•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice post Joe.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Here’s the thing... we all respect your right to an opinion. However, not all opinions are respectable. The opinion you just posted is not respectable. For your opinion to have a chance of being respectable, I suggest you provide some facts. Otherwise, you are just a bomb thrower, a troll or both.
      And, of course, only your opinion matters...

Comment

Nice post Joe.....
        Is that really Joe posting? He used to post on the old board under the name “Eagleclaw”, I believe.

Comment

Interesting:
          https://washingtonpremierfc.demosphe...86Interesting:

Comment

https://washingtonpremierfc.demosphe...%2B%2B95070086

Comment

That Eagleclaws “VDP” and first team, who is advertised as “THE PATHWAY TO THE VALENCIA CF YOUTH ACADEMY” ( https://www.eagleclawfc.org/valencia...covery-program ) went 1-1 against Washington Premier’s “C” team?

Well good news! You are in luck! They still have openings for you in this ultra exclusive, highly recommended (well I’ve never had my child participate, but other parents say so) program.

Those other RCL programs don’t know what they are doing putting your dd/ds on the “C” team. Join us and you can train with s bunch of other “C” team players whose parents think they belong on the “A” team and will one day become world class players for Valencia.

https://www.eagleclawfc.org/tryouts

All kidding aside, I like that they are being creative with tryouts and such and applaud their efforts. But arguing they are a good option for a kid that can make the highest level team at WA Premier, PacNW, SU, Crossfire, or EFC is ludicrous. I don’t think it makes sense for most kids that can make the second team at those clubs. If you are on the third best team? Ok, maybe it makes sense to take a look at Eagleclaw.

Comment

I was there and stopped by to watch the Eagleclaw-WA Premier Final after our Sound FC B04 C team team won the BU16 Samba division. Lots of us stopped to watch, mainly the second half. Eagleclaw and WP were in the top division. It was a fantastic game to watch and I have to say, that Eagleclaw team played some beautiful soccer. Two very different styles on display. WP did not look on the same level style-wise. I don’t believe WP had their U16 Black team or ECNL team in this tournament.

Comment

That Eagleclaws “VDP” and first team, who is advertised as “THE PATHWAY TO THE VALENCIA CF YOUTH ACADEMY” ( https://www.eagleclawfc.org/valencia...covery-program ) went 1-1 against Washington Premier’s “C” team?

Well good news! You are in luck! They still have openings for you in this ultra exclusive, highly recommended (well I’ve never had my child participate, but other parents say so) program.

Those other RCL programs don’t know what they are doing putting your dd/ds on the “C” team. Join us and you can train with s bunch of other “C” team players whose parents think they belong on the “A” team and will one day become world class players for Valencia.

https://www.eagleclawfc.org/tryouts

All kidding aside, I like that they are being creative with tryouts and such and applaud their efforts. But arguing they are a good option for a kid that can make the highest level team at WA Premier, PacNW, SU, Crossfire, or EFC is ludicrous. I don’t think it makes sense for most kids that can make the second team at those clubs. If you are on the third best team? Ok, maybe it makes sense to take a look at Eagleclaw.
                  The fact that Eagleclaw provides an after school shuttle is a great option for families who don't have a carpool/a parent or nanny to drive their kid everywhere afterschool. Especially being part of SU, which has no dedicated field, can be logistically hard for lots of families if the kid plays above the regional team. Practice sites are all over the city, mostly in north seattle, and can change literally 2 hours before practice, which is a logistical nightmare, especially if you have more than 1 kid or no carpool. Eagleclaw can be a good option for parents who need transporation, especially if it's the difference between a kid learning to play soccer or not playing at all.

Comment

The fact that Eagleclaw provides an after school shuttle is a great option for families who don't have a carpool/a parent or nanny to drive their kid everywhere afterschool. Especially being part of SU, which has no dedicated field, can be logistically hard for lots of families if the kid plays above the regional team. Practice sites are all over the city, mostly in north seattle, and can change literally 2 hours before practice, which is a logistical nightmare, especially if you have more than 1 kid or no carpool. Eagleclaw can be a good option for parents who need transporation, especially if it's the difference between a kid learning to play soccer or not playing at all.
                    Wow, that school shuttle is an excellent idea. Surprised no other club(that I know of) is doing this. People do change clubs often because of logistical problems, spending money on a shuttle probably pays off.

Yeah lots of families leave SU for the above reasons. Amazing a club of that size and prestige still does this.

Comment

I was there and stopped by to watch the Eagleclaw-WA Premier Final after our Sound FC B04 C team team won the BU16 Samba division. Lots of us stopped to watch, mainly the second half. Eagleclaw and WP were in the top division. It was a fantastic game to watch and I have to say, that Eagleclaw team played some beautiful soccer. Two very different styles on display. WP did not look on the same level style-wise. I don’t believe WP had their U16 Black team or ECNL team in this tournament.
                      So, what's the comparison? WP's third (or fourth) team against Eagleclaw's first team? Not seeing that is a good comparison of either club's potential.

Comment

So, what's the comparison? WP's third (or fourth) team against Eagleclaw's first team? Not seeing that is a good comparison of either club's potential.
                        Just based on a single tournament, probably the only takeaway is the quality of the style and players that were on the field on that particular day, which can't be reflected on the standings table. Again, style-wise the teams were very different. Is there any reason to think all WP U16 teams are training the same way, in the same style and play the same way? If so, then maybe other comparisons/projections can be made about how the Eagleclaw team would match up against WP ECNL or WP Black. Probably pointless to do so until the teams actually meet in some tournament. They are in different leagues so it won't happen in league play. Might never happen.

Comment

It's hard to keep repeating this but wow sports parents dumb. Tournaments do not reflect a YOUTH teams quality of play. Let's say it again tournaments do not reflect a YOUTH teams quality of play. So many factors go into that team for that game that showed up at that tournament on that day. And let's repeat this one over and over again. Scoring goals at YOUTH soccer is not a measure of goodness or a measure of your child's success in life or how good they will eventually be at soccer. Winning a tournament game generates next to zero quantifiable measures of a youth teams soccer brilliance. Why why why do the same people keep posting relationships to tournament wins. It's crazy. Also who actually cares. What I care about is my kids experience, my kids environment to learn a skill associated with soccer, how many touches my kid got on the ball. How many minutes my kid was in the game. Was my kid smiling at the start and at the end of the game. Did my kid persevere through a tough opponent or an overly physical opponent, Did my kid learn to calm down on the ball. Did my kid get some creativity. etc.....on and on and on. I bet I can get those things on an Eagleclaw team. I bet I also can get really pissed off on an Eagleclaw team. I bet as well I can get those things on a Crossfire team. I bet I can also get really pissed off on a Crossfire team. See a pattern developing. What matters most is what your kid is getting out of it and that can happen on terrible quality teams if your kid is a superstar and the opposite is true, your kid could have a terrible experience on a top team sitting the bench. Winning at a tournament means nothing. Focus on comparing what the kids on a team are learning versus winning. I would never go look at standings in tournaments and run to join a team because they win alot. I think we all learn that lesson as we progress through the U little phase.

To help out let's start with an example of a good vs bad post.

Bad post: I saw a Pac team play FW and they lost the tournament game 3-0. Pac sucks.

Good post: I saw a Pac team play, they worked the ball out of the back really well but ended up losing that ball around midfield every time. I saw them last year and they really progressed from a boot ball team to a more possession based style of soccer. That coach must be focusing on skill. I think they lost by 3 but the kids showed more composure than the FW team.

Comment

It's hard to keep repeating this but wow sports parents dumb. Tournaments do not reflect a YOUTH teams quality of play. Let's say it again tournaments do not reflect a YOUTH teams quality of play. So many factors go into that team for that game that showed up at that tournament on that day. And let's repeat this one over and over again. Scoring goals at YOUTH soccer is not a measure of goodness or a measure of your child's success in life or how good they will eventually be at soccer. Winning a tournament game generates next to zero quantifiable measures of a youth teams soccer brilliance. Why why why do the same people keep posting relationships to tournament wins. It's crazy. Also who actually cares. What I care about is my kids experience, my kids environment to learn a skill associated with soccer, how many touches my kid got on the ball. How many minutes my kid was in the game. Was my kid smiling at the start and at the end of the game. Did my kid persevere through a tough opponent or an overly physical opponent, Did my kid learn to calm down on the ball. Did my kid get some creativity. etc.....on and on and on. I bet I can get those things on an Eagleclaw team. I bet I also can get really pissed off on an Eagleclaw team. I bet as well I can get those things on a Crossfire team. I bet I can also get really pissed off on a Crossfire team. See a pattern developing. What matters most is what your kid is getting out of it and that can happen on terrible quality teams if your kid is a superstar and the opposite is true, your kid could have a terrible experience on a top team sitting the bench. Winning at a tournament means nothing. Focus on comparing what the kids on a team are learning versus winning. I would never go look at standings in tournaments and run to join a team because they win alot. I think we all learn that lesson as we progress through the U little phase.

To help out let's start with an example of a good vs bad post.

Bad post: I saw a Pac team play FW and they lost the tournament game 3-0. Pac sucks.

Good post: I saw a Pac team play, they worked the ball out of the back really well but ended up losing that ball around midfield every time. I saw them last year and they really progressed from a boot ball team to a more possession based style of soccer. That coach must be focusing on skill. I think they lost by 3 but the kids showed more composure than the FW team.
                            Agreed! Another reason tournaments aren't really a good gauge of team quality is that many teams use guest players. Sometimes those guest players are just bodies to fill holes and sometimes they are ringers. Sometimes, you just don't know why the guest player is being used. For example, at a recent tournament I saw a Snohomish United ECNL team had guest players from a Crossfire ECNL team. Why? Who knows? But obviously that should force us to look at tournaments differently.

Comment

Agreed! Another reason tournaments aren't really a good gauge of team quality is that many teams use guest players. Sometimes those guest players are just bodies to fill holes and sometimes they are ringers. Sometimes, you just don't know why the guest player is being used. For example, at a recent tournament I saw a Snohomish United ECNL team had guest players from a Crossfire ECNL team. Why? Who knows? But obviously that should force us to look at tournaments differently.
                              Agree. The reason you would see an XF kid on a SU team (or any mix of teams) is that the kids at age groups are all friends and go to school together and know each other from games, Toca, Coerver, etc.. We are constantly asked to guest play all summer and over the years have guest played across dozens of clubs.

Comment

You will never hear Eagleclaw say:
                                You're too small (seems like the Number 1 assessment to pick young players in Washington)
                                You're too technical we play direct
                                You're too timid on the ball
                                You're not a starter
                                You're not going to get playing time
                                You're not strong enough
                                You may not hear Eagleclaw says those phrases explicitly, but you will know that you are one or more of those things, if you don't make the team that actually plays games on the weekend. It seems pretty straightforward that Eagleclaw likes your money, just not your kid, enough to play him/her on the weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X