Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wake up DA is garbage in Florida, you are all hyped up on brands! Focus on getting the training, somehow find the right coaches, not sure it’s posible in this state, 10 yrs behind
    Bingo.
    And stop listening to the DA coaches/clubs that this is the way to pros. The chance of you making it to professional level is close to ZERO.
    Enjoy the huge OC DA/ECNL rosters again this year and don't be surprised when your son is not playing much.

Comment

Bingo.
      And stop listening to the DA coaches/clubs that this is the way to pros. The chance of you making it to professional level is close to ZERO.
      Enjoy the huge OC DA/ECNL rosters again this year and don't be surprised when your son is not playing much.
      I don't care how big the roster is as long as my boy is getting his 90 your kid can sit and watch him play.

Comment

Last year ocys wanted nothing to do with MV and vice versa. This year there is more communication between those areas because the staff actually speak to each other. They are clearly over loading all the teams in DA and Ecnl.
        This is true for now because the goal is to keep all the players. As soon as the season starts and rosters are full the communication with stop. They also train at opposite ends of central Florida and are two completely different entities so no opportunity for change.

Comment

This is true for now because the goal is to keep all the players. As soon as the season starts and rosters are full the communication with stop. They also train at opposite ends of central Florida and are two completely different entities so no opportunity for change.
          Players moved to ECNL are probably holding hope of making it back on DA if they stay with OC ECNL. We all know that's a big negative.

Comment

I have no idea if these rumors are even true, but I know a couple of really nice kids (boys) that left a very good situation to play for OCYS ECNL. How will OCYS handle the additional players being added to ECNL - if they push some of those other players down that would be completely wrong. Why push full paying kids down to a less expensive tier and replace them with kids "on scholarship" - that'd be a very stupid business decision and don't forget, these big soccer clubs are businesses. I'm sure some of the coaches just want to do the right thing and develop players, but the club as a whole is about making money - ALL of them.

Comment

All of you folks that say the professional club and DA are completely separate from the youth club are completely correct. The youth club is a non-profit called Seminole Soccer Club, Inc. They own the fields up in Lake Mary and have for many years. They pay a licensing fee annually to call themselves Orlando City. They are two completely separate organizations that try to cooperate. I believe the professional club has a board seat or two on Seminole Soccer Club, Inc.'s board of directors, but people who think these two organizations are in lock step and that you can just transition from ECNL to DA because its the same organization are sadly mistaken. There is an MLS team and their DA and an old, long standing youth soccer club that pays a licensing fee to use the MLS team's name - that's it - that's the connection.

Comment

All of you folks that say the professional club and DA are completely separate from the youth club are completely correct. The youth club is a non-profit called Seminole Soccer Club, Inc. They own the fields up in Lake Mary and have for many years. They pay a licensing fee annually to call themselves Orlando City. They are two completely separate organizations that try to cooperate. I believe the professional club has a board seat or two on Seminole Soccer Club, Inc.'s board of directors, but people who think these two organizations are in lock step and that you can just transition from ECNL to DA because its the same organization are sadly mistaken. There is an MLS team and their DA and an old, long standing youth soccer club that pays a licensing fee to use the MLS team's name - that's it - that's the connection.
                It is a little deeper than that, Because last year they did use DP players. I am sure it will happen again this year. but all the Trolls keep trying to explain it like they really know something.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X