Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peak Fc is joke.

can't believe this club exists. Bill Nardino is fraud!

Can you tell us more about why?

I've been curious about them. Heard a lot when they came on the scene last year but almost nothing since.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can you tell us more about why?

I've been curious about them. Heard a lot when they came on the scene last year but almost nothing since.
      Made a big deal about their 03s going to regionals and being NH State Champs. Fundraisers to send their “champs” to regionals in WV. They went via default because no other team entered! It’s a cult not a club. Ran by parents for one team.

Comment

Ah...yes. been part of a program like that too.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

can't believe this club exists. Bill Nardino is fraud!
          Going to need more information then that.

Comment

I had high hopes for Peak FC when I first heard about what they were trying to do, but was disappointed when they turned into just another club playing NHSL and competing for the same players.

Yes, their 03 girls team planned to play in EDP New England until it didn't happen, but some of their other teams are floundering in NHSL D3.

I'll be interested to see if the girls team, and any other, move to NSL with it's new positioning as the regional USYS league with a direct path to the Eastern Regional Championships.

Comment

I had high hopes for Peak FC when I first heard about what they were trying to do, but was disappointed when they turned into just another club playing NHSL and competing for the same players.

Yes, their 03 girls team planned to play in EDP New England until it didn't happen, but some of their other teams are floundering in NHSL D3.

I'll be interested to see if the girls team, and any other, move to NSL with it's new positioning as the regional USYS league with a direct path to the Eastern Regional Championships.
              Thought they were all in on EDP NE again this year? The boys teams can’t compete in NSL or EDP, they lost all games in NHSL Div 3, with the president of NHSA as their coach.

Comment

Made a big deal about their 03s going to regionals and being NH State Champs. Fundraisers to send their “champs” to regionals in WV. They went via default because no other team entered! It’s a cult not a club. Ran by parents for one team.
                Yes, those parents are abysmal on the sidelines.

Comment

Yes, those parents are abysmal on the sidelines.
                  That’s what happens when you let parents who know absolutely 0 about soccer try and run a club.

Comment

That’s what happens when you let parents who know absolutely 0 about soccer try and run a club.
                    Yep, neither does BN. He sucks!!!

Comment

Yep, neither does BN. He sucks!!!
                      Bill is an average coach at best. Not great at developing players, would much rather just coach a team that will win games in poor leagues then test his players. Not a leader at all.

Comment

As a parent that has just left the “club” I wasn’t impressed. Promised more than we received. Ended up playing NHSL which did nothing for the development. Was told it would be a “cheaper” club experience, but we got what we paid for. Cheap price tag for a subpar product. Some teams ended up paying more then they would at Stars, GPS or SU.

The financial backing has been pulled from what I’ve been told. The club was created for the 03 team only. The “parent coordinator” is vile. They have a 1 good coach on the staff in JV, the varsity coach from Bow. The rest aren’t great, but talk a good game. I doubt they’ll be around for much longer. As for promoting the futsal side of their club, going to regionals etc, all teams teams finished mid to bottom of their table in NH futsal league, wonder what would happen to them at regionals? Oh wait, the same as what happened 2 months ago. Steer clear!

Comment

As a parent that has just left the “club” I wasn’t impressed. Promised more than we received. Ended up playing NHSL which did nothing for the development. Was told it would be a “cheaper” club experience, but we got what we paid for. Cheap price tag for a subpar product. Some teams ended up paying more then they would at Stars, GPS or SU.

The financial backing has been pulled from what I’ve been told. The club was created for the 03 team only. The “parent coordinator” is vile. They have a 1 good coach on the staff in JV, the varsity coach from Bow. The rest aren’t great, but talk a good game. I doubt they’ll be around for much longer. As for promoting the futsal side of their club, going to regionals etc, all teams teams finished mid to bottom of their table in NH futsal league, wonder what would happen to them at regionals? Oh wait, the same as what happened 2 months ago. Steer clear!
                          Rumor is that BN is back coaching in HS girls...

Comment

Rumor is that BN is back coaching in HS girls...
                            Yes, Apparently he is either the JV coach or assistant coach for a high school again.

Comment

Your mileage may differ

I've been through a lot of coaches, good, bad, and average, with my child, and coached (albeit years ago, back when the ball was square, and h.s., not club), and I'd say that Bill Nardino did a good job coaching my child. Starting a new club isn't necessarily easy, but the parents and players who chose to switch clubs with him, for whatever their own, unique reasons, felt like it made sense to switch. Some may have come from from clubs which dissolved, but many came from Seacoast.

We have been happy with our coach, JV, and we feel comfortable that the next coach will also measure up. My child's soccer savvy, skills, and confidence have all benefited from the coaching received from Bill and other coaches now at Peak.

As far as playing in the NHSL, it certainly made the travel easier (though we still had to travel to tournaments). The competition, nominally playing "up", was okay. Would they have developed more playing other competition? Hard to say. If the main difference in the competition is playing soccer like hockey, like some theoretically 'better' teams (MA), no. To the extent some of the better teams actually played 'good' soccer, controlling the ball well, setting up passes, good timing, yes, that might have made a difference and encouraged them to up their own play.

Neither I nor my child have any illusions that soccer is going to lead to an athletic scholarship. If she is able to play in college (hopefully a small college with good academics), great! I just hope she continues to love the game and tries to get better (even running for conditioning now, though she hates to run!)

I think a parent would be wise talking to several different parents on a team before choosing a club. Every child is different, is motivated to a different degree, and what suits one might not suit another. Likewise, for finances. Peak was charging significantly less than Seacoast, and that factors in for some parents. (... and some of those players playing on NHSL teams may also be influenced by the cost, rather than worrying about the particular league). I would note, though, that Seacoast does offer scholarships to help lessen the financial burden.

At the end of the day, if your child is improving to his or her satisfaction, and you like the team and the other parents, and you like the coach, and you can afford it, a given club might be good for your child. It does make sense, however, to know the basis for the opinion, good or bad, that a parent is giving.

While the NH Talking Soccer board hasn't been as toxic as the MA version, it seems to be creeping that way. I hope NH posters will focus more on facts than venting without specific information. We're NH, we're special!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X