Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your kid in it for college or dreams of a professional career?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter would skip college to play pro and not think twice about it. She loves soccer thats why she plays. She goes to school because we make her.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I dont know why I am.entertaining this ignorant comment. But I will tell you this. You have heard of people taking up basketball in college and becoming pros. You have heard of kids taking up football in college and becoming professionals. Kids changing sports and becoming baseball professionals.

You will never hear of someone taking up soccer in later years and becoming a professional. It's too difficult a sport. Athletes like Kobe Bryant, Hakeen Alojuwan (however you spell it) etc who credit their footwork and balance to youth soccer.

If you have ever played each of the big sports like I have and also played Soccer you would know that soccer is the most difficult of them all. Every sport requires athleticism but they all have preplanned plays. Soccer requires lightning fast decision making, vision, not to mention unnatural control, dexterity and coordination with your feet while you are managing all of the above.
      You never hear of someone taking up soccer in later years and becoming professional because it's a wussy sport for men. Soccer is in no way the most difficult, I'm sorry you were too much of a wuss to succeed in a real sport.

Comment

My daughter would skip college to play pro and not think twice about it. She loves soccer thats why she plays. She goes to school because we make her.
        Omg, same for my kid! She hates school, does well, but hates it. She is literally going to college to play soccer, lol. I've already told her that if she had an opportunity to play pro here or in Europe, I'd be fine with her taking it. She can always get a degree down the road if necessary, but there is a small window to play professionally.

Comment

You never hear of someone taking up soccer in later years and becoming professional because it's a wussy sport for men. Soccer is in no way the most difficult, I'm sorry you were too much of a wuss to succeed in a real sport.
          Oh God! I'm not going to get sucked into a meaningless conversation with a half-wit like you. Doofus!

Comment

I'm curious about something. I dont have any daughters but I've noticed that the busiest thread on this forum always involve conversations about girls soccer.

This original question did not specify girls they just mentioned "kid". But it turned into a tit for tat about girls soccer.

Why are parents of girls so competitive with each other? Actually as I was writing this I just think I figured it out. It's the mother's of daughters. Not the parents. That's my opinion.

But why are parents (or mothers) of girls so katty against each others kids?
            Hahaha you just "figured it out"?? There are plenty of over-the-top daddies on sidelines and definitely on this board.

Comment

Omg, same for my kid! She hates school, does well, but hates it. She is literally going to college to play soccer, lol. I've already told her that if she had an opportunity to play pro here or in Europe, I'd be fine with her taking it. She can always get a degree down the road if necessary, but there is a small window to play professionally.
              That's the path for boys. Girls get degrees.

Comment

Hahaha you just "figured it out"?? There are plenty of over-the-top daddies on sidelines and definitely on this board.
                Daddies are in the majority, absolutely.

Comment

That's the path for boys. Girls get degrees.
                  For now

Comment

My kid, like 98% of others is in it to have fun, make friends and stay fit and healthy. Problem is 50% of parents think the Elite level is in reach for their kids and that is the big issue with youth sports today.

Comment

For now
                      For the next 20 years.

Comment

My kid, like 98% of others is in it to have fun, make friends and stay fit and healthy. Problem is 50% of parents think the Elite level is in reach for their kids and that is the big issue with youth sports today.
                        so your kid just plays rec soccer and chases butterflies on the field

understood

Comment

understood
                          Funny because both of your kids play on
                          The sane team

Comment

Funny because both of your kids play on
                            The sane team
                            And this is one reason why LI is such a soccer cesspool. At some point, a lot of these kids played together, then all the mommies and daddies decide little superstar is not getting enough attention, so they start club hopping. When cheering on the sideline how do they keep the team names straight lol. One season screaming for one team, next season screaming for another. Then they hit the anonymous soccer forums, bashing all the clubs they used to belong to.

Comment

understood
                              you make that sound demeaning but he just loves the game. Enjoys it and no pressure, team travels around and has a lot of fun. It's great!!!!

Comment

understood
                                Elitist attitudes like yours is killing soccer. Elite price tags and travel is keeping families out, and the attitude that there's no point in playing unless you're in the upper echelon is a complete turn off. Playing at any level, learning the game and developing passion for it should be encouraged.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X