Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    By when do the coaches truly know what players have made the A team and the B team?
    Does it really take 6-8 training sessions to determine the teams?
    Most will be carried over from last year. They likely have had a pretty good for a while now, need to justify charging for pool training though.

Comment

Is the B team basically the Florida camp or will some age groups have B teams for Alabama camp?

Comment

Is the B team basically the Florida camp or will some age groups have B teams for Alabama camp?
        B teams go to Alabama camp too at least in our age group.

Comment

What age group is that?

Comment

ODP = DA level athleticism with a nearly total lack of soccer IQ, USA possession and dribble soccer.
            Knowing several kids that are well regarded ODP players, having seen them play, this assessment is not far off.

Comment

Knowing several kids that are well regarded ODP players, having seen them play, this assessment is not far off.
              Hmmm. Several Florida da teams absolutely suck. A mid level state cup team would compete with these teams.

Comment

Hmmm. Several Florida da teams absolutely suck. A mid level state cup team would compete with these teams.
                maybe you are right, that's not what I am posting. the odp kids i have seen are above average athletically, below average technical and way below average soccer iq. maybe i just saw some mediocre kids, who knows?

Comment

maybe you are right, that's not what I am posting. the odp kids i have seen are above average athletically, below average technical and way below average soccer iq. maybe i just saw some mediocre kids, who knows?
                  I dunno, Thats all I've seen. At least on the boys side.

Comment

ODP is more of an enrichment program for players who are not in DA. DA does not allow its players to participate in ODP. ODP is not a four day a week training program. ODP does need to find a way to change with the times. The ODP teams should train more often, perhaps a north and south Florida regional ODP teams. The ODP teams should enter events such as the Disney Showcase and play in the top tiers against the best competition. ODP practices and games should be announced and open for college recruiting.

Comment

ODP is more of an enrichment program for players who are not in DA. DA does not allow its players to participate in ODP. ODP is not a four day a week training program. ODP does need to find a way to change with the times. The ODP teams should train more often, perhaps a north and south Florida regional ODP teams. The ODP teams should enter events such as the Disney Showcase and play in the top tiers against the best competition. ODP practices and games should be announced and open for college recruiting.
                      I think you miss the point of ODP... but you do repeat ODP a lot.

Comment

What is the purpose of B teams in the Alabama camp?

Comment

What is the purpose of B teams in the Alabama camp?
                          Generate revenue for FYSA. Same objective as every youth club. Duh!

Comment

Clearly. That’s just dumb. Seems like that should be the purpose of the Florida camp.

Comment

Is odp still a thing? Oh pls, pack up and move on.

Comment

Is odp still a thing? Oh pls, pack up and move on.
                                Look, just cause you don’t like it, or think you’re too good for it, doesn’t mean it’s worthless. We have great friends in the program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X