Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    3 years at Stony Brook. One bad year at SBU, One Good Year followed by a bad year. Yes, I consider the last one a bad year. They lost to UMass Lowell who had a #213 RPI in the AE Tourney. I guess this is the best Yale could do. Congrats to him for spinning this into a better job.
    They won the regular season this year and won the tournament last year. Not bad considering he was just beginning to get his players in. Yale is a good job. Next stop for successful Ivy coaches is the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Good luck to him and the program.

Comment

Who found the better coach.....Yale or Princeton?

Asking for a friend
      You actually bring up a great point. When Princeton hired SD a few years ago, people were mocking the hire. A few Ivy titles and a trip to the Elite 8 later and they aren’t saying boo. Could be the same thing at Yale. Don’t judge a book by its cover you yahoos.

Comment

Looks like Yale website has been updated. Former assistants are gone from site. Is BF starting from scratch?

Comment

Looks like Yale website has been updated. Former assistants are gone from site. Is BF starting from scratch?
          Wouldn’t you? The former assistants need to at least apply

Comment

You actually bring up a great point. When Princeton hired SD a few years ago, people were mocking the hire. A few Ivy titles and a trip to the Elite 8 later and they aren’t saying boo. Could be the same thing at Yale. Don’t judge a book by its cover you yahoos.
            Chapter 1. losing to UMass Lowell

Comment

They won the regular season this year and won the tournament last year. Not bad considering he was just beginning to get his players in. Yale is a good job. Next stop for successful Ivy coaches is the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Good luck to him and the program.
              I did the same thing and people say I suck too and yet I was awarded best coach in Connecticut that year.
              Signed,
              Barry Beattie (Staples)

Comment

Which successful Ivy coaches have gone on to the ACC, SEC or Big 10? I don’t have time to look, but I’m assuming you know...

Comment

Which successful Ivy coaches have gone on to the ACC, SEC or Big 10? I don’t have time to look, but I’m assuming you know...
                  Dartmouth men’s coach went to Notre Dame. Happened twice

Comment

Chapter 1. losing to UMass Lowell
                    One game isn't a big deal. It's about the pattern. His pattern is mid table at best but maybe the issue is more SB related (possibly not much support from teh school, tough to recruit there). Regarding SD - wasn't he only the assistant before he went to Princeton? Like someone said, sometimes all it takes is someone who's really hungry, not necessarily their resume.

Comment

One game isn't a big deal. It's about the pattern. His pattern is mid table at best but maybe the issue is more SB related (possibly not much support from teh school, tough to recruit there). Regarding SD - wasn't he only the assistant before he went to Princeton? Like someone said, sometimes all it takes is someone who's really hungry, not necessarily their resume.
                      What was interesting about SD’s path was that he went from head coach at one program to Associate Head coach at another program in the same league, then got the gig at Princeton.

Comment

SS at UVA was at Dartmouth
                        EW at PSU was at Dartmouth
                        RL at MD was at Harvard
                        DA at Vandy was at Penn
                        TR was at ND came from Dartmouth
                        JS at JMU (not Power 5 but good job) from Princeton

I’m sure there are others I’m missing. Ivy is a great stop on the coaching career track. If you can recruit without scholarships, I guess they assume you can recruit with them even better.

Comment

I think the pattern more importantly is the bad teams they played this past fall. Seriously this guy must be a great talker.

Quality Wins Oregon State (This is a stretch as Oregon State were 2-17)

Wins Against Bad Teams
                          Seton Hall 2-12-4
                          Wagner 3-14
                          Delaware State 1-15-2
                          Iona 3-13-2
                          Maine 6-9-1
                          Vermont 6-9-3
                          Binghamton 7-9-2
                          UMBC 2-15
                          Lowell 8-9-4

Wins Against Decent Team Hartford 13-3-2

Those are some really, really bad teams they managed to beat.

Comment

SS at UVA was at Dartmouth
                            EW at PSU was at Dartmouth
                            RL at MD was at Harvard
                            DA at Vandy was at Penn
                            TR was at ND came from Dartmouth
                            JS at JMU (not Power 5 but good job) from Princeton

I’m sure there are others I’m missing. Ivy is a great stop on the coaching career track. If you can recruit without scholarships, I guess they assume you can recruit with them even better.
                            Thanks for putting this together. You can say their full names though, it’s ok. I agree that Ivy is a great stop, no doubt.

Comment

Thanks for putting this together. You can say their full names though, it’s ok. I agree that Ivy is a great stop, no doubt.
                              My guess is that he'll pull assistants from the pool of friends that he's made along the way.

Comment

I think the pattern more importantly is the bad teams they played this past fall. Seriously this guy must be a great talker.

Quality Wins Oregon State (This is a stretch as Oregon State were 2-17)

Wins Against Bad Teams
                                Seton Hall 2-12-4
                                Wagner 3-14
                                Delaware State 1-15-2
                                Iona 3-13-2
                                Maine 6-9-1
                                Vermont 6-9-3
                                Binghamton 7-9-2
                                UMBC 2-15
                                Lowell 8-9-4

Wins Against Decent Team Hartford 13-3-2

Those are some really, really bad teams they managed to beat.
                                Is he dating the AD at Yale? How in the world did he get this job???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X