Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it gets worse...

From the age of 6 in Europe, your "official" player vio begins. http://rfaf.es/pnfg/NPcd/NFG_CMP_Gol...dgrupo=2070561

For players listed as keepers, their games, wins, losses, and stats are all recorded. Likewise for other players, goals scored, games played, wins, losses...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      YSR is head and shoulder more accurate that GotSoccer. In my experience, it has been pretty darn accurate as to the strength of the teams we face. Maybe the exact ranking is off but when you're dealing with hundredths or tenths of a point, there's bound to be some variance.

I've found that the teams ranked higher than ours are tougher, the teams ranked lower are weaker, and the teams right around us are evenly matched.
      I've found this to be the case in MY EXPERIENCE TOO. Teams that have been highly ranked by Got Soccer, compared to our team, we have beaten them and most of them fairly easy. If you look at those teams in YSR they are ranked considerably lower than they are in Got Soccer. Whereas teams that have been ranked higher in YSR typically lived up to their ranking.

Example..... 03 Girls Sunrise Sting 2003 Z1 is ranked 10th in Got Soccer. Yet ranked 26th in YSR. ) 03 Girls Celtic is ranked 26th in Got Soccer and 8th in YST. Celtic easily beat Sunrise 6-1. Whereas when Pinecrest Premier SC Blue 03 girls (ranked in YSR #4 and #2 in Got Soccer ) played Celtic the games was a tie.

Both systems have huge flaws. However ,IN MY OPINION, easily Got Soccer is much worse than YSR.

Comment

I've found this to be the case in MY EXPERIENCE TOO. Teams that have been highly ranked by Got Soccer, compared to our team, we have beaten them and most of them fairly easy. If you look at those teams in YSR they are ranked considerably lower than they are in Got Soccer. Whereas teams that have been ranked higher in YSR typically lived up to their ranking.

Example..... 03 Girls Sunrise Sting 2003 Z1 is ranked 10th in Got Soccer. Yet ranked 26th in YSR. ) 03 Girls Celtic is ranked 26th in Got Soccer and 8th in YST. Celtic easily beat Sunrise 6-1. Whereas when Pinecrest Premier SC Blue 03 girls (ranked in YSR #4 and #2 in Got Soccer ) played Celtic the games was a tie.

Both systems have huge flaws. However ,IN MY OPINION, easily Got Soccer is much worse than YSR.
        Oh no, please not The Boot & Scoot Celtic again.

Comment

Oh no, please not The Boot & Scoot Celtic again.
          YSR got completely screwed up over the past month because gotsoccer changed their team profile pages and they have had trouble importing the data needed for their algorithms. It is a more sound ranking system however it is only as good as the quality of data being fed into it. Gotsoccer specifically changed their format to screw with YSR.

Comment

YSR got completely screwed up over the past month because gotsoccer changed their team profile pages and they have had trouble importing the data needed for their algorithms. It is a more sound ranking system however it is only as good as the quality of data being fed into it. Gotsoccer specifically changed their format to screw with YSR.
            That's not surprising at all! It's all about the benjamins!

Comment

Any system is going to be flawed, some more so than others. They are an unfortunate necessity for tournament organizers to try and match up teams they know little about. Beyond that they shouldn't be used by anyone, but good luck telling parents that their kids' U12 team being #1 actually means something.

Comment

Any system is going to be flawed, some more so than others. They are an unfortunate necessity for tournament organizers to try and match up teams they know little about. Beyond that they shouldn't be used by anyone, but good luck telling parents that their kids' U12 team being #1 actually means something.
                I think the rankings actually mean A LOT more to parents than the kids. Especially when comparing their club against rival clubs (TBU vs WFF, Weston vs Sunrise vs Prime, Armada vs FL Elite...etc). It also give the smaller clubs a measuring stick as to how they stack up against the larger clubs.

Comment

YSR is head and shoulder more accurate that GotSoccer. In my experience, it has been pretty darn accurate as to the strength of the teams we face. Maybe the exact ranking is off but when you're dealing with hundredths or tenths of a point, there's bound to be some variance.

I've found that the teams ranked higher than ours are tougher, the teams ranked lower are weaker, and the teams right around us are evenly matched.
                  The New GS format ( look) is horrible!

Comment

The New GS format ( look) is horrible!
                    It sure it. Everything about that site is horrible now.

Comment

It sure it. Everything about that site is horrible now.
                      It may look horrible but nothing really has changed, my son's team was #1 on the old site format and is still #1 on the new site format!

Comment

It may look horrible but nothing really has changed, my son's team was #1 on the old site format and is still #1 on the new site format!
                        Touche..... What's their rank on YSR #25?

Comment

Touche..... What's their rank on YSR #25?
                          #4; but I do get what you are saying, YSR is much more accurate in most cases. But in my son's age group, I think Got Soccer is more accurate, that is why they are #1!!

Comment

It's truly amazing that youth teams in England, Germany, Italy, etc...don't have youth rankings....what the heck is wrong with those Europeans ...LMAO
                            Wrong, Europe does have youth rankings. Lived there, had kids play there

Comment

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...m-rankings/men

Comment

Wrong, Europe does have youth rankings. Lived there, had kids play there
                                Wrong, guess again. If ye don't eat yur meat, ye cant have any puddin, how can ye have any puddin if ye dont eat your meat!

Stand still will ye!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X