Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because, it's not in her nature. Like her parents, we worry about what is in our control and what affects us; and things that don't we let slide. Life's too short to take all issues personally.

So, honestly, she made the team, she does her part, she works hard and does what is asked of her.

Not sure what kind of issues can result in minding one's own business?
    Your daughter being "pissed" at teammates and you writing multiple posts on this topic kind of seems the opposite of letting things slide and not worrying about it. Seems more like both you and your daughter are trying to avoid any kind of discomfort that might result from just asking the player or parents what the deal is. So instead of facing an issue that's bothering you head on, you skirt the it by bottling up resentment and posting complaints on an anonymous forum, hardly a constructive way to deal with a problem. Your kid is still in high school, this is the time she should be learning positive ways to handle issues, especially when it's not in her nature. College is coming soon, teach her how to communicate with other people effectively. She'll feel much more empowered.

Comment

I did. He is all set with it. Does that make you feel better?

Comment

Your daughter being "pissed" at teammates and you writing multiple posts on this topic kind of seems the opposite of letting things slide and not worrying about it. Seems more like both you and your daughter are trying to avoid any kind of discomfort that might result from just asking the player or parents what the deal is. So instead of facing an issue that's bothering you head on, you skirt the it by bottling up resentment and posting complaints on an anonymous forum, hardly a constructive way to deal with a problem. Your kid is still in high school, this is the time she should be learning positive ways to handle issues, especially when it's not in her nature. College is coming soon, teach her how to communicate with other people effectively. She'll feel much more empowered.
        No resentment. She thinks its wrong, and goes about her day otherwise. She knows life's not always fair; it happens.

The problem is with those who have an agenda and have their panties in a twist over it. We're a "let it roll off our backs" family.

Comment

Why have YOU not talked to the DA coach?
          Because we don't really care. People make their beds, they have to lie in them. We explained to her that sh*t happens, and life won't always be fair. As long as it doesn't affect her directly -and it doesn't-then move along.

Comment

No resentment. She thinks its wrong, and goes about her day otherwise. She knows life's not always fair; it happens.

The problem is with those who have an agenda and have their panties in a twist over it. We're a "let it roll off our backs" family.
            So in other words as long as she gets something out of it it's ok to participate in a sham organization. Got it.

Comment

So in other words as long as she gets something out of it it's ok to participate in a sham organization. Got it.
              You called it a sham organization. For us, we have no complaints.

We'll continue to worry about what is best for our family, and you can continue to worry about what is best for everyone else's families.

I'm comfortable with that approach.

There's lots of things I don't agree with in life. Most don't have a direction correlation to how I live mine. Based on your assertions, I should just not participate in life?

Got it.

Comment

I thought about this a bit, after reading the comments, and we all have to realize, in life, the better players don't have the same rules. Last year the Seacoast Boys DAP allowed one of their best academy players to play high school in the fall. He was a good senior and then went back to DAP for the spring and is now at UNH. It happens every year, so live with it and move on.

Comment

I thought about this a bit, after reading the comments, and we all have to realize, in life, the better players don't have the same rules. Last year the Seacoast Boys DAP allowed one of their best academy players to play high school in the fall. He was a good senior and then went back to DAP for the spring and is now at UNH. It happens every year, so live with it and move on.
                  Sorry, it was 2 years ago, my bad

Comment

That is within the rules.

Comment

That is within the rules.
                      Different poster, but I don't think it was within the rules. If it's the kid I'm thinking of, he basically got a waiver to play public school soccer his senior year. Although, I honestly can't remember if he was rostered on the DA team at the same time, so may have used the "added after the fall season" loophole. Usually, only players new to the program are allowed to do this.

Comment

The longer you are at Seacoast the more you realize what an inept organization they are.

Comment

Different poster, but I don't think it was within the rules. If it's the kid I'm thinking of, he basically got a waiver to play public school soccer his senior year. Although, I honestly can't remember if he was rostered on the DA team at the same time, so may have used the "added after the fall season" loophole. Usually, only players new to the program are allowed to do this.
                          That is correct but it is a loophole that is frequently used by clubs and ignored by USSF.

Comment

True, but if you are not on the roster in the fall and play high school and then join the DA team, the player is technically within the rules. That is why it is so stupid that these girls are doing both at the same time.

Comment

True, but if you are not on the roster in the fall and play high school and then join the DA team, the player is technically within the rules. That is why it is so stupid that these girls are doing both at the same time.
                              Bottom line is this: Londonderry and Trinity girls teams had DA players play both this year while other teams and programs in girls NH DI & DII & DIII programs LOST girls to the DA program who were told "no you cant play for your HS too" by SUSC. Then, SUSC decides to still let the Trinity girl and Londonderry girl - after KNOWING that they were doing both still play DA.

Stop with the "waivers" claims - the loopholes claims. This is not the case - the NHIAA is looking at sanctioning the coaches of Trinity and Londonderry as well as the AD's at both schools for allowing this to happen.

This was predicted last spring when the DA announcement happened and the BS that would come with it has happened. SUSC, Londonderry, and Trinity girls programs are all in the wrong and it needs to be made public in the papers.

Comment

Made public in the papers?

You realize 99.9999999999999% of the population doesn’t care, right?

But, go ahead. Write a letter to the editor Woodward. See the reaction you get.

The amount of angst this causes you crossed the line from funny to concerning.

I’ll ask again: what did they say when you spoke to Trinity, Seacoast, Londonderry, US Soccer, your congressman, the President, God directly? I mean this appears to be a major concern so other than being the creepy voyeur, what feedback have you got?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X