Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention there are only 14 scholarships per team so most are not getting a free ride unless they are in the top 11-14 of the team. As long as a player is going to a school because they like it for academics then they will be happy otherwise many will chase being a starter in college only to end up transferring.
    This is just as ignorant assumption. So player 15 to 25 or whatever is destined to transfer because they did not start. I am positive you never played team sports. You have no idea how wonderful it is to be part of something bigger and greater then oneself. Feel bad for your daughter of she grew up with this pressure and ignorance.

Comment

Not to mention there are only 14 scholarships per team so most are not getting a free ride unless they are in the top 11-14 of the team. As long as a player is going to a school because they like it for academics then they will be happy otherwise many will chase being a starter in college only to end up transferring.
      Not even sure where to start, this shows ignorance at so many levels....

Comment

This is just as ignorant assumption. So player 15 to 25 or whatever is destined to transfer because they did not start. I am positive you never played team sports. You have no idea how wonderful it is to be part of something bigger and greater then oneself. Feel bad for your daughter of she grew up with this pressure and ignorance.
        Not only that but for most players the goal is a quality college, not necessarily a 4 year soccer career. If they're happy at the school and made good choices they'll probably stay. Unfortunately players 20+ probably won't be on the roster after year 2 unless they really step it up. That's how D1 soccer goes. You're always fighting for your job, even if you're just a practice cone.

Also the transfer rate for women's soccer is much lower than it is for men so it seems more are making the right choices for themselves.

Comment

Many of you would benefit from attending AB's TBU seminar on the college soccer experience. You would learn a lot. It might be a better use of your time than bashing a kid who works very hard and landed a spot at a top SEC program.
          Good point. There is a lot of wrong information being thrown around on here.

Comment

Yes the one TBU poached from WFF
            TBU is known for placing top girls' team players in solid D1 programs, and as a result there are players who develop elsewhere and then come to TBU to get the best looks. Everyone knows the power of relationships in soccer recruiting, and the BB/TBU relationship is a prime example. So yes, players defect from other programs for TBU, but it is for all the right reasons. Field better teams and get better recruiting results, and you will keep your top players.

Comment

No poaching involved. Family ran from WFF like their hair was on fire.
              This.

Comment

Yup you got me figured out. Please feel bad for for my daughter who will be
                going to MIT and has a spot on the soccer team. All my ignorance must have hindered her development!

My point was to make sure a college is chosen because it meets the students academic and social needs and not just soccer. If they don’t then many, not all, will transfer. I was never hating on anyone for getting recruited. My daughter knows the girl and wish her the best

Comment

going to MIT and has a spot on the soccer team. All my ignorance must have hindered her development!

My point was to make sure a college is chosen because it meets the students academic and social needs and not just soccer. If they don’t then many, not all, will transfer. I was never hating on anyone for getting recruited. My daughter knows the girl and wish her the best
                  Since you're fantasizing, you should have picked Stanford instead. Top school AND top soccer.

Now go back to your daydreaming, but go bigger!

Comment

Since you're fantasizing, you should have picked Stanford instead. Top school AND top soccer.

Now go back to your daydreaming, but go bigger!
                    That would be a good story if I was going to lie....keep hating on people as I am sure it has worked wonders for you.

Comment

Not sure MIT even has a women's soccer team (in what league?) - but right on!

Comment

DIII, they play against teams like the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.

Comment

Seems like if a kid goes to a school like MIT they would forgo college sports. Seems like an oxymoron.

Comment

#TheYoyoEffect
                            Yoyo is God. Like Tim Tebow you are a better person for being around him.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X