Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How far back before the start of the GDA did you count to make this an accurate statement?

Some of these Directors have a direct link to US soccer...Take JD at Stars for an example so is there a correlation as why some clubs seem to produce more national team players

Comment

It is crumbling.

PDA
      Stars
      Michigan Hawks
      Eclipse
      Crossfire
      LA Slammers
      NYCFC

Pick and age group and these ECNL clubs alone have produced more national team players than all GDA teams combined. Yes in the whole country, combined, all of them. That tells you what you need to know.
      Do you realize how foolish you sound? You’re arguing kids girls soccer leagues. You’re actually getting a joy out of kids playing in one league vs the other. At the end of the day it’s a bunch of girls playing soccer. But I guess if you have aspirations of your child playing on the USWNT then it does matter. I feel really bad for your daughter.

Comment

Do you realize how foolish you sound? You’re arguing kids girls soccer leagues. You’re actually getting a joy out of kids playing in one league vs the other. At the end of the day it’s a bunch of girls playing soccer. But I guess if you have aspirations of your child playing on the USWNT then it does matter. I feel really bad for your daughter.
        I just enjoy one league, backed by us soccer making a power play and losing when a successful framework already existed but they wanted all the power and money and put themselves ahead or thier customers.

Comment

not the op - I think most feel bad for the families that got involved with this mess. To a certain extent the clubs too.. Some like OW had little choice, others believed in the proposition. No one feels sorry for USSF. they made this mess, they should clean it up. It could be salvaged but the new additions show they don't care about improving it, just making it bigger.

Comment

I just enjoy one league, backed by us soccer making a power play and losing when a successful framework already existed but they wanted all the power and money and put themselves ahead or thier customers.
            100% spot on.
            I enjoy watching the USSF fail due to their arrogance.
            It is a shame for the players who were sold a bridge to no where but then again their parents were gullible and did not do their homework before jumping in.

Comment

not the op - I think most feel bad for the families that got involved with this mess. To a certain extent the clubs too.. Some like OW had little choice, others believed in the proposition. No one feels sorry for USSF. they made this mess, they should clean it up. It could be salvaged but the new additions show they don't care about improving it, just making it bigger.
              OW had no real choice. What is sad is that the parents really thought the world would change for their kid when they wend from NPL to GDA. In reality, it is same second best league in New England.

Comment

OW had no real choice. What is sad is that the parents really thought the world would change for their kid when they wend from NPL to GDA. In reality, it is same second best league in New England.
                It's worse. They lost or are losing their varsity kids and getting JV and rec. kids in return. NPL was stronger.

Comment

It's worse. They lost or are losing their varsity kids and getting JV and rec. kids in return. NPL was stronger.
                  The travel and vast resources used to support GDA ultimately is what kills it in northeast. Way to expensive for a little club like 0W to support.

Comment

I’ve heard this same exact thing said about OW GDA ad nauseum. I’ve never seen them play, but I have to imagine that it’s complete bullshît when people claim they have JV and rec players. Come on.

Comment

I’ve heard this same exact thing said about OW GDA ad nauseum. I’ve never seen them play, but I have to imagine that it’s complete bullshît when people claim they have JV and rec players. Come on.
                      They have been steadily losing good players and haven’t been able to replace them with players of equal quality.

Rec is probably a stretch but there were certainly players that wouldn’t have been varsity starters as 9th and 10th graders

Comment

They have been steadily losing good players and haven’t been able to replace them with players of equal quality.

Rec is probably a stretch but there were certainly players that wouldn’t have been varsity starters as 9th and 10th graders
                        Thanks, that makes more sense. So then you obviously think that the OW GDA would get completely dominated by both CFC or FSA ECNL teams correct? Since the OW team apparently has such low quality...

Comment

Why? Staples and Ridgefield, two finalists in class LL for the past two years both had freshman and sophomores not only on varsity, but making significant contributions during the season. Somehow you are telling me that girls from the top of the ladder in us women’s soccer, gdap, can’t make thier hs varsity team as underclassman. Is it because Glastonbury hs is better than gdap or is it because gdap players aren’t better than hs players? Glastonbury hasn’t been to a final in two years, so it can’t be because Glastonbury has too much talent!

Comment

Thanks, that makes more sense. So then you obviously think that the OW GDA would get completely dominated by both CFC or FSA ECNL teams correct? Since the OW team apparently has such low quality...
                            The talent pool in CT isn’t deep. A U14 ECNL or GDA player that isn’t a complete stud wouldn’t be guaranteed to be a varsity player on a strong LL high school like Glastonbury. Many kids chose academy over suffering through a year of JV. Get good training and come back as a 10th grade impact player. Some high schools don’t play frost on varsity as well

Comment

If OW had to play CFC at 17 and 18 without combined age group rosters they would get shredded.

Its all hypothetical and BS. Both places accomplish what they need to for their players. If kids want to give up on HS sports, OW is a good option especially if you live close

Comment

The rec and JV argument is certainly an exaggeration, but the truth is they are losing quality players and replacing them with second tier players. That is a fact; this has had quite on the club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X