Colgate
    Providence
    UNH
    St. A's
    Wisconsin
    ...few more deciding shortly

Seacoast DAP
    Holy Cross

My point is that NH produces just as many players as MA proportionally, maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The current GPS 2000 boys team has produced a bunch of college players

GPS Boys
      Bates
      Wesleyan
      Bryant
      Colgate
      Providence
      UNH
      St. A's
      Wisconsin

Seacoast DAP
      Holy Cross

My point is that NH produces just as many players as MA proportionally, maybe more.
      To add to my post, I do not know the girls side, just boys.

Comment

GPS Boys
        Bates
        Wesleyan
        Bryant
        Colgate
        Providence
        UNH
        St. A's
        Wisconsin

Seacoast DAP
        Holy Cross

Spot on. I think that's what he's missing by comparing MA to NH and saying MA has more. No shlt. MA has like 5x the clubs and 10x the players. Of course they will have more. Proportionally, it's aligned and it trending up I think.

Comment

GPS Boys
          Bates
          Wesleyan
          Bryant
          Colgate
          Providence
          UNH
          St. A's
          Wisconsin

Seacoast DAP
          Holy Cross

I’m an advocate for NH players and we have some very good ones but no this is not true. Entire Stars ECNL teams with 90-95% players from MA go D1 (various amounts of money of course),

Comment

I’m an advocate for NH players and we have some very good ones but no this is not true. Entire Stars ECNL teams with 90-95% players from MA go D1 (various amounts of money of course),
            Not a single post you have ever said relates to you being "an advocate" for NH soccer. Rather, just a dumping ground.

Comment

Not a single post you have ever said relates to you being "an advocate" for NH soccer. Rather, just a dumping ground.
              Funny, a couple of my kids started out at Seacoast and I have many great friends still there. Just because we moved to Stars and the Bolts doesn’t mean we aren’t still NH supporters.

Comment

Funny, a couple of my kids started out at Seacoast and I have many great friends still there. Just because we moved to Stars and the Bolts doesn’t mean we aren’t still NH supporters.
                Again, once you make a complimentary post about anything regarding NH and the kids there, we can start anew.

Comment

Spot on. I think that's what he's missing by comparing MA to NH and saying MA has more. No shlt. MA has like 5x the clubs and 10x the players. Of course they will have more. Proportionally, it's aligned and it trending up I think.
                  You prove my point for me... proportional comparison does nothing for the fact that if we have the top 20 boys from NH clubs and the top 20 boys from MA clubs there is a difference in skill level and ability right now.

On the girls side the gap is even bigger. I'm not bashing NH kids or clubs - just pointing out that the idea that girls DA will result in a wealth of DI or DII talent (scholarship $$$) won't pan out.

Our girls compete well at NPL level and as a state we produce plenty of soccer talent at the DIII level with some DII and the occasional DI player.

As for the Rachel Hill and Morgan Andrews post - FYI neither played DA in MA (NH did not have DA at the time) - they played NPL soccer. That reinforces my point.

Comment

You prove my point for me... proportional comparison does nothing for the fact that if we have the top 20 boys from NH clubs and the top 20 boys from MA clubs there is a difference in skill level and ability right now.

On the girls side the gap is even bigger. I'm not bashing NH kids or clubs - just pointing out that the idea that girls DA will result in a wealth of DI or DII talent (scholarship $$$) won't pan out.

Our girls compete well at NPL level and as a state we produce plenty of soccer talent at the DIII level with some DII and the occasional DI player.

As for the Rachel Hill and Morgan Andrews post - FYI neither played DA in MA (NH did not have DA at the time) - they played NPL soccer. That reinforces my point.
                    Correct - at the DA meetings the words exposure, USNT Pool, and scholarships were all used by SUSC to lure parents and girls into the program.

As for Hill and Andrews - Gabby Brummett and the girl going to FSU this year all played NPL or NEP as well.

Comment

DA wasn’t available for girls anywhere for Hill and Andrews. They had to play State Cup and Region I. That was ok for them because that was the highest level offered at the time.

Comment

DA wasn’t available for girls anywhere for Hill and Andrews. They had to play State Cup and Region I. That was ok for them because that was the highest level offered at the time.
                        Great point. I honestly believe we can't validate any successes for failures for at least 4 years. Some who bought in now, won't stay. Others who didn't, will. Let the cycle run through and then we can compare notes.

Comment

Correct - at the DA meetings the words exposure, USNT Pool, and scholarships were all used by SUSC to lure parents and girls into the program.

As for Hill and Andrews - Gabby Brummett and the girl going to FSU this year all played NPL or NEP as well.
                          Andrews and Brummett played Stars ECNL

Comment

Yes, so were the words "enhanced training" and "US Soccer oversight" and "build a program to be a destination club".

Most ignored the USNT detail, but the scholarship carrot is out there with every program so that's also taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

Exactly. There are different leagues now than then. Top is best team in the best league possible. Whatever you think that is then go for it.

NH NPL is certainly not the top as it’s not even the top in NH any longer. All of those players played in MA even “back in the day”. NH, VT, and ME will always be lower in terms of competition and overall quality to MA because of sheer population.

Not saying great players can’t be born in NH but to continue to be great they need challenge and the best coaching to go along with work ethic and athleticism.

Comment

But their "competition" for major DI scholarships were playing girls DA... if you are that good - you are that good regardless of playing ECNL, NPL, etc...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X