Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cmon, man. It’s New Jersey. Enough said.
    And? New Haven doesn’t hold a candle to Princeton NJ

Comment

His kids are still young but at most universities children of (most) staffers get to attend for free or close to it. If it's a good school - obviously in this case - that's worth it's weight in gold,
      Most colleges have the benefit that staff (and families) attend that college for free and have a co-operative benefit to attend other schools (part of the overall co-operative benefit) for 80% tuition free. The attendees have to maintain at least a C average grade to be eligible for the benefit. So, even if child/spouse wants to attend a different school (some do because they don't want to be in shadow of parent), they get a sweet deal. Grad school is usually included as well. Pretty sweet deal.

Comment

150k in not much money in high cost of living state like CT.

Probably need a household income of double that to afford 65k a year private colleges, a mortgage etc.

PS Hedge fund guys don't get out bed for 500k
        BS, most hedge fund guys bring in around 300. Unless you are at the tip top.

Comment

Most colleges have the benefit that staff (and families) attend that college for free and have a co-operative benefit to attend other schools (part of the overall co-operative benefit) for 80% tuition free. The attendees have to maintain at least a C average grade to be eligible for the benefit. So, even if child/spouse wants to attend a different school (some do because they don't want to be in shadow of parent), they get a sweet deal. Grad school is usually included as well. Pretty sweet deal.
          It's a fantastic deal. A family friend works at a great school in MA and all their kids are/will go for nearly free. They're already mapping out their early retirement.

Comment

Only if you're a low level poor performer who doesn't get bonused. The CT Gold Coast is littered with those guys snatching up $3-$5M homes.

Comment

Th Secretary maybe.

Dude, I am a finance guy. Work in the industry. I am not anywhere near one of the highly compensated and I make 350k. You don’t have a very good understanding about the hedge fund industry.

Comment

Only if you're a low level poor performer who doesn't get bonused. The CT Gold Coast is littered with those guys snatching up $3-$5M homes.
                Of course, the Yale staff isn't but live comfortably in CT as well. That's what we are talking about; apples to apples. Many Wallstreeters live in NJ, PA and NY as well.

Comment

Th Secretary maybe.

Dude, I am a finance guy. Work in the industry. I am not anywhere near one of the highly compensated and I make 350k. You don’t have a very good understanding about the hedge fund industry.
                  Do you know Bobby Axelrod?

Comment

Do you know Bobby Axelrod?
                    Right town, wrong guy

Comment

Right town, wrong guy
                      Westport. Do you party with Wags

Comment

You guys have lost the plot. Let's stop talking about hedge fund jerk-offs and let's get back to trying to identify someone that will add value to society, the next head coach of the Yale women's soccer team.

Comment

You guys have lost the plot. Let's stop talking about hedge fund jerk-offs and let's get back to trying to identify someone that will add value to society, the next head coach of the Yale women's soccer team.
                          Lara Axelrod would be an awesome coach for Yale

Comment

Lara Axelrod would be an awesome coach for Yale
                            Not really my type, but I would hit that

Signed
                            Kareem hunt

Comment

Head Coach hired.

Comment

Head Coach hired.
                                Tell us. we know you're dying to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X