Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed to get a degree and play soccer UF, FSU, UCF all above and beyond. But as this forum is about soccer, when it comes to choosing between Tampa or near enough all D2 Florida teams, even Jacksonville and FIU D1 schools, you would choose Keiser. They have proven success and although they may beat FMU, Warner Webber etc, when they play D2 teams they win. They are always in and around the National Championship picture. Top NAIA teams would compete with D1 schools, maybe not the elite schools that you see every year in the tournament but 80% of them.
    That has to be the absolute worst advice to give a young person ever. Choose a college based upon soccer? College is about preparing people for a job and helping them advance their careers and lifelong earnings. Soccer is something to kill time in between studies. Keiser sets you up for huge debt and maybe a minimal technical skill. All for the low, low price of $56,000 per year.

Your priorities are 1000% in the wrong place.

Comment

That has to be the absolute worst advice to give a young person ever. Choose a college based upon soccer? College is about preparing people for a job and helping them advance their careers and lifelong earnings. Soccer is something to kill time in between studies. Keiser sets you up for huge debt and maybe a minimal technical skill. All for the low, low price of $56,000 per year.

Your priorities are 1000% in the wrong place.
      Soccer is used to get into a good college and ultimately get a degree. You use soccer to get in a better academic school than your grades would allow. That is what soccer is used for. Also to pay for education in come out with less debt or “0” debt.

Comment

Soccer is used to get into a good college and ultimately get a degree. You use soccer to get in a better academic school than your grades would allow. That is what soccer is used for. Also to pay for education in come out with less debt or “0” debt.
        Go out of state to play soccer, get a great education and a sweet financial aid package.

If your kid can hack the soccer and academics.

Comment

No, excellent grades are what gets you into a good college, even those that can play soccer.

We are not talking about D1 FBS Football. Women's soccer does not offer that kind of money, regardless of what your club coach is telling you.

Comment

Go out of state to play soccer, get a great education and a sweet financial aid package.

If your kid can hack the soccer and academics.
            If only it worked that way.

Comment

No, excellent grades are what gets you into a good college, even those that can play soccer.

We are not talking about D1 FBS Football. Women's soccer does not offer that kind of money, regardless of what your club coach is telling you.
              My daughter graduated from Penn. She would have never been accepted into that school if it were not for soccer. The financial aid sucked, but I have a great job so it was a non issue. FACTS!

Comment

My daughter graduated from Penn. She would have never been accepted into that school if it were not for soccer. The financial aid sucked, but I have a great job so it was a non issue. FACTS!
                So your daughter had bad grades and poor test scores, but playing soccer got her a waiver into an Ivy League?

Comment

So your daughter had bad grades and poor test scores, but playing soccer got her a waiver into an Ivy League?
                  Ivy League Schools are very competitive. Therefore you must be very smart to get in. Ivy league soccer coaches recruit high academic kids who they feel can help their program but also can handle the strong academics. Bottom line my kid is smart but I honestly feel that due to the competitive nature of Ivy's, she would not otherwise have been admitted. My kid is smarter than your and a better soccer player.

Comment

Ivy League Schools are very competitive. Therefore you must be very smart to get in. Ivy league soccer coaches recruit high academic kids who they feel can help their program but also can handle the strong academics. Bottom line my kid is smart but I honestly feel that due to the competitive nature of Ivy's, she would not otherwise have been admitted. My kid is smarter than your and a better soccer player.
                    Your daughter must be so proud to have a father that not only does not believe in her abilities, but also then tries to use her accomplishments to brag and be condescending. It takes a special kind of azzhole to hit that mark. Well done!

Comment

Is UM’s Women’s Soccer ID Clinic scheduled in late July officially canceled? I can’t seem to get any confirmation. Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

If only it worked that way.
                        Definitely does
                        There is a school for everyone
                        Need to be realistic on players abilities and balancing with academics
                        And working the numbers $$$
                        Those are the schools to visit there is $$ for soccer

Comment

Your daughter must be so proud to have a father that not only does not believe in her abilities, but also then tries to use her accomplishments to brag and be condescending. It takes a special kind of azzhole to hit that mark. Well done!
                          It was my investment of dollars and time and her investment of blood, sweat, tears and time. If I did not believe in her I would not have seen it through till the end. The value we recieved due to her soccer skills was attending private HS due to her soccer and an Ivy League Education at not nearly the cost as the average students. She graduated with a career about to begin and I am very excited about my ROI. You on the other hand are a loser and hopefully your kid does not take after you.

Comment

Stop fvcking panicking, Karen!
                            Can I Hit "Like" on this post! :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X