Chances of high school season happening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe we are even talking about Covid and Social Distancing. that is so last week.

If you are not showing your support for the disenfranchised black community, and replacing your icon with black, you are not american.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I can't believe we are even talking about Covid and Social Distancing. that is so last week.

If you are not showing your support for the disenfranchised black community, and replacing your icon with black, you are not american.
      The fact that you are being sarcastic about racism and police brutality is incredibly sad. You are a despicable human being.

Comment

It’s amazing how quickly the importance of social distancing ended.

Comment

**. people who scream and rant about we need to reopen we don't need your comments. No one WANTS this to be happening or to continue. We are simply discussing what the worst case scenario could look like. I hope this is a distant memory by Fall but its best to mentally prepare.
          Fall- Schools will reopen.
          Fall- Sports will reopen.
          Chill out. Fall will be great.
          Winter we will be cautious.
          Spring we will have a vaccine.
          Stop trying to spread fear. It’s worse than spreading COVID.
          Stop your drama! your poor kids will be afraid of everything.

Comment

Nothing can be done until a vaccine is available.These half ass attempts are pathetic let people make choices for themselves.

Comment

Nothing can be done until a vaccine is available.These half ass attempts are pathetic let people make choices for themselves.
              except that

1) coronaviruses are very difficult to master
              2) viruses mutate often so a vax developed today might not work a few months from now
              3) it may not offer long term protection
              4) the length of time to full scale distribution is so far away, even if they found one tomorrow

We may end up with something like the flu vaccine that has to keep being updated. If it's not very effective then even fewer people will get it. Perhaps it mutates to a less severe strain and the risks go down. Doctors have learned a great deal about more effective treatments. Also, multiple anti viral treaments are still being tested. If they can find something like Tamiflu - get it as soon as you test positive to reduce the severity of symptoms - it would be a game changer. They'll probably nail that long before a vaccine

Comment

There will be no fall sports. Schools will need the money for PPE, safety accommodations and drastically altered bus scheduling.

Comment

Fall- Schools will reopen.
                  Fall- Sports will reopen.
                  Chill out. Fall will be great.
                  Winter we will be cautious.
                  Spring we will have a vaccine.
                  Stop trying to spread fear. It’s worse than spreading COVID.
                  Stop your drama! your poor kids will be afraid of everything.
                  They are having summer camps now so that is a good sign.

Comment

bs

I am calling BS here. Even with camps they are not real camps....they will be reduced numbers and wont be able to share or play like they would usually. Its a money grab only IMO.

They are having summer camps now so that is a good sign.

Comment

All the kids need to do is call every high school activity a protest. Season on!

Comment

All the kids need to do is call every high school activity a protest. Season on!
                        I protested attendance as a senior, and it didn't work then, either.

Comment

The fact that you are being sarcastic about racism and police brutality is incredibly sad. You are a despicable human being.
                          How was i being sarcastic? I am entirely serious. We have found a more important cause. One that trumps social distancing. If you don't actively express yourself as an ally to the black community, you are at minimum complicit, and potentially an enemy. The fact that you took my very serious statement as sarcastic shows where your heart really lies.

Comment

There isn't one to be made.
                            62% of all deaths in MA are from LTC facilities
                            Avg age of hospitalizations is 68, Avg Age of Deaths is 82
                            Deaths with underlying conditions 98.3%

COVID is not impacting HS students.
                            Total Hospitalization for HS aged children = 5; Total Deaths = 0

Justification for cancelling school can not be substantiated
                            Last time i checked the teachers, coaches, administrators, etc aren’t high school age. It’s not just about the students. If the teachers union says they won’t teach them no school.

Comment

Teachers need to retire then.Its about the kids not them remember.

Comment

It’s amazing how quickly the importance of social distancing ended.
                                Agreed. What happened to the Covid numbers? Has there been one news report about the thousands of protesters not social distancing or any interest in Covid anymore? ! Especially CNN who discussed it nonstop last 3 months.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X