Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYSA - FSPL Showcase ripoff

This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This weekend there were multiple games where there were NO AR or Linesmen. Parents had to step in and run the line. This of course added to the lack of quality of the games officiating
    FYSA is falling apart

Comment

Lack of refs

It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.

Comment

It's been said for a long time, we are losing refs because of idiot parents and coaches. You're seeing it no. And seeing you are all knowing about the quality of officiating when are you signing up for a ref course? You can be part of the solution.
        We were getting emails in orlando to come down and help out. Disney was short as well. Soon there will be shortages in the league games

Comment

I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach

Comment

My point

I think the original poster point is that parents working the lines can not be quality since the parents do not have a referee course certificate , its below par. As far as your comment of " idiot parents and coaches" it appears to me that I have seen many referees take the " almighty" attitude and " I am never wrong" approach
            And you are part of the problem

Comment

With game having meaning of league winner on the line, FYSA should have pulled AR's from the meaningless game.

Comment

Yeah, OK. Because each and every ref is of such high quality. I especially like Anthony, recently retired from Brooklyn, who saw an ad for ref training at his retirement rec center. Lifelong lover of the game that brings his expertise to the sidelines. He is way more qualified than parents that have played or even watched more than a single video of a game. SMFH.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous and frankly embarrasing for there to be games with only 2 officials.

Worse even is having an AR that can't keep up with the players. We had a goal allowed against us because the AR could not physically run with the players to get to see if a player was offsides.

Still another game, must have been a u17 boys game being played behind us, the AR couldnt have been more than 12/13 years old.

Comment

How do you trust an organization that was forced to drop insurance on a hazing rape because they protected a club with several claims under same issue.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous and frankly embarrasing for there to be games with only 2 officials.

Worse even is having an AR that can't keep up with the players. We had a goal allowed against us because the AR could not physically run with the players to get to see if a player was offsides.

Still another game, must have been a u17 boys game being played behind us, the AR couldnt have been more than 12/13 years old.
                      Youth soccer does not have enough ref's. It might be ridiculous and embarrassing but what is your solution?

Comment

The 12/13 year olds are some of the better ones we have had this year, the kids in this generation that are reffing are usually kids that grew up on the game, and thus understand it a little more than the retired guy that wants to get outta the house and make a couple of bucks but has never really watched a game. Unfortunately the lunatic parents can usually scare kids that young into making questionable calls.

The refs and parents are both equally awful. Parents are psycho and the refs are a mixed bag of under-qualified.

Comment

Solution

The 12/13 year olds are some of the better ones we have had this year, the kids in this generation that are reffing are usually kids that grew up on the game, and thus understand it a little more than the retired guy that wants to get outta the house and make a couple of bucks but has never really watched a game. Unfortunately the lunatic parents can usually scare kids that young into making questionable calls.

The refs and parents are both equally awful. Parents are psycho and the refs are a mixed bag of under-qualified.
                          Here's the big difference. We can have soccer games without parents. Not without refs.
                          For everyone whining about refs....here you go....become part of the solutions

http://flsrc.org/register/become-a-referee/

Comment

Here's the big difference. We can have soccer games without parents. Not without refs.

"become part of the solution" guy.... do you really want most of "them" to officiate games? LOL

I understand the shortage and the fact that most people don't want to do it (I wouldn't want to, especially with nutcase floridaman parents at seemingly EVERY game.

That being said I have seen some really atrocious officiating issues this year. Missing at least one AR several times, older guys that cant physically keep up with the game, and two separate instances of an AR showing up noticeably drunk to a game (one was sent home, the other actually did a decent job). I try not to whine too much about just regular "bad" officiating, but this year has felt different, and yes I know it's likely a symptom of always being shorthanded, but between lack of understanding, open bias, and intoxated/absent officials I feel like we are really pushing a safety line with kids.

So I guess my question to you here is what can realistically be done to get a few more people doing this because pretentiously telling everyone where to sign up every time they knock a ref... probably not gonna work. I mean I would be fine with coughing up a few extra bucks for a better experience in this department, just kinda doubt that would help.

Comment

You can't have soccer without parents, not in this country, especially not in Florida!

Parents have wallets and checkbooks, that's what youth soccer is about!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X