Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

My child does not drive each way 45 minutes 3 nights a week. My chld does not drive 45 minutes to 2 hours for one weekend game. Lets see my child does not pay for anything. Oh wait . My child does not pay for the new $200 cleats My child does not pay for the new soccer uniform, ,My child does not do the research to find the club. My child does not book the hotels or plane flights. My child does not buy the gas for each trip to Maryland, New Jersey , Virginia . We as a family do it all together. It is our journey together, On the road all the time. Spending time together Our journey 10 1/2 months a year. We love it. WE are a team. Sorry you don't get it. Yes my child plays on the field but not with "OUR" support. You probably don't have the same set up as us.
    Spending $200 on cleats is crazy.

Comment

Spending $200 on cleats is crazy.
      I know, right? The good cleats cost at least $250.

Comment

I know, right? The good cleats cost at least $250.
        True no way around it.

Comment

What is the average cost of a season here?

Comment

If you have to ask you can't afford it. Someone has to pay for Tinos brand new Audi every season.

Comment

Depends on the age group. The older you get the more it costs. Real money is spent on hotels and flights and trips in general.

Comment

If you have to ask you can't afford it. Someone has to pay for Tinos brand new Audi every season.
                At least PF will do what you paying for, a clear path to the college level soccer, you in other hand are paying a few hundred less to your club for nothing.

Comment

If your kid plays on a good team, chances are your kid will play at least one tournament a year in Europe. If mom and dad accompany the kid, that alone will be close to $10,000.

Comment

At least PF will do what you paying for, a clear path to the college level soccer, you in other hand are paying a few hundred less to your club for nothing.
                    Ask some of those 04s/05s how that worked out for them

Comment

If your kid plays on a good team, chances are your kid will play at least one tournament a year in Europe. If mom and dad accompany the kid, that alone will be close to $10,000.
                      No Pa or Nj teams go to Europe. Never heard of it

Comment

Better than 99.9% of the ones that paid a few hundred bucks less and had no even a slight chance to continue to play on them college level.

Comment

were the unhappy 04s/05s that have graduated? Did they feel PF was not worth it?

Comment

As per PF alumni website:
                            05s- 26 players (19 ECNL and 7 ECRL) are continuing to play in college, 14 division 1 and 12 division 2 and 3.
                            Schools: Penn State, Villanova, Penn, St. Joseph, William and Mary, Delaware, Pitt, NYU, Gettysburg, Rochester, MIT….I would say it worked well for 05s
                            Just for a sakes of argument, can you please post your daughter’s club’s 05s commitments. I am assuming the club fees were similar.

Comment

club fees for top team are $4k, but travel is the real killer as ECNL playoffs in San Diego are setting us back $4k alone. 7 nights hotel at $330 plus two flights at $500 each and then food and other stuff out there.

Comment

As per PF alumni website:
                                05s- 26 players (19 ECNL and 7 ECRL) are continuing to play in college, 14 division 1 and 12 division 2 and 3.
                                Schools: Penn State, Villanova, Penn, St. Joseph, William and Mary, Delaware, Pitt, NYU, Gettysburg, Rochester, MIT….I would say it worked well for 05s
                                Just for a sakes of argument, can you please post your daughter’s club’s 05s commitments. I am assuming the club fees were similar.
                                Have no dog in this fight, but lets look at the numbers. Out of 40 2023s on NL and RL, 26 will play on? Would love to know what Delco does or Bucks compared to that. I'd say that's pretty good for PF I guess and there are some impressive schools. Not all NL kids are even playing college are they? Many RL are definitely not. Parents gamble some win, some lose. Some could have probably banked that 20K/year spent on soccer, travel, extra training and everything else to help pay for college. Probably could have had a better time playing for LM or Europa or somewhere else and would pay a lot less. We got out of that big club racket a while ago, played local and had a lot of fun with a good group of players and people. It's not for everyone what we did, but was better for us. I think some of the NL and RL kids could have had a better experience doing that if the end result was D2, D3, or not playing. We are just a local team and many girls are playing D3 or higher next year (some even D1). Not all, but some. My D is off to D3 after graduation this year and we are very happy with it. I am just happy we stopped chasing the bigger things when we did. It just was not a gamble worth taking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X