Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Kokkoris v. Kozy Ikwuazom (White Privilege v. Systematic Racism)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an outside observer, I do not understand how we have basically two identical situations with two very different results. What makes it even more perplexing is given the heightened racial awareness that is currently engulfing our society. In its simplest form, we have a black man who people want chased off the Long Island soccer landscape and sanctions against any club that does business with him. On the other side, we have a white man who did the exact same thing and little to nothing is being done to him or the club that he moved players to.

Both built their brand by training at a local town club.
    Both ran select teams that recruited exclusively from their town club.
    Both had sweet field deals and low affiliation costs.
    Both pulled the teams they coached when there was more money to be had elsewhere.
    Both have questionable pasts within the soccer community.

One is white – One is black.

One gets a slap on the wrist – One is dragged through the streets.

Where is the equality folks?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As an outside observer, I do not understand how we have basically two identical situations with two very different results. What makes it even more perplexing is given the heightened racial awareness that is currently engulfing our society. In its simplest form, we have a black man who people want chased off the Long Island soccer landscape and sanctions against any club that does business with him. On the other side, we have a white man who did the exact same thing and little to nothing is being done to him or the club that he moved players to.

Both pulled the teams they coached when there was more money to be had elsewhere.

Nobody has really posted the details on John's actions. For example, how many teams, how many players, were all the parents on board or did they find out of they registered and so on. Do you have the details?

Comment

They aren't the same situations.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there just one orange machine team (boys U10)? How does that compare to Kozy being the DOC of Dix Hills and trying to take 19 teams and hundreds of players?

Comment

I believe it is multiple teams being taken from FS but not at the same scale as Kozy. We need to hear from East Coast. They knew what was going on and gave JK the avenue to proceed. No bueno.

Either way, regardless of how many players that are affected it’s still messed up on JK’s part. I also have to say reluctantly that the double standard is glaring.

They aren't the same situations.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there just one orange machine team (boys U10)? How does that compare to Kozy being the DOC of Dix Hills and trying to take 19 teams and hundreds of players?

Comment

I believe it is multiple teams being taken from FS but not at the same scale as Kozy. We need to hear from East Coast. They knew what was going on and gave JK the avenue to proceed. No bueno.

Either way, regardless of how many players that are affected it’s still messed up on JK’s part. I also have to say reluctantly that the double standard is glaring.
          Teams leave clubs. It sucks but it happens and is expected. The outrage with Kozy is not only the scale, 19 teams and almost 250 players, but he did this while he was the hired DoC of the Dix Hills Soccer Club. Furthermore, he had parents sign up and pay for next years UST training fees while the parents were under the impression that this was all being done as part of the Dix Hills Soccer Club.

I'm not going to say what John did was right, but it isn't even close to the same thing that Kozy tried pulling off. This has nothing to do with race.

Comment

Teams leave clubs. It sucks but it happens and is expected. The outrage with Kozy is not only the scale, 19 teams and almost 250 players, but he did this while he was the hired DoC of the Dix Hills Soccer Club. Furthermore, he had parents sign up and pay for next years UST training fees while the parents were under the impression that this was all being done as part of the Dix Hills Soccer Club.

I'm not going to say what John did was right, but it isn't even close to the same thing that Kozy tried pulling off. This has nothing to do with race.
            The whole race card is reactionary IMO. Does anyone posting even know the makeup of FS Orange Machine teams compared to Kozy's former DH teams? Probably not. I've seen both at the 2010 level (ridiculous the uproar at that age but that's another story) and OM is a very diverse, Hispanic leaning group while Kozy's were predominantly white.

The other aspect is we know Kozy's treatment of players and the fact he tried lifting 19 teams and 242 kids in the dark of night from DH. John K, albeit with a not so great rep, is rumored to have taken some variation of players to EC? What's the reason for it and the scope? Again none of us know at the moment.....to be continued.

Comment

The whole race card is reactionary IMO. Does anyone posting even know the makeup of FS Orange Machine teams compared to Kozy's former DH teams? Probably not. I've seen both at the 2010 level (ridiculous the uproar at that age but that's another story) and OM is a very diverse, Hispanic leaning group while Kozy's were predominantly white.

The other aspect is we know Kozy's treatment of players and the fact he tried lifting 19 teams and 242 kids in the dark of night from DH. John K, albeit with a not so great rep, is rumored to have taken some variation of players to EC? What's the reason for it and the scope? Again none of us know at the moment.....to be continued.
              This site is officially jumped the shark

Comment

I don’t think you understand, it’s not the racial makeup of the players involved. It’s how each Coach is being treated differently for doing basically the same thing. Kokkoris gets a pass for being a blanquito while the Moreno gets ran out of town.

Comment

I don’t think you understand, it’s not the racial makeup of the players involved. It’s how each Coach is being treated differently for doing basically the same thing. Kokkoris gets a pass for being a blanquito while the Moreno gets ran out of town.
                  where is the racism?

Was Larry Miller racist when he was bashing kozy on a public forum everyday?
                  Is Larry no longer racist because he is no longer "kozy bashing" and promoting his camps/clinics?

What I'm understanding is this. Liberals AZZHOLES like yourself are pulling this race card BULLSH_T and creating issues where there is none!!!!!

Comment

where is the racism?

Was Larry Miller racist when he was bashing kozy on a public forum everyday?
                    Is Larry no longer racist because he is no longer "kozy bashing" and promoting his camps/clinics?

What I'm understanding is this. Liberals AZZHOLES like yourself are pulling this race card BULLSH_T and creating issues where there is none!!!!!
                    This thread is officially screwed if Larry Miller is the morality metric.
                    Jojo

Comment

Putting aside team makeup, both guys do not have a great rep. I think Kozy's track record is the worse of the two based on how yells at kids and how many players/teams he tried to move out of DH. I'm curious to see at what level JK is moving players out before jumping the gun.

Comment

This thread is officially screwed if Larry Miller is the morality metric.
                        Jojo
                        Jojo get off your knees.

Comment

They didn't do the same thing. They did similar things, but there were many differences between the two. No one is saying that Kokkoris did a good thing, but taking a couple of teams that you train to a different club is far different than the DOC of a club actively working behind the scenes to steal 19 teams and almost 250 players while committing fraud to the tune of a half million dollars.

Comment

Putting aside team makeup, both guys do not have a great rep. I think Kozy's track record is the worse of the two based on how yells at kids and how many players/teams he tried to move out of DH. I'm curious to see at what level JK is moving players out before jumping the gun.
                            that is total BS. Kozy was getting bashed repeatedly by Larry miller for i think maybe a couple years!
                            If it was not for Larry Miller spreading this hate. Most people will not have ever heard of Kozy.

Take Larry out of the equation than your entire BS thread evens out. Hence, no racism. Just an -sshole named larry and perhaps two soccer coaches with questionable business ethics.

END OF STORY AND HOPEFULLY THE END OF THIS THREAD.

Comment

Ok, no problem let’s leave Kozy out of it and start a new thread.

John Kokkoris f*cks over Franklin Square Soccer Club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X