Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchfit guesting policy - official (please read)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's summer. Players are free to do as they please .... Not to mention the sizable tax free donation all of these clubs were just given this past spring. F#ck them. Offer more and better training for the amounts they charge to stop players from needing more training from outside places.
    Have you ever thought that maybe it’s not the training, the coaching, the club, the team that maybe your daughter is not as good as you think she is or should be in your eyes? How many parents say the same thing that “for what I pay in fees she should be getting better training and better coaching”. The expectation level of parents is way too high. The vast majority of players have a certain level of achievement and coaching will not let them exceed that threshold. You can’t teach athleticism, speed and quickness. Either you have it or not. Those are the players that stand out. Good coaches can make those players even better with technical skills development. Parents who blame others are just looking for excuses.

Comment

Dear MFA,

Save us the ECNL players are too good for everyone else bs. If that were the case HS wouldn't be allowed either. This policy is for your own good not the players.

Bottom line is that you need my daughter and her teammates/friends more than they need you at this stage.
      My kid is going to play where and with whomever she wants as long as it doesn't interfere with her MF commitments and you aren't going to do a thing about it. God, I hate this club!

See you early Nov you jackgrabbers!

Comment

Dear MFA,

Save us the ECNL players are too good for everyone else bs. If that were the case HS wouldn't be allowed either. This policy is for your own good not the players.

Bottom line is that you need my daughter and her teammates/friends more than they need you at this stage.
        My kid is going to play where and with whomever she wants as long as it doesn't interfere with her MF commitments and you aren't going to do a thing about it. God, I hate this club!

See you early Nov you jackgrabbers!
        This is spot on. Just ignore crap like this and shame on them for even trying. They need you more than you need them. All the parents need to united declare they’re going to do whatever the hell they want and Jordan and Dom can deal with it or lose their teams.

Comment

This is spot on. Just ignore crap like this and shame on them for even trying. They need you more than you need them. All the parents need to united declare they’re going to do whatever the hell they want and Jordan and Dom can deal with it or lose their teams.
          I have been in this soccer landscape long enough to say that all these anonymous big shots wouldn’t be taking this stance if there kid was playing at PDA. That I can say with certainty. PDA does not need to tolerate parents/players who have this attitude. Before they join the club they know exactly what is tolerated and PDA parents are demanding and tough but they know not to cross that line. If you feel that you do not need MF or need to follow their rules then leave. It’s that simple. Since you say you do not need them at this point, just leave.

Comment

Where is your kid playing this weekend?
            Not with NJ Fire against girls that have two left feet, zero athletic ability and just there to have a play date.

Comment

What did MFA have going on that weekend for those girls? What did the girls miss (besides playing together against another team)? Crickets! After such a long layover, tell MFA to stick it up their sorry arses .... Cry me a river crooks.
              Nothing you just said clears NJ Fire on how they handled everything. Just bad.

Comment

Strange

Not with NJ Fire against girls that have two left feet, zero athletic ability and just there to have a play date.
                I hope you dont even have kids. What adult would denigrate 13-14 yo kids like you just did should be neutered.

Comment

I have been in this soccer landscape long enough to say that all these anonymous big shots wouldn’t be taking this stance if there kid was playing at PDA. That I can say with certainty. PDA does not need to tolerate parents/players who have this attitude. Before they join the club they know exactly what is tolerated and PDA parents are demanding and tough but they know not to cross that line. If you feel that you do not need MF or need to follow their rules then leave. It’s that simple. Since you say you do not need them at this point, just leave.
                  And that’s why players left MF to play at PDA. MF not worth the headache.

Comment

In this area, all top talent goes to either World Class or PDA if they want to play in ECNL. Those who can’t make those two clubs tryout at Matchfit - but there really is no point (especially when you the emails that those two clowns at MF send out). Plenty of EDP players are at the same level as MF players..

Comment

These clubs have no shame. They will put 20-22 kids on a roster and then have the audacity to tell the kids they can’t even guest play elsewhere. So basically the entire experience becomes training and sitting bench for a lot of players. It’s pathetic.

Comment

These clubs have no shame. They will put 20-22 kids on a roster and then have the audacity to tell the kids they can’t even guest play elsewhere. So basically the entire experience becomes training and sitting bench for a lot of players. It’s pathetic.
                        Beyond pathetic as it’s a pure business with no regard for the kids playing and enjoying the game. The likes of PDA and MF are the worst at this punishing kids for just wanting to play the game and having fun.

Comment

Because almighty PDA doesn't roster 20+ and tell only certain players they can't play HS or or another club as a guest.

Comment

The problem is too often parents feel they’re at the mercy of these clubs and they have to follow their stupid rules. That’s ass backwards and it’s the other way around. The club needs you more than you need them. If you stand united with the other parents and declare that you’re going to do whatever the hell you want, they’ll back off. Empower yourselves and recognize that they don’t own your kids or have the ability to actually tell you where you can and cannot play. They can send out emails and reprimands all day but if your entire team ignores it together, there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it. They’re not losing an entire roster over it and will compromise.

I’ve also been around the youth soccer environment long enough where I’ve seen many instances of this at top clubs and anybody that tells you otherwise is a coach or DOC that wants you to keep toeing the line. If the entire team puts their foot down on it, the club will have no choice but to look the other way.

The obstacle to this of course is when there is inter-team hate and parents are sneaking around and snitching on each other.

Comment

Because almighty PDA doesn't roster 20+ and tell only certain players they can't play HS or or another club as a guest.
                              Umm. All the PDA rosters are 19 players at the start of the season, and 24 at the end.

Remember that ECNL encourages clubs to load up to 30 players before end of season.

Comment

If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit.

Sincerely,

OJ Simpson

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X