Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of state tournaments - are you quarantining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of state tournaments - are you quarantining?

If your team is planning on going out of state for a tournament to one of the states listed on the NJ health department website, are you planning on quarantining when you get back? There's a bunch of labor day tournaments, not to mention the revised Jeff Cup. Are any NJ teams planning on going out of state the now?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your team is planning on going out of state for a tournament to one of the states listed on the NJ health department website, are you planning on quarantining when you get back? There's a bunch of labor day tournaments, not to mention the revised Jeff Cup. Are any NJ teams planning on going out of state the now?
    That would be against CDC guidance. I hope these tournaments don't allow that. Playing local teams is be one thing a Jeff cup with teams from different parts of the country would be risky.

Comment

Last I saw no NJ teams were in the revised Jeff Cup. Spirit Cup should be interesting though. What are the rules about contact with people from states you have to quarantine for?

Comment

Last I saw no NJ teams were in the revised Jeff Cup. Spirit Cup should be interesting though. What are the rules about contact with people from states you have to quarantine for?
        Looks like a few NJ teams at Jeff Cup. A side note - what would winning a Jeff Cup or similar tournament even mean right now? 3/4 or more of the original teams won't even be at these tournaments, so winning seems like nothing to be proud of.

I wouldn't want to sit on the same sideline as people from another state at Spirit. Not sure if the rules, but I'd be concerned if my kid was playing against a team from a state with high covid transmission rates.

Comment

Has anyone received a season itinerary from their club yet? I don't think Spirit Kickoff will be much of an issue (aside from the DE teams) but has any team applied for WAGS or Bethesda yet?

Comment

Has anyone received a season itinerary from their club yet? I don't think Spirit Kickoff will be much of an issue (aside from the DE teams) but has any team applied for WAGS or Bethesda yet?
            Looks like there are already NJ teams registered for WAGS (https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...&eventid=77211).

I've only heard of a few teams with an itinerary so far, and they've been all local EDP stuff only.

Comment

Quarantine is not mandatory but compliance is expected per the state document...risk at your own peril I guess.

With School likely not coming back into session, we might be in Quarantine anyway with the exception of soccer practice.

Comment

Looks like a few NJ teams at Jeff Cup. A side note - what would winning a Jeff Cup or similar tournament even mean right now? 3/4 or more of the original teams won't even be at these tournaments, so winning seems like nothing to be proud of.

I wouldn't want to sit on the same sideline as people from another state at Spirit. Not sure if the rules, but I'd be concerned if my kid was playing against a team from a state with high covid transmission rates.
                I see only CSA and MF 09....Says a lot about those clubs/teams

Comment

I see only CSA and MF 09....Says a lot about those clubs/teams
                  I their defense they entered before quarantine was put in place

Comment

I their defense they entered before quarantine was put in place
                    That isn't a defense as SJEB had teams that were registered as well and now not going.

Comment

That isn't a defense as SJEB had teams that were registered as well and now not going.
                      They may not be going either, shouldn’t make assumptions, lots of teams in EDP tournament on list but don’t show up

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X