Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Give it a rest dude. Not OP, definitely not scared of this collaboration and not putting it down either but it does look like the club is promoting someone who is still on a college staff. Yes, I've prepared a resume for myself and past experiences are usually worded in the past tense, this isn't and I can't imagine OP and I are the only people who read it that way. I do have to say reading these threads, this club/collaboration does go spastic defensive at the slightest little thing-word to the wise, if you can't handle a little criticism-don't post/promote on anonymous chat boards.
    Not the OP either, but here's why question, what is there to criticize? All that's happened is an announcement. All these town teams need to do something because the soccer landscape has changed. The days of Smithtown, Sachem, Massapequa, and whatever other strong town clubs once existed are gone so these 4 needed to do something to try and stay relevant, why is that a bad thing? Or should all the clubs just fold and have everyone go to SUSA? Last I checked, competition is a good thing and monopolies are not.

Comment

Not the OP either, but here's why question, what is there to criticize? All that's happened is an announcement. All these town teams need to do something because the soccer landscape has changed. The days of Smithtown, Sachem, Massapequa, and whatever other strong town clubs once existed are gone so these 4 needed to do something to try and stay relevant, why is that a bad thing? Or should all the clubs just fold and have everyone go to SUSA? Last I checked, competition is a good thing and monopolies are not.
      Completely agree and again, never said the collaboration was a bad thing. Just agreeing with another poster that there are certain things on their website that are a bit misleading. No need for the Slammer faithful to go into a tail spin.

Comment

Hey is this the same team as the Slammers tryouts this week? I am confused.

Comment

Completely agree and again, never said the collaboration was a bad thing. Just agreeing with another poster that there are certain things on their website that are a bit misleading. No need for the Slammer faithful to go into a tail spin.
          It’s just SUSA parents creating problems. Smithtown people don’t come on this site.

Comment

Smithtown Slammers G07 Fury

It’s just SUSA parents creating problems. Smithtown people don’t come on this site.
            so why did you make the post? (your obviously a smithtown parent).

Comment

so why did you make the post? (your obviously a smithtown parent).
              You're an idiot, ever heard of sarcasm? That was a SUSA parent

Comment

I am guessing the being apart of the Slammers didn't help last weekend. 1st game of the EDP season and got embarrassed 8-0 against SUSA Blue.

They should have stayed in LIJSL

Comment

I think it was vs NY Surf, which has a very good team so although 8-0 isn't a good start- maybe give them a couple games no?

Comment

I think it was vs NY Surf, which has a very good team so although 8-0 isn't a good start- maybe give them a couple games no?
                    No worries, I heard the LI Slammers technical director Walid Khoury was dropping everything and flying cross country from Cali to help refine their training regimen.

Comment

No worries, I heard the LI Slammers technical director Walid Khoury was dropping everything and flying cross country from Cali to help refine their training regimen.
                      The words lipstick and pig spring to mind.

Comment

The words lipstick and pig spring to mind.
                        No, not really. The club has literally existed for one month, and unfortunately, because of covid, they didn't even announce their existence until after all other clubs already had their tryouts and girls were committed elsewhere. If, in two years the club sucks, bash away but you clearly just have an axe to grind.

Comment

No, not really. The club has literally existed for one month, and unfortunately, because of covid, they didn't even announce their existence until after all other clubs already had their tryouts and girls were committed elsewhere. If, in two years the club sucks, bash away but you clearly just have an axe to grind.
                          The club did not just exist. Smithtown was Smithtown Slammers for a year, they just incorporated two other towns into that group. They had plenty of time to train them up into the "Slammers Way". The did attempt to make Slammer super teams by combining top players from each of the towns, but that fizzled due to covid.
                          I think when they are no longer town teams but just Slammers you might see something, but now there are too many daddy coach/managers with their nepotism and kids friends impacting the way teams are.

Comment

The club did not just exist. Smithtown was Smithtown Slammers for a year, they just incorporated two other towns into that group. They had plenty of time to train them up into the "Slammers Way". The did attempt to make Slammer super teams by combining top players from each of the towns, but that fizzled due to covid.
                            I think when they are no longer town teams but just Slammers you might see something, but now there are too many daddy coach/managers with their nepotism and kids friends impacting the way teams are.
                            Either we are talking about two different things or you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about long island Slammers, not Smithtown Slammers. Smithtown Slammers is literally the old Smithtown Kickers teams, just a new name. The Long Island Slammers is a brand new club which is meant to bring together the top players from each of 4 clubs and compete at a higher level. This is what I was referring to as having just started a month ago.

Comment

Either we are talking about two different things or you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about long island Slammers, not Smithtown Slammers. Smithtown Slammers is literally the old Smithtown Kickers teams, just a new name. The Long Island Slammers is a brand new club which is meant to bring together the top players from each of 4 clubs and compete at a higher level. This is what I was referring to as having just started a month ago.
                              Um, if you have to pull players from 4 different clubs just to field a decent team in EDP, that's pretty much the highest level you'll reach

Comment

Um, if you have to pull players from 4 different clubs just to field a decent team in EDP, that's pretty much the highest level you'll reach
                                hence why they got crushed 8-0. They have illusions of grandeur.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X