Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NJ Fire/ NJ Blaze - What's the difference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here are the issues:

- Don't sell to other parents these kids are yours. They are on loan and not part of the club.
    - Don't put elite players in D level tourneys and market your club winning.
    - Just tell the truth when selling to new parents. They don't know your club is lower level when seeing loaned players crush it for NJ fire.
    Correct!! This says it all. There is really no reason to continue this thread.

Comment

NJ fire tries to borrow as many talented kids from ECNL clubs when they are not playing Ecnl, puts a Fire Jersey on them and then tries to use them to get other girls before they go back to their clubs for real training.
      NJ fire even brings down CT players to play for them

Comment

I'm hoping my kid makes the NJ Fire Los Angeles team.

Comment

Here are the issues:

- Don't sell to other parents these kids are yours. They are on loan and not part of the club.
          - Don't put elite players in D level tourneys and market your club winning.
          - Just tell the truth when selling to new parents. They don't know your club is lower level when seeing loaned players crush it for NJ fire.
          Agree. Yes NJ Fire this is the issue. Own it and fix it. It’s not class act club until you do.

Comment

Agree. Yes NJ Fire this is the issue. Own it and fix it. It’s not class act club until you do.
            There are lots of clubs players playing for NJ Fire....they come from PSA, CSA, PDA you name it!

Comment

There are lots of clubs players playing for NJ Fire....they come from PSA, CSA, PDA you name it!
              Yes because it started as a good way for very good player to get extra time together and not about trying to falsely promote a lower level club that no of those players have anything to do with for a financial gain.

Comment

Yes because it started as a good way for very good player to get extra time together and not about trying to falsely promote a lower level club that no of those players have anything to do with for a financial gain.

None of the issue with NJ Fire has to do with the kids. Most on here get that. I wouldn't think a 13 or 14 year old girldoesn't understand the marketing scheme thats happening. The kids just want to play

Comment

So true a lot of the kids confirm that the training and level of play is better than existing clubs including the likes of PDA etc. tells you all you need to know about what’s wrong with youth soccer.

Comment

For sake of conversation and all that I read, it seems that you are upset with them "MARKETING" themselves. That is crazy if you ask me because I believe all clubs use some form of MARKETING. Remember back in the day DTS use to do the same things. Remember they use to be the cream of the crop during the summer months. Now this is some 10 years or more I am talking about. They did the same thing all summer and winter long. Kids would flock to them over the summer and winter to play on their select teams and what did DTS do........MARKET themselves as the best teams around. Nothing is wrong with that in my opinion because those kids at the time PLAY for them. Same here for NJFIRE. Nothing wrong in what they are doing and trust me I have no dog in the fight and nor do I want one in this fight. I said it before that after looking up this team that I do know one of the guys involved and he is a pretty cool dude if you ask me. Now is this business for him....sure it is but nothing is wrong with that either. The fact that people are all up in arms because they won a tournament is beyond me because you play who you play or who signs up. Who cares what leagues the kids come from. If you ask certain people they will tell you that the ECNL is not a great league and the best players don't come from that league. So the fact that this team has several if not all girls that play for in those leagues with other teams means nothing in my opinion. I say go NJFIRE keep doing what you are doing but I would say that for any team with children on them.

Comment

For sake of conversation and all that I read, it seems that you are upset with them "MARKETING" themselves. That is crazy if you ask me because I believe all clubs use some form of MARKETING. Remember back in the day DTS use to do the same things. Remember they use to be the cream of the crop during the summer months. Now this is some 10 years or more I am talking about. They did the same thing all summer and winter long. Kids would flock to them over the summer and winter to play on their select teams and what did DTS do........MARKET themselves as the best teams around. Nothing is wrong with that in my opinion because those kids at the time PLAY for them. Same here for NJFIRE. Nothing wrong in what they are doing and trust me I have no dog in the fight and nor do I want one in this fight. I said it before that after looking up this team that I do know one of the guys involved and he is a pretty cool dude if you ask me. Now is this business for him....sure it is but nothing is wrong with that either. The fact that people are all up in arms because they won a tournament is beyond me because you play who you play or who signs up. Who cares what leagues the kids come from. If you ask certain people they will tell you that the ECNL is not a great league and the best players don't come from that league. So the fact that this team has several if not all girls that play for in those leagues with other teams means nothing in my opinion. I say go NJFIRE keep doing what you are doing but I would say that for any team with children on them.
                      Thanks coach.

I don't recall dts claiming that their select teams were anything other than select. It's up to the parents to understand what that means.

nj fire should of course keep running their select program. What they shouldn't do is continue to market their select teams (which aren't identified clearly-they should be labeled as nj fire summer select in tournaments) as their ACTUAL rosters. People here are pointing that out. What if you as a parent signed up your kid for this club based on what you saw during one of these summer tournaments. It's equivalent to being shown a Lexus in a car dealership and then the salesman handing you the keys to your newly signed for 2001 ford focus. It's a bait and switch.

Nj fire should clearly identity select squads in tournaments and in social media posts afterwards. Market the hell out of your name, but be honest about it.

Comment

One thing you don't get. The guy that runs Fire is a Con man. Knows nothing about soccer

Comment

One thing you don't get. The guy that runs Fire is a Con man. Knows nothing about soccer
                          Who runs it? Where do they plan to play home games?!

Comment

Thanks coach.

I don't recall dts claiming that their select teams were anything other than select. It's up to the parents to understand what that means.

nj fire should of course keep running their select program. What they shouldn't do is continue to market their select teams (which aren't identified clearly-they should be labeled as nj fire summer select in tournaments) as their ACTUAL rosters. People here are pointing that out. What if you as a parent signed up your kid for this club based on what you saw during one of these summer tournaments. It's equivalent to being shown a Lexus in a car dealership and then the salesman handing you the keys to your newly signed for 2001 ford focus. It's a bait and switch.

Nj fire should clearly identity select squads in tournaments and in social media posts afterwards. Market the hell out of your name, but be honest about it.
                            Perfectly said. Hopefully NJ Fire lead actually listen to this one.

Comment

Thanks coach.

Let me be clear....I am not the coach and I am not a parent of any child on this team. Now I could go out and say my name and prove that but that would only prompt me to ask who you are and what your name is which you and I both know ain't gonna happen. Most people can figure out who I am by the style of my writing with all these run-on sentences and everything else wrong with my English writing lack of skills. Anyway. DTS most certainly did what ALL these summer select programs did LONG BEFORE. I been in this game a long time....maybe not too long but long enough to know that I use to see them and trust me nothing on their shirts said SELECT. Now this is not a stab at DTS because they did an excellent job in providing a service and gave a lot of coaches a start in this business that have become very successful in what they do i.e. (Indiana Uni. head coach) and several more. Seriously them marketing themselves or on social media which you claim........WHAT IS IT TO YOU?....that I don't get. You seem to really be bothered by the fact that they either the Coach/Manager is doing something. You say its a CON job....well sorry to bust your bubble but I will almost for sure say if you look deep into what you are doing it could be considered a CON JOB.

Comment

Let me be clear....I am not the coach and I am not a parent of any child on this team. Now I could go out and say my name and prove that but that would only prompt me to ask who you are and what your name is which you and I both know ain't gonna happen. Most people can figure out who I am by the style of my writing with all these run-on sentences and everything else wrong with my English writing lack of skills. Anyway. DTS most certainly did what ALL these summer select programs did LONG BEFORE. I been in this game a long time....maybe not too long but long enough to know that I use to see them and trust me nothing on their shirts said SELECT. Now this is not a stab at DTS because they did an excellent job in providing a service and gave a lot of coaches a start in this business that have become very successful in what they do i.e. (Indiana Uni. head coach) and several more. Seriously them marketing themselves or on social media which you claim........WHAT IS IT TO YOU?....that I don't get. You seem to really be bothered by the fact that they either the Coach/Manager is doing something. You say its a CON job....well sorry to bust your bubble but I will almost for sure say if you look deep into what you are doing it could be considered a CON JOB.
                                It doesn't matter personally to me, but I'm providing an opinion. I don't agree with the practice regardless if it's nj fire, dts, or whomever. It's wrong. No, what I do isn't a con job and isn't advertised as such. Also, you keep saying "you". There are at least 4 or 5 different people on this thread saying basically the same thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X