X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new league

https://www.soccertoday.com/ea-leagu...s-elite-clubs/

I saw this on the NY page - I can't believe some people think it's a good idea to create another "elite" league in this area.

Some clips from the link:

"player development needs" = B teams

"supplemental league" = B and C teams

"PROGRESSIVE PATHWAY" = same price but lower quality for the B and C teams

" pre “MLS Elite” League teams" - never heard this term before - pretty creative

Someone has to be the official B league to the MLS league

Comment

Well said
      Basically a marketing ploy for these clubs to try to keep the kids on the B team happy and stay
      Offering the so called academy for mls B teams

Basically a lot more travel and still playing B teams. So nj B teams may have to drive to Rochester to play empire or long island or queens

No thanks

Comment

Just curious with all the A or B team talk. Is it better to be in an A team in an okay club (reasonably well-run, above average teams/coaches, with some misses here and there.) or a B team in a top club?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Just curious with all the A or B team talk. Is it better to be in an A team in an okay club (reasonably well-run, above average teams/coaches, with some misses here and there.) or a B team in a top club?
          IMO, its way better to play on a club's top team even if it's a smaller or weaker club.

I heard too many horror stories the last few years about how DOCs and trainers treat their B teams way worse than the A teams while charging the same for both teams.

Comment

Elite Academy League is basically what ECRL is to ECNL, but more like what DPL is to Girls Academy (and before that to Girls DA). My understanding is that both DPL and EAL were started out in Southern California, where there is a lot of talent and clubs want to keep the talent in-house. So, clubs with teams in the top league formed these alternate leagues for their B teams to compete against each other. There are a couple of clubs without a team in the MLS league who are in this new EAL's southwest league, but some of them have formal affiliations with teams in the MLS league (e.g., the SM Surf team with the LA Surf team).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Elite Academy League is basically what ECRL is to ECNL, but more like what DPL is to Girls Academy (and before that to Girls DA). My understanding is that both DPL and EAL were started out in Southern California, where there is a lot of talent and clubs want to keep the talent in-house. So, clubs with teams in the top league formed these alternate leagues for their B teams to compete against each other. There are a couple of clubs without a team in the MLS league who are in this new EAL's southwest league, but some of them have formal affiliations with teams in the MLS league (e.g., the SM Surf team with the LA Surf team).
              It's NEPAL all over again. This stuff is never new any more ... its all been done. This is the B league for tier 2 non-MLS academy teams in the northeast (which makes it a C or D league).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X