Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Might have something to do with the CJSA take over of CCSL. Pretty sure AFC was in CJSA and Vale was in CCSL.
    AFC was in EDP last year

Comment

Is AFC Ajax FC or Academica FC?
      Academica

Comment

Town premier is a fool's game. Has that ever ended well?

West Hartford premier = FSA

Pretty sure that ended well

Comment

I know Jamie, and have heard all the bad things but I’ve always had a good experience with him and his programs. The Trumbull premier program has better resources, more training, and a bigger talent pool. You may not be a fan because of issues you had with Jamie, but if you compare them objectively their program is superior to Shelton’s. I think they’re a good example of town premiere being successful based on objective measurements of quality and things you want from a club.
          If you know the Trumbull program so well, please tell us about the president and why Jaime threw her under the bus. Tell us what happened with the club's money that "disappeared", everyone in town knows this

Better resources, you mean better fields? They rent insports just like Shelton, they use the town fields, just like Shelton, they use parent coaches just like Shelton, sorry still don't see the difference.

Comment

If you know the Trumbull program so well, please tell us about the president and why Jaime threw her under the bus. Tell us what happened with the club's money that "disappeared", everyone in town knows this

Better resources, you mean better fields? They rent insports just like Shelton, they use the town fields, just like Shelton, they use parent coaches just like Shelton, sorry still don't see the difference.
            I didn’t say I know him so well. Jesus Christ, are you just looking to express your beligerence and argue? I don’t give a crap about either program to be honest, and maybe the inner workings are flawed or the same thing, but Trumbull undeniably does a better job with their presentation at the very least, where they appear to be more premier than travel in comparison to Shelton. I have no dog in this fight; I’m an outside observer and this is my objective observation.

Trumbull offers in-house tournaments, winter futsal, year-round training, summer camps for their players, etc... it’s infinitely better equipped to develop their players in comparison to Shelton. Why not take a look at the performance of the teams as a metric? Sheltons premier teams are not at the same level to put it nicely. It’s a mediocre town travel program masquerading as “Premier”.

You’re probably a Shelton parent, and I’m sorry if this is offensive. That’s not the intent. I was offering an outsider perspective on what in my personal experience is a a good example of a town club doing premier. Does your beat the Trumbull teams when you go to the tournaments at InSports?

Comment

Goran could give a f#%* about Vale. Since they divorced Vale has been the clear #2. Vale has that crappy albatross they call an indoor facility tied around their neck with a monthly mortgage. That is a huge burden. They have to keep feeding the monster and are desperate to get numbers through the door. They will limp along like Academica did for several years and then collapse.
              Vale's only hope is bringing back beer at their crappy facility

Comment

AFC was in EDP last year
                EDP is now under CJSA in CT.

Comment

Do tell this sounds good. The Trumbull president was a bit sketch from what I've heard.

Comment

Ended well? Have you seen the quality at FSA?????

Comment

I take it your kid didnt make the team....

Comment

I take it your kid didnt make the team....
                        You’re joking, right?

Comment

Seriously?

Let’s think about this. Some rich family that loved soccer but made their money from other businesses built a club, bought land (in another town) and the bought an ECNL club that was going under to gain access to an elite league.

Are you suggesting this is the normal trajectory for most town premier clubs? If so, If then I totally agree with you. Seems like an easy model to follow. Thank you for this insightful response

Comment

Seriously?

Let’s think about this. Some rich family that loved soccer but made their money from other businesses built a club, bought land (in another town) and the bought an ECNL club that was going under to gain access to an elite league.

Are you suggesting this is the normal trajectory for most town premier clubs? If so, If then I totally agree with you. Seems like an easy model to follow. Thank you for this insightful response
                            Yes. Good that you see my point

Comment

I know Jamie, and have heard all the bad things but I’ve always had a good experience with him and his programs. The Trumbull premier program has better resources, more training, and a bigger talent pool. You may not be a fan because of issues you had with Jamie, but if you compare them objectively their program is superior to Shelton’s. I think they’re a good example of town premiere being successful based on objective measurements of quality and things you want from a club.
                              It’s a small club with average teams. Just like Shelton. Objective measures??? What the hell are you talking about? Jamie couldn’t organize his way out of a paper bag.

Comment

Seriously?

😀😀😀plus most of that happened many moons ago. Theres far more competition now, very saturated landscape. Many town programs are struggling to keep players as premier clubs try to peel players away - most of whom are better served staying in travel

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X