Red Bulls RDS Camps/Centercourt FC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know the rules with pinnies but I feel like this may be a made up rule. I drive past fields coming home from work and all the kids are pinnied up. Just take a look on the majority of clubs social media showing their back to play practices - pinnies are on and very little social distancing. My daughter has been asked to turn up to practice in practice uniform but bring a dark t shirt in her bag too. Not sure what guidelines clubs are following especially as league and scrimmage play are allowed now but think nj youth soccer need to put out a more strict guideline so all clubs and teams are on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      RDS has two types of sessions (Fall/Spring/Winter, never attended Summer so can't comment): tryout-based and just pay-to-play. Tryout-based players are more committed. Pay-to-play sessions are for players who are still developing a sense of competitiveness. The price is almost the same so I would go for tryout-based sessions whenever possible. It is a shame that this Summer, those tryout-based sessions are all cancelled and only pay-to-play ones remain.

Also, not all residential camps in Summer require tryout. Normally they offer both to cater for different level of players. This year RB decided to cancel all Residential camps, tryout or not, and only to keep the day camp.

From our experience the easiest tryout to get in is the second session in Winter because most of teams have started their own winter training. The hardest one is the first winter session because almost no other options during that time (around the holidays). Fall and Spring sessions fall on weekends (Saturday/Sunday) are usually more challenging to get in since it is less likely to conflict with the regular training schedule and more players sign up.

There is a way to get around the harder tryouts: RB considers you "pass" if you had the tryout within 18 months. If you can get through one easier tryout, you're good to go for the other sessions. Of course if the players can't keep up, he/she will still get frustrated.

I am 99% sure that the non-tryout camps and sessions are not called "RDS" - they are just Red Bulls Clinics/Camps. The RDS name is specifically for higher-level players.

Comment

I am 99% sure that the non-tryout camps and sessions are not called "RDS" - they are just Red Bulls Clinics/Camps. The RDS name is specifically for higher-level players.
        In the summer, some RB day camps (non-residential) are called RDS camps and some aren't called RDS camps.

RDS camps are supposed to be limited to stronger players but there's no way to ensure this in the summer since the only RB summer camps that require a tryout are the residential camps (unless you did RDS before, in which case I don't think you have to tryout for it).

I think this is why the summer RDS camp my kid did last summer had overall weaker players versus the fall/winter/spring RDS sessions (the trainers were good though).

I signed my kid up for an RDS camp this summer but I expect the talent level will be lower that the players my kid trained with at other RDS trainings.

Comment

In the summer, some RB day camps (non-residential) are called RDS camps and some aren't called RDS camps.

RDS camps are supposed to be limited to stronger players but there's no way to ensure this in the summer since the only RB summer camps that require a tryout are the residential camps (unless you did RDS before, in which case I don't think you have to tryout for it).

I think this is why the summer RDS camp my kid did last summer had overall weaker players versus the fall/winter/spring RDS sessions (the trainers were good though).

I signed my kid up for an RDS camp this summer but I expect the talent level will be lower that the players my kid trained with at other RDS trainings.
          What teams do Centercourt have for the fall season trying to find out other options ?

Comment

Centercourt & red bull

What teams do Centercourt have for the fall season trying to find out other options ?
            How old is the kid your trying to find this out for? Some of their teams are mixed so would depend on whether your in favor of that or not.

Comment

Only the best at centercourt. Great teams and many great players here

Comment

Keep dreaming. MF Shore is the top tier that all clubs wish to be at. We wouldn't let Centercourt get us juice boxes, nevermind be at our skill level!!

Comment

Who are the coaches ?

Comment

Keep dreaming. MF Shore is the top tier that all clubs wish to be at. We wouldn't let Centercourt get us juice boxes, nevermind be at our skill level!!
                    Such a welcoming environment this is!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X