Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    thank goodness for the leagues about to start. All pollyanna's can stay home
    Another local college conference just announced no fall sports

https://patriotleague.org/news/2020/...rt-season.aspx

Comment

It’s not necessary for you to post in multiple threads. Especially on a HS summer league thread.
      Thanks 🐥🐥🐥

Comment

It’s not necessary for you to post in multiple threads. Especially on a HS summer league thread.
        Thanks 🐥🐥🐥
        How old are you using emojis?

Comment

How old are you using emojis?
          Don’t worry about it. 😎🐥😎

Comment

The Logical Voice

Sorry, but you can’t have it both ways. Either very large gatherings of people chanting, yelling, whatever, are a public health risk or they’re not. Any attempt to defend one while attacking the other is gross manipulation of “science” for political gain.
            From a virus management perspective, protests are as foolish an activity as a political rally.

So let's consider the real context that operates here. Rallies are organized well in advance, venues selected, tickets printed and people make the effort to be there to cheer on their candidate.

Protests are social events, generally a reaction to a perceived wrong, and normally begin with a spontaneous action that gains support and ultimately structure and planning as any rally.

Now how to you propose to prevent either one of these from happening?

Rallies are easy. Local government says NO. Venues don't rent their facilities. Rally organizers recognize their responsibility to help manage this crisis.

That's not going to work with protests. There's little that can be done when 20,000 people decide to march from one place to another at the same time. You can only stop that with force. Not generally a successful tactic these days. Governments tried that in the late 1960s.....and we had things like the 1968 Democratic Convention nightmare, Kent State and many college administration buildings finding themselves being occupied. A terrible time in many ways, but these protests did have their impact and they pushed our government to get out of Vietnam.

I don't know if you have really ever been part of a mass movement of people. I had the pleasure of sitting under the Washington Monument in 1978, when a million plus people descended on the Mall to watch the July 4th fireworks. They streamed in all day for hours, but when it was over, everyone left at the same time. I saw the power of the masses that night as the police were rendered impotent to stop people from simply walking down every major artery leading out of that area. Cars were frozen in place for hours

Rant all you want about these protests, but until people decide they have nothing to protest about, they will continue. What do you expect local governments to do?

Comment

From a virus management perspective, protests are as foolish an activity as a political rally.

So let's consider the real context that operates here. Rallies are organized well in advance, venues selected, tickets printed and people make the effort to be there to cheer on their candidate.

Protests are social events, generally a reaction to a perceived wrong, and normally begin with a spontaneous action that gains support and ultimately structure and planning as any rally.

Now how to you propose to prevent either one of these from happening?

Rallies are easy. Local government says NO. Venues don't rent their facilities. Rally organizers recognize their responsibility to help manage this crisis.

That's not going to work with protests. There's little that can be done when 20,000 people decide to march from one place to another at the same time. You can only stop that with force. Not generally a successful tactic these days. Governments tried that in the late 1960s.....and we had things like the 1968 Democratic Convention nightmare, Kent State and many college administration buildings finding themselves being occupied. A terrible time in many ways, but these protests did have their impact and they pushed our government to get out of Vietnam.

I don't know if you have really ever been part of a mass movement of people. I had the pleasure of sitting under the Washington Monument in 1978, when a million plus people descended on the Mall to watch the July 4th fireworks. They streamed in all day for hours, but when it was over, everyone left at the same time. I saw the power of the masses that night as the police were rendered impotent to stop people from simply walking down every major artery leading out of that area. Cars were frozen in place for hours

Rant all you want about these protests, but until people decide they have nothing to protest about, they will continue. What do you expect local governments to do?
              Wow you’re old! Well written post however, very good points.

Comment

The Democratic party is burying itself in hate and extremism.

Comment

Patriot league is not a powerhouse league. I find it odd they say in their press release that army and navy can do what they want even though the rest of the overpriced schools in the league have decided no sports in the Fall

Comment

Went to my sons game and FSA was very diligent about making sure people wore masks. They walked up to anyone not wearing one and told them to put one on or they would have to leave.

Comment

Patriot league is not a powerhouse league. I find it odd they say in their press release that army and navy can do what they want even though the rest of the overpriced schools in the league have decided no sports in the Fall
                      BU and Bucknell are strong programs. I hope the athletes at all Patriot League schools immediately enter the transfet portal. Their presidents are horrendous .

Comment

Went to my sons game and FSA was very diligent about making sure people wore masks. They walked up to anyone not wearing one and told them to put one on or they would have to leave.
                        Fsa management probably bought masks at the dollar store and then sold them on the sidelines For 10 dollars. Anything to rape the parents!

Comment

BU and Bucknell are strong programs. I hope the athletes at all Patriot League schools immediately enter the transfet portal. Their presidents are horrendous .
                          Transfer to where? Do you think there's all kinds of open slots right now? Money available? Plus other conferences may stop as well. It's a shi tty situation but many are stuck with it.

Comment

Transfer to where? Do you think there's all kinds of open slots right now? Money available? Plus other conferences may stop as well. It's a shi tty situation but many are stuck with it.
                            I mean for next year. Transfer to a school in a co nerence that actually vales athletic participation. All of the schools in the Patriot are in states where Covid-19 is under control.

Comment

I arrived at my daughter's game and a huge group of parents were standing together watching. No distancing at all. I wanted to say, "Are you f-ing morons??".

Comment

Have not seen that. I don’t wear a mask but I sit in the back of my truck in a lawn chair and watch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X