Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Similar issue. JC never there and is all about $$$. Your check clears and youre in
    There are many different locations so how do you expect him to be at any location for any length of time?

Comment

Anyone with any experience with this? Considering it as supplemental training in the fall for my 2007 D. To begin with, what's the difference between NCE (National Center for Excellence) and COE (Center Of Excellence)?
      Was once the top supplemental program around for a couple of years with tryouts to be a part of it. Players were turned away if they felt they weren't ready THEN it became a money grab for a while including anyone with money BUT John Curtis has now brought it back to higher standards with tryouts again like it used to be.

I will tell you this though; The Winter season fee is absolutely ridiculous. $699?? I understand about field rentals but that is a Crazy number-

Wait until the Spring season and give it a shot. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Comment

Was once the top supplemental program around for a couple of years with tryouts to be a part of it. Players were turned away if they felt they weren't ready THEN it became a money grab for a while including anyone with money BUT John Curtis has now brought it back to higher standards with tryouts again like it used to be.

I will tell you this though; The Winter season fee is absolutely ridiculous. $699?? I understand about field rentals but that is a Crazy number-

Wait until the Spring season and give it a shot. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
        Christ that is ridiculous! Winter indoor training may not happen at all any way. But no harm no foul trying it for a spring session. If it doesn't meet expectations you don't return. Too many people overthink this stuff.

Comment

Christ that is ridiculous! Winter indoor training may not happen at all any way. But no harm no foul trying it for a spring session. If it doesn't meet expectations you don't return. Too many people overthink this stuff.

Exactly! :)

Comment

Good for younger kids, especially at town teams. Less so for kids past the age of 12 or 13.

At my kids former club, the vast majority of players also doing NCE were on the second team. There's a point where you have to really consider what your child may get out of the program and what the cost is with adding another day.

Comment

Good for younger kids, especially at town teams. Less so for kids past the age of 12 or 13.

At my kids former club, the vast majority of players also doing NCE were on the second team. There's a point where you have to really consider what your child may get out of the program and what the cost is with adding another day.
              Mind did it 6th and most of 7th grade. They really wanted to improve and make a higher level team, which they eventually did. It's not a bad idea to get exposed to different styles of coaching and play with others outside your team.

Comment

That's BS. My daughter was asked to play in it for the first 2 or 3 years it began. When we found out that nearly half her team was doing it, we declined. It was early a money grab from the get go. They accepted anyone vain enough to think their kid was special that could afford to pay the ridiculousoney and travel to these far away locations.

Comment

That's BS. My daughter was asked to play in it for the first 2 or 3 years it began. When we found out that nearly half her team was doing it, we declined. It was early a money grab from the get go. They accepted anyone vain enough to think their kid was special that could afford to pay the ridiculousoney and travel to these far away locations.
                  It wasn't on the Boys side. Sucks for you

Comment

It wasn't on the Boys side. Sucks for you
                    Since there's multiple locations, coaches and players involved each may have a different take. It was a good experience for my player at the time we did it (7th and 8th grade winter). Good coaching and good players in their group. Totally understand others may not have experienced the same thing. I think what you expect going in impacts your perceptions of value. We didn't consider it anything more than good supplemental training during a quiet period for their club. Certainly no expectations it would turn my kid into a stud, just some improvement and training with different trainers and players.

Comment

It's a matter of perspective. If you are coming from a D2 league or lower it's a breath of fresh air. Your kid gets to train with some better-dedicated players. If your child plays for a quality D1 team, you may nod your head in disbelief with some of the "selectees" that made the cut.

Nevertheless, the winter program is $200 more than most comparable ones. Some are even greater values because you get more actual field time.

Comment

There is no 10 week winter training program worth $699. That is an absurd number. And you purchase your own uniform. Even at $250 for a half field rental cost it doesn't add up. But look, that's their business and income, if you have it its your money to spend.

Comment

There is no 10 week winter training program worth $699. That is an absurd number. And you purchase your own uniform. Even at $250 for a half field rental cost it doesn't add up. But look, that's their business and income, if you have it its your money to spend.
                          Is that the real number!!? This program will not last the year imo, can’t see how he can charge that! Not even affiliated with a league any more. Don’t see where the higher level connections are coming from.

Comment

That’s $699 for the winter only and they also charge you 30 bucks to tryout. The big let down comes the second or third week when you realize the quality of players they accepted.

Comment

That’s $699 for the winter only and they also charge you 30 bucks to tryout. The big let down comes the second or third week when you realize the quality of players they accepted.
                              Watch the tryouts. You'll see before you commit

Comment

This style of program is perfect for Parents who have doubts, end of line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X