Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s basically a glorified Ginga team. Everson tried selling it to other clubs as a professional pathway but no one bought into it.
    Why would Everson offer his 12s, 13s and 14s to HA? He is losing his players and income.
    What am I missing?

This looks like a Academy program sitting underneath a pro club, similar to NYCFC, Red Bull and Revs.....what does it cost?

Comment

Why would Everson offer his 12s, 13s and 14s to HA? He is losing his players and income.
      What am I missing?

This looks like a Academy program sitting underneath a pro club, similar to NYCFC, Red Bull and Revs.....what does it cost?
      Seems like an aggressive move by HA - this will rock the status quo here in CT youth boys soccer.

Comment

Seems like an aggressive move by HA - this will rock the status quo here in CT youth boys soccer.
        Girls program likely not far behind.

Comment

What am I missing?

Don’t even put HA in the same sentence at refs, nycfc, Red Bull’s. Those clubs have money and real mls ties. HA hasn’t got either.

Comment

Don’t even put HA in the same sentence at refs, nycfc, Red Bull’s. Those clubs have money and real mls ties. HA hasn’t got either.
            How much are they charging?....MLS academies are free.

Comment

How much are they charging?....MLS academies are free.
              It is not free, but likely less than what OW or FSA charge. Should be attractive.

Comment

What am I missing?

They are paying. Everson coaches the owner’s daughter. If I know Everson (and I do) he will try to convince other clubs to send their players to HA. He will probably pitch it as an academy but it’s a pay to play club. Everson will control it and try to increase market share. Only shot he has for attracting players outside of Ginga would be other local players from clubs like CFC North, Sporting, etc...No one is traveling long distance to get there.

Comment

They are paying. Everson coaches the owner’s daughter. If I know Everson (and I do) he will try to convince other clubs to send their players to HA. He will probably pitch it as an academy but it’s a pay to play club. Everson will control it and try to increase market share. Only shot he has for attracting players outside of Ginga would be other local players from clubs like CFC North, Sporting, etc...No one is traveling long distance to get there.
                  They are paying about $2500. Half the team is from Albany. Some are indeed traveling distance and it appears to be worth it.

Comment

They are paying about $2500. Half the team is from Albany. Some are indeed traveling distance and it appears to be worth it.
                    Half the players are not traveling from Albany. It’s the kids who can squeeze into Kledis’ car that are coming from Albany. Instead of training them back in NY Kledis is dragging them across creation and training them in Hartford instead of Portland.

Comment

On the HA Website:

ABOUT THE U14 PRO DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
                      F
                      This is connecticut. No player actually wants to become pro from here.

Comment

Another garbage decison by in a long line of stupid decisons made by parents who think their Mia is going pro

Comment

Very odd comment....do you speak for all players in the State? Didn't HA just sign the leading goal scorer in CT High School history to a pro contract?

Comment

Hey if Ginga is locked out of ECNL or MLS Next, why not affiliate with a pro club in the USL and participate in youth platform with some decent potential for player exposure? Seems logical. What am I missing?

Comment

Very odd comment....do you speak for all players in the State? Didn't HA just sign the leading goal scorer in CT High School history to a pro contract?
                              you know he would make more money at Mcdonalds. Skipping college for a short "career" at HA is not a smart move at all

Comment

U14 only? What happens when they are 15? Will this start here and expand upward as this group ages?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X