Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance League / ECRL

My daughter’s team is supposedly moving from Alliance to ECRL next year....we’re being told is a similar level of play, any thoughts based on experience? I’m hoping it’s level appropriate as that would continue to be a great fit.

Probably appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter’s team is supposedly moving from Alliance to ECRL next year....we’re being told is a similar level of play, any thoughts based on experience? I’m hoping it’s level appropriate as that would continue to be a great fit.
      The two leagues are very close, basically academies C and D teams.....very underwhelming in terms of level of play, but if you don’t want something too competitive then I guess appropriate.

Comment

The two leagues are very close, basically academies C and D teams.....very underwhelming in terms of level of play, but if you don’t want something too competitive then I guess appropriate.
        Not quite right. Alliance League features a lot of Matchfit C and D teams, whereas ECRL has Matchfit's B team. Alliance League also has Cedar Stars Bergen B teams, whereas Cedar Stars A teams are more on-par with ECRL teams from PDA and World Class. ECRL definitely a step up from Alliance League.

Comment

Not quite right. Alliance League features a lot of Matchfit C and D teams, whereas ECRL has Matchfit's B team. Alliance League also has Cedar Stars Bergen B teams, whereas Cedar Stars A teams are more on-par with ECRL teams from PDA and World Class. ECRL definitely a step up from Alliance League.
          ECRL blows stay away.

Comment

ECRL blows stay away.
            It's definitely a step below ECNL for sure.

Comment

ECRL blows stay away.
              Some kids aren’t ecnl level. Should they all quit? Don’t we want kids who like playing?

Comment

ECRL blows stay away.
                Agreed ECRL is nothing but a money grab to add to the coffers of the league and club. The level of play is not worth the time, money or travel required.

Comment

Agreed ECRL is nothing but a money grab to add to the coffers of the league and club. The level of play is not worth the time, money or travel required.
                  Agreed. All of youth soccer is a money grab. Should go focus on schoolwork instead.

Comment

The truth is, you will not get an honest answer here because the GA clubs are hurting for players so they want you to bring your daughter to their league. The funny thing is, if they were given ECNL status, they would be touting ECRL as the 2nd greatest thing since sliced bread met peanut butter and jelly

Comment

It's definitely a step below ECNL for sure.
                      A step below??? Have you seen the teams? Try a ladder below. But nothing wrong with that as the OP said the right level of competition is important.

Comment

The truth is, you will not get an honest answer here because the GA clubs are hurting for players so they want you to bring your daughter to their league. The funny thing is, if they were given ECNL status, they would be touting ECRL as the 2nd greatest thing since sliced bread met peanut butter and jelly
                        Thank you, really don’t care about GA clubs, just that my daughter is happy playing where she is. So if the club advises ECRL is similar to Alliance that’s all I care about. I know it’s not ECNL.

Comment

A step below??? Have you seen the teams? Try a ladder below. But nothing wrong with that as the OP said the right level of competition is important.
                          My D played on ECRL (NE NPL) for years, saw lots of variation in the quality of the competition. Some were very strong and could probably beat lower-level ECNL teams, others were very bad and would lose to EDP d2 teams. Certainly didn't feel like ECRL was any worse or better than NYCSL NPL or EDP d1 overall.

Comment

My D played on ECRL (NE NPL) for years, saw lots of variation in the quality of the competition. Some were very strong and could probably beat lower-level ECNL teams, others were very bad and would lose to EDP d2 teams. Certainly didn't feel like ECRL was any worse or better than NYCSL NPL or EDP d1 overall.
                            I’ve seen quite a few ECRL teams lose to EDP 2nd and 3rd div teams and get absolutely annihilated by EDP 1st div teams. So based on that not impressed....but I guess there are exceptions here and there.

Comment

I’ve seen quite a few ECRL teams lose to EDP 2nd and 3rd div teams and get absolutely annihilated by EDP 1st div teams. So based on that not impressed....but I guess there are exceptions here and there.
                              Where did you see them? And what is your situation where you are seeing so many ECRL teams play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X