Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family’s attacking family’s with in same clubs?.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I actually overheard a parent (and she wasn't trying to be quiet about it) bad-mouthing my kid during a game. Full disclosure...my kid was having a shltty game. Just nothing was coming off right for her...it happens.

Anyway, she overheard the parent and I watched her shoulders just drop. She was heartbroken. She knew she wasn't playing well but having a parent tell her so just sucked. I should've, but didn't, say something.

So, the next year at tryouts, coach decides not to keep my kid. Mentions it's her confidence, and when it's bad she plays bad; when it's good she's great. I told him what happened last year (it was during the national semi-finals of a futsal tournament) and he says "Yeah, this club has a lot of strong personalities from the parents. Worst I've ever seen". Still, he did nothing.

Pissed me off.

Futsal national semi-finals. Right up there with the National Cornhole Championships.

Comment

I actually overheard a parent (and she wasn't trying to be quiet about it) bad-mouthing my kid during a game. Full disclosure...my kid was having a shltty game. Just nothing was coming off right for her...it happens.

Anyway, she overheard the parent and I watched her shoulders just drop. She was heartbroken. She knew she wasn't playing well but having a parent tell her so just sucked. I should've, but didn't, say something.

So, the next year at tryouts, coach decides not to keep my kid. Mentions it's her confidence, and when it's bad she plays bad; when it's good she's great. I told him what happened last year (it was during the national semi-finals of a futsal tournament) and he says "Yeah, this club has a lot of strong personalities from the parents. Worst I've ever seen". Still, he did nothing.

Pissed me off.
      Welcome to OW

Comment

Futsal national semi-finals. Right up there with the National Cornhole Championships.

Ignore the action and concentrate on the message, chucklehead.

Comment

Absolutely kids hear the parents. Harder for the coaches to across the field, but they often "catch wind" of it. They need to shut it down fast. A parent meeting can be a good way to start because then no one really feels attacked personally or will get confrontational. Hopefully they get the message then. If not, then a phone call is in order. Crappy parents often influence their kids' attitudes, and the whole thing can get toxic fast.

Comment

Absolutely kids hear the parents. Harder for the coaches to across the field, but they often "catch wind" of it. They need to shut it down fast. A parent meeting can be a good way to start because then no one really feels attacked personally or will get confrontational. Hopefully they get the message then. If not, then a phone call is in order. Crappy parents often influence their kids' attitudes, and the whole thing can get toxic fast.
            So dumb! Grow some balls and stand up for yourself and your kid. Someone else will fight your battle, so you hope.

Comment

So dumb! Grow some balls and stand up for yourself and your kid. Someone else will fight your battle, so you hope.
              Agree. My daughter was on the same club team for years. I watched the games with the handful of same parents over the years. We had an agreement that we'd speak freely. If your kid played well we'd talk about if they were having a bad day that was in play as well. Made things easier.

Often times parents running their mouth have animosity over playing time etc.

Comment

Agree. My daughter was on the same club team for years. I watched the games with the handful of same parents over the years. We had an agreement that we'd speak freely. If your kid played well we'd talk about if they were having a bad day that was in play as well. Made things easier.

Often times parents running their mouth have animosity over playing time etc.
                Your making the assumption that those getting playing time deserve it over others. Sometimes this is not the case, but where politics come into play.

Comment

Your making the assumption that those getting playing time deserve it over others. Sometimes this is not the case, but where politics come into play.
                  Leave that to the coach, dad!

Comment

OP here - believe me I've had words with a few aholes across multiple sports and kids over the years. Usually calling them out on something in front of someone else shuts them up really quick. No need to get angry about it, just a few polite but concise words. But sometimes it requires coach intervention. Some people just don't care and the only way they'll shut up is with coach or club pressure, even to the point of banning parents from the fields if need be.

Comment

OP here - believe me I've had words with a few aholes across multiple sports and kids over the years. Usually calling them out on something in front of someone else shuts them up really quick. No need to get angry about it, just a few polite but concise words. But sometimes it requires coach intervention. Some people just don't care and the only way they'll shut up is with coach or club pressure, even to the point of banning parents from the fields if need be.
                      Haha there would be no parents on the sidelines!

Comment

Haha there would be no parents on the sidelines!
                        Many parents are lovely and support everyone. Another portion are indifferent and soccer is just another kid activity and don't get all wrapped up in it. It's the small group that takes it way too seriously combined with being nasty to begin with, that can ruin it for everyone.

Comment

Many parents are lovely and support everyone. Another portion are indifferent and soccer is just another kid activity and don't get all wrapped up in it. It's the small group that takes it way too seriously combined with being nasty to begin with, that can ruin it for everyone.
                          Its the "nasty to begin with" that is the problem. Like you said, most parents are just fine and support everyone. And even the real diehards who take training, games and individual goals seriously are usually harmless. You can be serious, and be nice at the same time.

Its the nasty people that are the problem and there is no shortage of them at all teams.

Most often they are all the same.

They think they are better than other parents. They think their kid is the best kid in the state, regardless if that is true. They treat any new player as a threat. When teammates leave they bad mouth them. They think talent level U-8 to U14 defines who the player is going forward, despite that not mattering for anything. They yell and scream at refs rather than set an example to their kids on how to handle adversity and challenges and how not to get emotional. They sit at the 50 yard line not for the view, but so they can eavesdrop on every conversation from the opposing team, then they pick fights.

They think when other teams argue calls, they have the right to yell louder. They forget that sports is a way to build character. Not a way to display poor character. They don't respect the competition. They bad mouth every club that is not theirs. And they come on this site and stalk and criticize young kids. They are insecure about themselves and about their own kids ability.

They are the worst among us. They truly are the scum of the earth.

The good thing is that in the end they are always exposed. Eventually they are called out for what they are. Jealous, Petty, Obnoxious, and Pathetic.

Comment

Its the "nasty to begin with" that is the problem. Like you said, most parents are just fine and support everyone. And even the real diehards who take training, games and individual goals seriously are usually harmless. You can be serious, and be nice at the same time.

Its the nasty people that are the problem and there is no shortage of them at all teams.

Most often they are all the same.

They think they are better than other parents. They think their kid is the best kid in the state, regardless if that is true. They treat any new player as a threat. When teammates leave they bad mouth them. They think talent level U-8 to U14 defines who the player is going forward, despite that not mattering for anything. They yell and scream at refs rather than set an example to their kids on how to handle adversity and challenges and how not to get emotional. They sit at the 50 yard line not for the view, but so they can eavesdrop on every conversation from the opposing team, then they pick fights.

They think when other teams argue calls, they have the right to yell louder. They forget that sports is a way to build character. Not a way to display poor character. They don't respect the competition. They bad mouth every club that is not theirs. And they come on this site and stalk and criticize young kids. They are insecure about themselves and about their own kids ability.

They are the worst among us. They truly are the scum of the earth.

The good thing is that in the end they are always exposed. Eventually they are called out for what they are. Jealous, Petty, Obnoxious, and Pathetic.

Shut up

Comment

Shut up
                              You’d be banned from the sidelines...

Comment

Nope!! We are defunding coaching. Coaches need to coach players and not need to get involved with dbag parents ruining for all parents. Take a stand!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X