Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No lost American jobs. I’ll tell you what, instead of taking your word for it let us go to the source shall we? Joey The Clown just killed 11,000 union jobs and roughly 60,000 supporting jobs. This guy is a complete idiot who just further crippled our economy. You lose!

https://www.keystonexl.com/project-u...d-keystone-xl/

TC Energy awards more than $1.6 billion in American contracts to build Keystone XL. Project to create over 8,000 union jobs in 2021

TC Energy Corporation (TSX, NYSE: TRP) (TC Energy) has awarded more than US$1.6 billion worth of contracts to six major American union contractors to execute pipeline construction across 800 miles in three states in the U.S. on the Keystone XL Pipeline in 2021.

The six contractors will be directly responsible for hiring more than 7,000 union workers in 2021, with special emphasis placed on hiring locally first and giving priority to qualified local and Indigenous-owned businesses. When combined with additional 2021 contracts to be announced later, the total number of American union workers constructing Keystone XL in 2021 will exceed 8,000 and $900 million in gross wages. In total, Keystone XL is expected to employ more than 11,000 Americans in 2021, creating more than $1.6 billion in gross wages.

“The 8,000 American union jobs that come with 2021 construction is welcome news and irreplaceable as the U.S. continues our economic recovery.”

“With construction activities well underway in both the U.S. and Canada, Keystone XL is already playing a critical role in contributing to North America's economic recovery,” said Richard Prior, President, Keystone XL Pipeline. “The selection of our U.S. construction contractors for 2021 is an important next step in employing thousands more American union workers and delivering tangible benefits to local communities and businesses.”

Keystone XL highlights

Advances North American energy security
    Committed to a greener future by creating $10 million clean energy training fund
    Established Indigenous communities as long-term partners
    Creating approximately 13,000 high-paying union jobs in the U.S. and Canada
    Supporting over 60,000 jobs across North America

You have bad information, the other poster was correct, bio US jobs affected only canadian union workers affected by this. They were also correct, that type of industry needs to disappear and that will affect american workers but we do need to end our reliance on foreign oil and eliminate the value of oil completely then you will also see the benefit of that here.

Comment

You have bad information, the other poster was correct, bio US jobs affected only canadian union workers affected by this. They were also correct, that type of industry needs to disappear and that will affect american workers but we do need to end our reliance on foreign oil and eliminate the value of oil completely then you will also see the benefit of that here.
      Haha...bad information? This IS the companies press release. I swear I’m dealing with morons. Let me break it down for you so you’ll understand. This was the contract that was rewarded for work to be completed this year in 2021. Before Joey The Clown crushed it, the project projected 11,000 American workers needed to complete the work. With that many people, they would need places to eat, places to shop, places to sleep, places to educate their children, doctors, nurses, groceries, and on and on which would have created the “associated” jobs they talked about in their statement. I know it’s hard for you to see past Pelosi’s ass, but you’re not seeing the bigger picture. To say no Americans lost their job is simply no true. If that were the case, why did Joey’s press secretary tell reporters those workers can “find another Job” when pressed about it? Face boy just killed tens of thousands of American jobs with a stroke of a pen.

Comment

Haha...bad information? This IS the companies press release. I swear I’m dealing with morons. Let me break it down for you so you’ll understand. This was the contract that was rewarded for work to be completed this year in 2021. Before Joey The Clown crushed it, the project projected 11,000 American workers needed to complete the work. With that many people, they would need places to eat, places to shop, places to sleep, places to educate their children, doctors, nurses, groceries, and on and on which would have created the “associated” jobs they talked about in their statement. I know it’s hard for you to see past Pelosi’s ass, but you’re not seeing the bigger picture. To say no Americans lost their job is simply no true. If that were the case, why did Joey’s press secretary tell reporters those workers can “find another Job” when pressed about it? Face boy just killed tens of thousands of American jobs with a stroke of a pen.
        Again you are working with bad information. No american jobs were part of that deal that will be lost. Sorry you are mad about me speaking facts and the truth but it is what it is.

Comment

Again you are working with bad information. No american jobs were part of that deal that will be lost. Sorry you are mad about me speaking facts and the truth but it is what it is.
          Plus most of any jobs were temporary construction jobs. Once constructed a pipeline requires minimal staffing

Comment

If cons are going to cry every time a US job is lost converting energy away from fossil fuels then we will never end our dependence. Change isn't always smooth and it's almost ways messy. But with planning and programs like job retraining, oil and gas workers can be employed in new energy sectors or new jobs altogether.

Comment

It’s time to take your head outta Pelosi’s ass. Two big players in Biden’s administration both admitted to loss of American Jobs. You are working with bad information. Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure Psaki and Buttigieg know more than you. Facts can be a bitch sometimes.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) shared his concern that President Biden just upended 1,200 good paying union jobs. He added that this year, the project was scheduled to have 11,000 jobs, including 8,000 union jobs, for contracts worth $1.6 billion.

"And with the stroke of a pen, President Biden has told those 11,000 workers, those union workers, your jobs are gone," Cruz noted. He asked Buttigieg to say something to the workers who essentially just lost their livelihoods.

Here was the nominee's dismissive reply, essentially telling those workers that they can get "different" jobs.

"The answer is," he continued, "we are very eager to see those workers continue to be employed with good-paying, union jobs. Even if they might be different ones."

The nominee did not put to rest Sen. Cruz's fears that Biden is en route to enforce several other regulatory decisions that will eliminate more union jobs, more manufacturing jobs and more energy jobs.

"That is out of step with what the American people want," Cruz told Buttigieg.

Comment

Strange how cons never source their material

Comment

If cons are going to cry every time a US job is lost converting energy away from fossil fuels then we will never end our dependence. Change isn't always smooth and it's almost ways messy. But with planning and programs like job retraining, oil and gas workers can be employed in new energy sectors or new jobs altogether.
                  Ohhh, change is messy? That’s the libtard answer now? I could’ve sworn you cried about Trump for 4 straight years. Where are all these new energy job coming from especially to replace the 11,000 that were slated to work in 2021? If Joey The Clown’s plan for jobs is as pathetic as his Covid response, then I’m pretty sure we’re all screwed.

Comment

If Biden gets a badly needed infrastructure bill through that will create tens of thousands of jobs. Trump said he'd pass a big infrastructure bill, never did, not even with Senate control. That should have been a slam dunk, but typical Trump he didn't even take a shot. No plan, no bill. Kinda of like that nonexistent healthcare plan.

Comment

Strange how cons never source their material
                      I was waiting for that one. 😂. Here is more “bad information” for you.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-jobs-n2583513

Comment

Ohhh, change is messy? That’s the libtard answer now? I could’ve sworn you cried about Trump for 4 straight years. Where are all these new energy job coming from especially to replace the 11,000 that were slated to work in 2021? If Joey The Clown’s plan for jobs is as pathetic as his Covid response, then I’m pretty sure we’re all screwed.
                        Nobody can fu ck up Covid worse than Trump. The deaths of 400,000 Americans will be his legacy. That and trying to take over the halls of Congress with an angry mob.

Comment

Nobody can fu ck up Covid worse than Trump. The deaths of 400,000 Americans will be his legacy. That and trying to take over the halls of Congress with an angry mob.
                          I’m glad you said that. Just remember that you’re blaming a POTUS for Covid deaths. Joey will be too and I gotta say, he’s off to a pretty shîtty start even with a vaccine Christmas present that you idiots said couldn’t be done. He “nothing can be done” plan shows he’s lost. #basementlife

Comment

China Joe!

“Two days in & Biden says never mind about stopping COVID & hands the electrical grid to China. “Biden Rescinds Trump Order Banning Chinese Communist Involvement In US Power Grid”

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/bi...ump-energy-eo/

The Trump-era order sought to ban, replace, and set new criteria on bulk-power system (BPS) electric equipment coming from a foreign country or national that poses a national security threat.

“Foreign adversaries are increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in the United States bulk-power system, which provides the electricity that supports our national defense, vital emergency services, critical infrastructure, economy, and way of life. The bulk-power system is a target of those seeking to commit malicious acts against the United States and its people, including malicious cyber activities, because a successful attack on our bulk-power system would present significant risks to our economy, human health and safety, and would render the United States less capable of acting in defense of itself and its allies,” the introduction to the executive order

“The order prohibits utilities that supply critical defense facilities (CDF) from procuring from the People’s Republic of China, specific BPS electric equipment that poses an undue risk to the BPS, the security or resilience of critical infrastructure, the economy, national security, or safety and security of Americans,” a press release adds.

Comment

“Two days in & Biden says never mind about stopping COVID & hands the electrical grid to China. “Biden Rescinds Trump Order Banning Chinese Communist Involvement In US Power Grid”

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/bi...ump-energy-eo/

The Trump-era order sought to ban, replace, and set new criteria on bulk-power system (BPS) electric equipment coming from a foreign country or national that poses a national security threat.

“Foreign adversaries are increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in the United States bulk-power system, which provides the electricity that supports our national defense, vital emergency services, critical infrastructure, economy, and way of life. The bulk-power system is a target of those seeking to commit malicious acts against the United States and its people, including malicious cyber activities, because a successful attack on our bulk-power system would present significant risks to our economy, human health and safety, and would render the United States less capable of acting in defense of itself and its allies,” the introduction to the executive order

“The order prohibits utilities that supply critical defense facilities (CDF) from procuring from the People’s Republic of China, specific BPS electric equipment that poses an undue risk to the BPS, the security or resilience of critical infrastructure, the economy, national security, or safety and security of Americans,” a press release adds.
                              You have bad information, none of this is accurate.

Comment

It’s time to take your head outta Pelosi’s ass. Two big players in Biden’s administration both admitted to loss of American Jobs. You are working with bad information. Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure Psaki and Buttigieg know more than you. Facts can be a bitch sometimes.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) shared his concern that President Biden just upended 1,200 good paying union jobs. He added that this year, the project was scheduled to have 11,000 jobs, including 8,000 union jobs, for contracts worth $1.6 billion.

"And with the stroke of a pen, President Biden has told those 11,000 workers, those union workers, your jobs are gone," Cruz noted. He asked Buttigieg to say something to the workers who essentially just lost their livelihoods.

Here was the nominee's dismissive reply, essentially telling those workers that they can get "different" jobs.

"The answer is," he continued, "we are very eager to see those workers continue to be employed with good-paying, union jobs. Even if they might be different ones."

The nominee did not put to rest Sen. Cruz's fears that Biden is en route to enforce several other regulatory decisions that will eliminate more union jobs, more manufacturing jobs and more energy jobs.

"That is out of step with what the American people want," Cruz told Buttigieg.
                                You have bad information again. Cruz has no idea what the American people want, remember the insurrection he helped instigate? Besides I can't stand Pelosi so you can't use that very predictable jab either. No american union jobs were lost, only canadian union workers affected. Our country will step away from the old oil industry and we will be better for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X