Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Big east will help big time. No more crazy travel. Better teams.
    What do you mean no more “crazy travel”? You do know what colleges are in the Big East right?

Comment

What do you mean no more “crazy travel”? You do know what colleges are in the Big East right?
      come on man. settle down. Yes we know where big east is d00uche. Probably 4-5 less plane trips

Comment

Why did Big East allow UConn in. What’s the history of this ?

Comment

come on man. settle down. Yes we know where big east is d00uche. Probably 4-5 less plane trips
          I love it, “probably 4-5 less plane trips” “d00uche”? Why so hostile when you have no clue what you’re even saying?

Not the OP, but this site is so ridiculous at times. Bunch of morons that know nothing. The OP’s point is very valid. As an example, Providence had 5 trips requiring flights this past season, Uconn had 2.

Comment

I love it, “probably 4-5 less plane trips” “d00uche”? Why so hostile when you have no clue what you’re even saying?

Not the OP, but this site is so ridiculous at times. Bunch of morons that know nothing. The OP’s point is very valid. As an example, Providence had 5 trips requiring flights this past season, Uconn had 2.
            That is because they bus to texas.

Comment

That is because they bus to texas.
              What are you talking about?

Comment

You’re not exactly correct. Every team in UConn’s old conference was a flight except maybe Temple and evenings that is a 5 hour bus ride. In the Big East, Seton Hall, SJ, Prov and maybe Nova will be bus trips. Probably GTown too. Only Xavier, DePaul and Marquette are flights off the top of my head. I’m sure I’m missing someone. But bottom line is the BE is going to be less travel for them in terms of dollars, but not a big time saver if they’re on buses.

Comment

You’re not exactly correct. Every team in UConn’s old conference was a flight except maybe Temple and evenings that is a 5 hour bus ride. In the Big East, Seton Hall, SJ, Prov and maybe Nova will be bus trips. Probably GTown too. Only Xavier, DePaul and Marquette are flights off the top of my head. I’m sure I’m missing someone. But bottom line is the BE is going to be less travel for them in terms of dollars, but not a big time saver if they’re on buses.
                  You forgot Creighton and Butler.

To the OP’s point. Based on both teams schedules last year, PC took 5 flights and UConn took 2. That’s a fact, I just checked to confirm it. Varies by year, but there’s significant travel in the modern day Big East. It’s not like the 90’s Big East.

Comment

To the OP’s point. Based on both teams schedules last year, PC took 5 flights and UConn took 2. That’s a fact, I just checked to confirm it. Varies by year, but there’s significant travel in the modern day Big East. It’s not like the 90’s Big East.
                    Then Prov will have no flights this year because only 5 schools require a flight. Every team in the CAA was a flight for UConn, which means every year.

Comment

If UCONN only got on planes twice last year, they were likely scheduled for many flights this year had they stayed in AAC with alternating home/away games.

Comment

Long bus rides in lots of traffic can be just as draining as flying

Comment

Central Florida
                          South Florida
                          Tulsa
                          Memphis
                          SMU
                          Houston
                          East Carolina
                          Cincinnati
                          Temple

All but Temple you would be flying to.

Comment

Central Florida
                            South Florida
                            Tulsa
                            Memphis
                            SMU
                            Houston
                            East Carolina
                            Cincinnati
                            Temple

All but Temple you would be flying to.
                            Creighton
                            Butler
                            Xavier
                            Marquette
                            DePaul
                            Georgetown (6+ hours from Uconn not even factoring traffic). This is a likely flight for them.

Not much difference to be honest. Significant travel in both.

Comment

Creighton
                              Butler
                              Xavier
                              Marquette
                              DePaul
                              Georgetown (6+ hours from Uconn not even factoring traffic). This is a likely flight for them.

Not much difference to be honest. Significant travel in both.
                              They will bus to GU but they will stay 3 days

Comment

Providence. Seton hall. St. John’s are all day trips

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X