Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to use roster list to know two things: do they have 30 players listed and Do they have anyone on the team whose horrible parents I want to avoid.
    If you properly vette the club and team before you join you can get your answers. Rosters on a website have nothing to do with college recruitment. If a college coach identifies your kid they will immediately text/email the coach to get further information. That has been my experience.

Comment

I can. Who is #15 on the red team? WIth the way it was, a coach can have the answer in 60 seconds.

And if you are paranoid for some reason that you have a stalker, then just ask not to list your child.
      Do college coaches actually do that, tho? Receive a full game film, watch it, and then start investigating players they see in it without knowing if that player is interested in my college or not? In my experience, the only coaches who might do that are from no-name D2 or D3 programs who probably don't have a chance at landing an ECNL player anyways. Any D1 coach or strong-academic D3 coach would (1) probably not be scouting for players who haven't reached out to them and (2) if the player on video was really that outstanding would reach out to the coach/club directly to inquire (they can't reach out directly to the player until junior year anyways, and any player with a real chance of landing a spot has already been on their radar by then).

Comment

I want to use roster list to know two things: do they have 30 players listed and Do they have anyone on the team whose horrible parents I want to avoid.
        ECNL clubs will often roster more players on their ECNL teams than are actually on the team, adding players from their lower level teams so that they can guest-play if needed. So you'd need to see rosters from their lower level teams and cross-match to make sure you're getting an actual headcount.

Comment

If you properly vette the club and team before you join you can get your answers. Rosters on a website have nothing to do with college recruitment. If a college coach identifies your kid they will immediately text/email the coach to get further information. That has been my experience.
          This is an extremely unprecedented recruiting environment. The only option right now is game footage. In this wierd time, I do not think it hurts for a player to be able to be identified by number and team from game footage, even if it the footage is sent by other players.

Most contact has come from coaches where my player has expressed interest in their programs, but there have been occasional inquiries from other coaches.

In this strange environment I would go for any and all exposure.

Comment

Speaking of Bella Sember, where is Jilly Shimkin these days??

Comment

Speaking of Bella Sember, where is Jilly Shimkin these days??
              Oh lord.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X