Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Bucks 2006 ECNL - Girls

Anyone know anything about this team? Thinking of having my daughter try out. Rich Finneyfrock is supposedly a good coach with a good reputation, but word on the street is that he has ceded control of the team to a small group of parents who are just looking out for their own kids' interests.

Fc bucks

Completely false ! Come find out for yourself. This team is legit!

Comment

FC Bucks

My daughter plays for this team. She came from an outside club last year. Most of the kids who previously played for Rich did not make the ECNL team. Players make it based on merit and performance. Finneyfrock has zero tolerance for parental interference. Players best interest is his only priority.

Comment

FC Bucks

Tryouts are tonight and 3/21

Comment

Fc bucks

Last two tournaments on got soccer show a record of 0 wins 5 loses and 1 tie. 1 goal scored in 6 games.

Comment

It's a good club. Worth checking out.

Comment

Fc bucks

My daughter also plays for this team. She also came from another club. The club is a great club and is definitely worth checking out. This team is a very good team and is currently ranked third in its ecnl league. Finneyfrock is a great coach. One of the best. In the interest of being transparent the father of a girl on the team is the assistant coach. There doesn’t appear to be any playing favorites but This is something most top clubs wouldn’t allow. I thought it was odd when my daughter started.

Comment

FC Bucks

If you want to go by got soccer look at the last 8 tournaments going back to last year. Why would you look at only 2 tournaments? This team plays in Jeff Cup, WAGS, Bethesda Cup, Spirit, FC Delco etc. as well as competes in ECNL which is one of the top leagues in the country. The team only plays in the top tournaments in the top brackets. The team is 13-11-3 with 45GS and 32GA going back the last year. The team just competed in Jeff Cup this past weekend and advanced to the semis. Not sure anyone who is competent should base their decision making on Got Soccer points.

Comment

FC Bucks

Please stop! You sound silly arguing the merits of a 13 yr old soccer team.

OP- if you are interested go to a tryout and talk to the coach. Bring up your concerns. Maybe reach out to a parent from another age group. Because on this board you will get answers from 3 types of people:
                  1. Disgruntled parent who's kid got cut or knows their days are numbered
                  2. Scared parent who wants nothing more but for their kid to stay on the team but knows they are barely hanging on.
                  3. Troll who will say anything to get someone fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    My daughter also plays for this team. She also came from another club. The club is a great club and is definitely worth checking out. This team is a very good team and is currently ranked third in its ecnl league. Finneyfrock is a great coach. One of the best. In the interest of being transparent the father of a girl on the team is the assistant coach. There doesn’t appear to be any playing favorites but This is something most top clubs wouldn’t allow. I thought it was odd when my daughter started.
                    FC Bucks is a good club. They have good coaches and develop soccer players at various ages and levels. You can't make a kid a top 1% if it's not possible (iq, athletic ability, genetics, etc.). That's why those players are unicorns. They care about the kids. If you are in the market, definitely check it out.

Comment

If you want to go by got soccer look at the last 8 tournaments going back to last year. Why would you look at only 2 tournaments? This team plays in Jeff Cup, WAGS, Bethesda Cup, Spirit, FC Delco etc. as well as competes in ECNL which is one of the top leagues in the country. The team only plays in the top tournaments in the top brackets. The team is 13-11-3 with 45GS and 32GA going back the last year. The team just competed in Jeff Cup this past weekend and advanced to the semis. Not sure anyone who is competent should base their decision making on Got Soccer points.

Thanks for the info. The older tournaments on Got Soccer are mostly 9v9 - most people know that success at 9v9 doesnt always translate into success at 11v11. The bigger field makes it a much different game. Ive seen good 9v9 teams become bad 11v11 teams and mediocre 9v9 teams become really good 11v11 teams. Also the original poster asked a question about Finneyfrock specifically and there was a switch to him when the team went to 11v11. So again, only the more recent tournaments are relevant to the original poster's question, which is why I responded the way I did. Congrats on Jeff Cup - that wasnt on Got Soccer, which is why it wasnt mentioned. Did they play top bracket?

Also, I agree with you, no one should be picking a team on Got Soccer points alone. It is just one factor.

Comment

FC Bucks

Please stop! You sound silly arguing the merits of a 13 yr old soccer team.

OP- if you are interested go to a tryout and talk to the coach. Bring up your concerns. Maybe reach out to a parent from another age group. Because on this board you will get answers from 3 types of people:
                        1. Disgruntled parent who's kid got cut or knows their days are numbered
                        2. Scared parent who wants nothing more but for their kid to stay on the team but knows they are barely hanging on.
                        3. Troll who will say anything to get someone fired up.
                        I am the OP - I reached out to the coach and got no response. I also have talked to some parents from other age groups which is where I heard the concerns about parents mentioned in my original post. I figured that maybe I would get some unbiased feedback on here.

Comment

I am the OP - I reached out to the coach and got no response. I also have talked to some parents from other age groups which is where I heard the concerns about parents mentioned in my original post. I figured that maybe I would get some unbiased feedback on here.
                          Reposting: FC Bucks is a good club. They have good coaches and develop soccer players at various ages and levels. You can't make a kid a top 1% if it's not possible (iq, athletic ability, genetics, etc.). That's why those players are unicorns. They care about the kids. If you are in the market, definitely check it out.

I would reach out again. Try sending to DOC. Sometimes the coaches don't contact prospects directly so there is nothing implied.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The older tournaments on Got Soccer are mostly 9v9 - most people know that success at 9v9 doesnt always translate into success at 11v11. The bigger field makes it a much different game. Ive seen good 9v9 teams become bad 11v11 teams and mediocre 9v9 teams become really good 11v11 teams. Also the original poster asked a question about Finneyfrock specifically and there was a switch to him when the team went to 11v11. So again, only the more recent tournaments are relevant to the original poster's question, which is why I responded the way I did. Congrats on Jeff Cup - that wasnt on Got Soccer, which is why it wasnt mentioned. Did they play top bracket?

Also, I agree with you, no one should be picking a team on Got Soccer points alone. It is just one factor.
                            Agree with this poster. Do not go by Got Soccer points. Some teams and clubs will go to every tournament out there just to rack up the points. I would look at the quality of tournaments attended and keep in mind that many of these tournaments are showcases so it's the club's job to try to get everyone a look and an opportunity to play in college if that is the choice of the participant and his or her family.

Comment

FC Bucks

Each families perception and experience is different and it has to do with expectations. If you want your child to learn and develop at a high level in a competitive environment that will provide the most exposure then there are 2 choices. DA or ECNL. No other leagues or competitions come close...2006 Girls you have (in my order) best to worst... PDA, PA Classics, Penn Fusion, World Class FC Bucks, SJEB, Match Fit, Contintental Delco. I don't know enough about Cedar Stars or STA. Pick one or two or three depending on where you live and see what you like best. Remember even the worst on this list is a better option than the best on some other list. Tryouts are nice but they will always take a really good player.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X