Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok, so we have established you love s#!tty soccer from every angle. Go get em’ baller!
    Baller (Barrrera) and Guzman both big games last night in the win. Also the CT HS youngster came on late and scored his first professional goal....must be big thrill for this kid -who apparently did not have youth experience at OW, BS, etc and just made his name playing for his HS.

Would this kid have been discovered without HA being in existence in CT?

Comment

Is HA putting together youth teams for this fall? What age groups?

Comment

Is HA putting together youth teams for this fall? What age groups?
        Why don’t you email them and ask. That way you’ll get the correct info and it would take you literally seconds.

Comment

Baller (Barrrera) and Guzman both big games last night in the win. Also the CT HS youngster came on late and scored his first professional goal....must be big thrill for this kid -who apparently did not have youth experience at OW, BS, etc and just made his name playing for his HS.

Would this kid have been discovered without HA being in existence in CT?
          I think the existence of HA doesn’t say much. If they weren’t here, the kid would be playing for FSA U21. Same difference when you think about it. I bet you got an 8x 10 of Barrera on your nightstand, baller.

Comment

I think the existence of HA doesn’t say much. If they weren’t here, the kid would be playing for FSA U21. Same difference when you think about it. I bet you got an 8x 10 of Barrera on your nightstand, baller.
            Is your name Debbie Downer by chance?

Comment

Agree. Why anyone would want to root against them from around here is beyond me. Why is the “ soccer community” in some ways unable or unwilling to rally around and support a great addition to the Hartford area and the State?
              agree

Comment

Why don’t you email them and ask. That way you’ll get the correct info and it would take you literally seconds.
                I did. The response was to monitor their social media sites for updates.

Comment

Agree. Why anyone would want to root against them from around here is beyond me. Why is the “ soccer community” in some ways unable or unwilling to rally around and support a great addition to the Hartford area and the State?
                  It would be great if it succeeds but there are a lot of things working against it. Covid timing couldn't be worse. Even MLS clubs are struggling.

Comment

All youth sports are struggling. Not a good time for sports.

Comment

Oakwood boys will be in trouble once this kicks off. HA will take over on the boys side in Hartford area

Comment

They went 3-0 because they played teams using 17 and 18 year olds because their starters went to Florida to sit on the bench at the mls cup
                        I’m curious what your expert analysis is at this point in the season? Thanks in advance, we all look to you for your knowledge on USL teams.

Comment

HA and Ginga will be announcing a merger soon. Good night Oakwood

Comment

Everson sucks up to Oakwood; surely he wouldn’t want that to happen

Comment

Hilarious. Right now HA is only interested in keeping afloat, not youth soccer. If they were they'd partner with a stronger/DA affiliate club like OW or even FSA over Ginga. Ginga's location doesn't even work as well vs the other two

Comment

Hilarious. Right now HA is only interested in keeping afloat, not youth soccer. If they were they'd partner with a stronger/DA affiliate club like OW or even FSA over Ginga. Ginga's location doesn't even work as well vs the other two
                                I would imagine that HA has already spoken with CFC, OW, and FSA about an "affiliation" - which entails HA taking their players "up the pyramid". If these three clubs were to let their top players go to HA, they will all be weakened in their respective leagues - which arguably are at the top of the youth soccer pyramid (in their minds). So what's the point?

Ginga is a good candidate, in that they already lose top players to CFC, OW and FSA, so why not lose them to HA? HA provides a clear path of progression for Ginga players, something that they currently do not have. It could be a fruitful partnership.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X