Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will high school soccer be cancelled/postponed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is so drowned in privilege and so completely out of touch with reality it’s actually shocking. Wake up.
    That is one crappy read. The truly privileged are listening to a concert on lake o this evening or have spent covid sequestered at black butte.

Comment

wake up

This is so drowned in privilege and so completely out of touch with reality it’s actually shocking. Wake up.
      I am not privilege, I earned it.

Comment

I am not privilege, I earned it.
        You no earn thing shame on you.

Comment

Predictions on chances OSAA cancels fall sports at meeting coming up?
          100% chance that all sports are at postponed until at least schools open. Once school is back (even part time) I think low-contact sports will have a season (cross country, golf, etc) like Washington. Football and soccer will be pushed to a shortened season in early spring, spring sports will happen after that through June.

Comment

100% chance that all sports are at postponed until at least schools open. Once school is back (even part time) I think low-contact sports will have a season (cross country, golf, etc) like Washington. Football and soccer will be pushed to a shortened season in early spring, spring sports will happen after that through June.
            These recreational sports Football, Basketball & Wrestling among others have no chance of being played in Oregon until a proven Vaccine or Therapeutic is readily available and reliable in combating Covid-19. Don't get your hopes up about the high risk sports being played next spring, just yet.

Comment

This ban could go for 2-3 years. No sports and no in person school. Masks will be required in public for years. We are in this for the long haul. We are in this together. Mask, goggles, gloves, and long sleeves in public. We cannot let this virus win. It's time to get serious.

Comment

Think you’re close.

Comment

This ban could go for 2-3 years. No sports and no in person school. Masks will be required in public for years. We are in this for the long haul. We are in this together. Mask, goggles, gloves, and long sleeves in public. We cannot let this virus win. It's time to get serious.

I am ok with this as long as the deluxe unemployment checks continue for the 2-3 years as well.

Comment

Any word from OSAA meetings? If schools aren’t even going to start till late fall, how can there be fall sports? Have all the fall sports in the spring?

Comment

Osaa

Any word from OSAA meetings? If schools aren’t even going to start till late fall, how can there be fall sports? Have all the fall sports in the spring?
                      You would think this was be a easy decision. Not sure what the hold up is and I am not sure why this is even a OSAA decision or even a school decision. The state health department and gov office needs to get involved and give guidance for youth sport.

Comment

You would think this was be a easy decision. Not sure what the hold up is and I am not sure why this is even a OSAA decision or even a school decision. The state health department and gov office needs to get involved and give guidance for youth sport.
                        I know a lot of people that work for the state. Nice people but they aren’t particularly smart and I wouldn’t trust them to make decisions in the best interest of my kids.

All sports should be optional. Parents should be the sole decision makers.

Yeah yeah I know. What of if we have a massive outbreak? So what. If you choose to go mountain climbing and you fall and die, at least you weren’t home sitting on your butt watching TV.

Comment

I know a lot of people that work for the state. Nice people but they aren’t particularly smart and I wouldn’t trust them to make decisions in the best interest of my kids.

Yeah yeah I know. What of if we have a massive outbreak? So what. If you choose to go mountain climbing and you fall and die, at least you weren’t home sitting on your butt watching TV.
                          I love the internet. The commenter above opining on how smart others are is indicative of our broken society -- and his/her indifference to a massive outbreak is simply counterproductive if we ever want to return to normal. Again, for the one-millionth time: the difference between your analogy of mountain climbing and the COVID crisis is that in the former you hurt yourself, in the latter you hurt others and contribute to community spread. Of course to you, it's the government employees who aren't particularly smart ...

Comment

Health department

Headline from a story ran in the 8-4-2020 Washington Post

Teachers returned to a Georgia school district last week. 260 employees have already gone home to quarantine

Comment

Government officials will make the most important decisions that affect your life. Get over it. This isn't something that you get to choose. If they order you to do something, you best comply and not question. This is why we have correctional institutions. You might need to have your behavior modified.

Comment

I love the internet. The commenter above opining on how smart others are is indicative of our broken society -- and his/her indifference to a massive outbreak is simply counterproductive if we ever want to return to normal. Again, for the one-millionth time: the difference between your analogy of mountain climbing and the COVID crisis is that in the former you hurt yourself, in the latter you hurt others and contribute to community spread. Of course to you, it's the government employees who aren't particularly smart ...
                                The virus will never be contained. Ever. Imagine someone releases 2,000,000,000.000 mosquitoes in your backyard and gives you a net. You have a better chance of catching them all unharmed than containing this thing.

The more 3/4 measures we take the longer this BS will drag out. Open the flood gates and let the virus flow.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X