Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchfit guesting policy - official (please read)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come at Match Fit some kids are allowed to guest and others are told they will be thrown out of the club?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How come at Match Fit some kids are allowed to guest and others are told they will be thrown out of the club?
      This was all addressed pretty comprehensively in a prior post. Short version: different expectations and different rules for a select few kids. Such is life.

Comment

This was all addressed pretty comprehensively in a prior post. Short version: different expectations and different rules for a select few kids. Such is life.
        It comes down to how much a club wants to keep certain kids in their program, but also how much autonomy a coach feels they have. I'm sure there are coaches that officially say no guesting no matter what, but unofficially tell their parents (especially to those that they want to keep) to just be smart about it. Don't put their kids in/bring gear associated with the club, don't talk widely about what club your kid plays for, don't post publicly on social media, etc. This is all common sense stuff, but how many times have you gone to a tournament and seen kids from the other side take off (for example) PDA jackets and play under a different team name? As long as you're smart about it, it should be allowed.

Comment

That should be a good gauge for where your daughter stands with MFA. If they tell you that she can not guest then that should be a red flag and head for another club.

Comment

It comes down to how much a club wants to keep certain kids in their program, but also how much autonomy a coach feels they have. I'm sure there are coaches that officially say no guesting no matter what, but unofficially tell their parents (especially to those that they want to keep) to just be smart about it. Don't put their kids in/bring gear associated with the club, don't talk widely about what club your kid plays for, don't post publicly on social media, etc. This is all common sense stuff, but how many times have you gone to a tournament and seen kids from the other side take off (for example) PDA jackets and play under a different team name? As long as you're smart about it, it should be allowed.
            I've heard rumors where players from other clubs just acquire MF gear so they could pretend to be fake MF players while guesting at tourneys.

Comment

I've heard rumors where players from other clubs just acquire MF gear so they could pretend to be fake MF players while guesting at tourneys.
              What is this, mission impossible? I'm sure there are instances of kids wearing gear from former clubs, but to actively do this seems outlandish.

Comment

Thank you. You brought a smile to my face. How about prosthetic masks. I hear that’s the latest thing to do. Get face masks of current MF players so you can match that with the MF gear you buy to make matching sets. All just to guest at meaningful tourneys that don’t exist in this pandemic.

Comment

Soccer antifa is real.

Comment

Thank you. You brought a smile to my face. How about prosthetic masks. I hear that’s the latest thing to do. Get face masks of current MF players so you can match that with the MF gear you buy to make matching sets. All just to guest at meaningful tourneys that don’t exist in this pandemic.
                    They meant the player from Maryland that guested for them 4 years ago. Lets make sure you keep up with the posts and make sure you know what your talking about going forward. OK sleepy Joe?

Comment

They meant the player from Maryland that guested for them 4 years ago. Lets make sure you keep up with the posts and make sure you know what your talking about going forward. OK sleepy Joe?
                      that maryland player never had to buy the uniform. the coach would provide a washed uniform before every game. guesting mastery level 1000.

- sleepy joe

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X