Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prep school players with cancelled seasons allowed to play for home town schools

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prep school players with cancelled seasons allowed to play for home town schools

Prep school players being allowed to play for the home town CIAC public schools where they pay taxes if sports are cancelled where they are?

Precident has been set from history of neighboring town kids playing in nearly towns where certain sport is available but not offered in their own towns public schools.

Link?

Not practical for most regardless, due to distance and transportation issues

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Prep school players being allowed to play for the home town CIAC public schools where they pay taxes if sports are cancelled where they are?

Precident has been set from history of neighboring town kids playing in nearly towns where certain sport is available but not offered in their own towns public schools.
      They would not be welcomed back just to drop in for a season. Mostly entitled wealthy kids that were too good for public schools and their former town teammates

Comment

Depends on if their team mates parents are dirtbags like you. Our players play with us, even during the summer, and just play HS with their private school. Friends are still friends scumbag.

Comment

I would send them back to their private institutions.
          How about the clubs they play for organize something.

Comment

If it’s true that’s a great option for kids.

Comment

If it’s true that’s a great option for kids.
              No way this is happening. Schools will not the liability of kids that aren't enrolled in their school systems. Besides, true prep schools have mostly live-in students, not many locals. Those locals often come from pretty far away. My D's best friend attends one and it's almost an hour away. By the time she got down here, practice would be almost over. The odds CIAC and schools would be willing to do thisf or so few athletes is nearly nonexistent. Private day schools might have a chance since it's much more local, but again I just don't think very risk averse CIAC would go there.

Comment

I would send them back to their private institutions.
                How about the clubs they play for organize something.
                How many private/prep school kids are there on any one team? Probably not many.

Many of the cancelled prep/private leagues will be running practices and are allowed scrimmages, they're just not doing a formalized season. In other words, there's not much of a need for it.

I agree with above that public schools won't want it and it's probably not logistically feasible either.

And who said all these private and prep school players are that good? Plenty aren't.

Comment

There’s also plenty of crappy public school players.. ever watch a HS game?

Comment

How many private/prep school kids are there on any one team? Probably not many.

Many of the cancelled prep/private leagues will be running practices and are allowed scrimmages, they're just not doing a formalized season. In other words, there's not much of a need for it.

I agree with above that public schools won't want it and it's probably not logistically feasible either.

And who said all these private and prep school players are that good? Plenty aren't.
                    would affect the wealthy towns the most and on the boys side- but there are plenty of good players in the founders league and they would be welcomed back

think about a Greenwich kid who goes to Brunswick ,or a St Lukes Norwalk kid, can easily be done

Comment

Fake news...

Comment

How is this ever going to work? I can’t see this happening

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X