Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why there is club soccer

Half of my kid's high school practices over past three weeks have been cancelled. Too hot, thunderstorms in the forecast (not actually raining, just in the forecast), too hot. One day went from club practice to HS, only to find out HS had been called off. Can't fool the kids. Daughter and her friends openly deriding the standards of the team.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Half of my kid's high school practices over past three weeks have been cancelled. Too hot, thunderstorms in the forecast (not actually raining, just in the forecast), too hot. One day went from club practice to HS, only to find out HS had been called off. Can't fool the kids. Daughter and her friends openly deriding the standards of the team.
    Be careful, high schools in NJ cannot officially begin practice until September 14th, or so. You might be talking about a captain’s practice, for which, blame the captain.

Comment

Be careful, high schools in NJ cannot officially begin practice until September 14th, or so. You might be talking about a captain’s practice, for which, blame the captain.
      Yeah, it’s definitely the captain making the decisions. /s

Comment

Yeah, it’s definitely the captain making the decisions. /s
        That was sarcastic, but I believe what the previous post said. It’s the captain gathering players for a scrimmage.

This is Covid-19 times, no high school coach in their right minds would be organizing scrimmages on behalf of the captain. Imagine 1 kid testing positive, just imagine that!

There’s going to be a return to high school play, but players and parents will be forced to accept responsibility and liability. There’s no cure, no vaccine, and there might NEVER be. And that’s ok. We can be safe, stay distanced, good hygiene, clean balls and hands.

Others will not come back right now, and that’s ok. Let’s see the quality of the game now. But, again, no way high school coaches will be tied to this situation.

On the club side, we already acknowledged and signed liability waivers releasing the club, NJ youth soccer, referees, etc, to return to play.

Comment

not for nothing but the heat indexes were pretty much out of control the last 3 weeks. With the way people constantly litigate things I know many of big clubs cancelled because of heat. Pretty sure multiple soccer organizations have put forth guidelines in regards to practicing in high heat, many of them say don't practice after 95-100.

that being said both my kids have been practicing the last three weeks and the coaches have done a nice job with water breaks and mixing up drills

Comment

not for nothing but the heat indexes were pretty much out of control the last 3 weeks. With the way people constantly litigate things I know many of big clubs cancelled because of heat. Pretty sure multiple soccer organizations have put forth guidelines in regards to practicing in high heat, many of them say don't practice after 95-100.

that being said both my kids have been practicing the last three weeks and the coaches have done a nice job with water breaks and mixing up drills
            Finally, a non-coronavirus related post, and yes, we have been a heat wave because it’s now the middle of Summer.

And true, captain of soccer team needs to use TeamSnap and get word out of cancellation rather than just not show-up. But it seems everyone got the message, except one poor individual. :-)

Comment

So rich people can brag that there little ones play at an exclusive club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X