Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your kids must be SpecEd because normal kids are covering the same amount of material and done by noon every day. I seriously question what normally goes on in schools when I see kids being able to more quickly digest information and retain more information via online courses.

Kids are learning more with things like Kahn Academy than with the teacher-led instruction. I never in a million years would have considered home schooling, but when I see how far ahead kids are able to get via online tools, I do have to wonder if traditional schools offer any advantage.
    that is true for some but not all...and how do you know that your kids are so far ahead? do you have a degree in all of these disciplines? For many students the lack of structure and the inability to converse with a teacher about their work has been detrimental...and for some students they have figured out that the answers are often readily available online...it is not my experience that students are doing measurably better online

Comment

Not the poster but part of the freak out was because of the horrors coming out of Italy as NY cases were ramping up quickly. There still wasn't a lot of good data. Had measures not been taken they might have needed all those vents.

Russia sent us a bunch of ventilators but back in the homeland several of the same model have literally blown up and killed patients спасибо путин
      They are raging in Russia they need them
      We will send them back to them with a thank you note

Comment

Not the poster but part of the freak out was because of the horrors coming out of Italy as NY cases were ramping up quickly. There still wasn't a lot of good data. Had measures not been taken they might have needed all those vents.

Russia sent us a bunch of ventilators but back in the homeland several of the same model have literally blown up and killed patients спасибо путин

exactly...we reacted based on the data we had at the time and now we have a surplus...hopefully states like NY will not make the same mistake and sell off their surplus to try and balance the budget...as the data continues to evolve hopefully we will not continue to make panicked decisions but informed ones...hiding in our bunkers until there is a vaccine is a panicked decision and hopefully we snap out of it soon

Comment

exactly...we reacted based on the data we had at the time and now we have a surplus...hopefully states like NY will not make the same mistake and sell off their surplus to try and balance the budget...as the data continues to evolve hopefully we will not continue to make panicked decisions but informed ones...hiding in our bunkers until there is a vaccine is a panicked decision and hopefully we snap out of it soon
          They also learned that some patients do better not going on a vent but with heavy oxygen, frequent position changes and other old school techniques to help clear lungs. It's a learning process.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Asking for a friend
            Dems didnt want trump to fire fauci, but ok with Lamont firing his version?

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/connec...d-coronavirus/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X