Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtoc 2016

MTOCs were played this past weekend. Thought MA Youth Soccer did a nice job with the event. The quality of soccer was quite decent and the kids seemed to have fun playing with their friends from town. It was a nice reminder of what youth soccer could be without meddling adults and elaborate business models.

Congrats to all the teams who competed- especially those who earned a Champ of the Champs recognition!

The people running MTOC need to give up the space under the pavilion for players. Does MYSA make a profit on this tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      MTOCs were played this past weekend. Thought MA Youth Soccer did a nice job with the event. The quality of soccer was quite decent and the kids seemed to have fun playing with their friends from town. It was a nice reminder of what youth soccer could be without meddling adults and elaborate business models.

Congrats to all the teams who competed- especially those who earned a Champ of the Champs recognition!
      The quality of soccer was not decent.

Comment

The quality of soccer was not decent.
        Ok boss

Comment

1) it was awful soccer
          2) but you are right, kids that got along and parents who didn't hate each other
          3) U14 and 16 soccer was downright ugly

Comment

1) it was awful soccer
            2) but you are right, kids that got along and parents who didn't hate each other
            3) U14 and 16 soccer was downright ugly
            Says the asshat that probably couldn't line a straight pass 10 yds.

Comment

So it probably was ugly, so what?
              Should MTOC be shut down? Or should everyone there be forced to watch a GPS v NEFC match? You know, because it's soooo beautiful...
              Or maybe the town players shouldn't play in public where innocent bystanders might see it...

Comment

Says the asshat that probably couldn't line a straight pass 10 yds.
                Do you have to play to call ugly soccer ugly? No. I'm not a chef but bad food is bad. MLS is "poor" compared to well .... most soccer.

I do agree that the comment is unnecessary

Comment

Actually I thought some of the teams there were quite good. I saw no reason as to why some of the teams, particularly on the boys side, couldn't beat many of the lower end and middle of the road NEP teams. All the club parents are going to see this as impossible, so blindly believe what you want to believe.

Comment

So of course there are some people who would simply never want to admit that good soccer might be played by some better town teams. Especially in the age ranges of u11 -u14, the majority of the top town teams are stacked with very good club players from NEP and Maple leagues. I went to see one of the games from my town that went to the semis, and the game was well played, better than many of the club games I saw this year. Their coach also coaches club and high school, and over 90% of their players play on some strong club teams. Can they beat the top 5 NEP teams at their age level...of course not. But the soccer at the game I saw was quite good. And yes, most importantly, the kids got to play with their friends and classmates and compete. Let people put it down, but I am sure the experience was a great one for the kids. This board will always have the club bashers and the town soccer trashers. Thank goodness the kids themselves don't care.

Comment

I happen to know that six of my town's u14 players play club for Bolts, GPS, or NEFC.

Comment

Agreed. I happened to coach a younger team to a championship on Sunday and what a great day for those kids. And as they lined up their soccer bags on the sidelines there was a mix of 4 different club bags represented. 12 of the 14 kids play club in addition to town. It was nice to see kids who don't normally play together come together and pull something like that off. It is an accomplishment they will never forget.

Comment

Agreed. I happened to coach a younger team to a championship on Sunday and what a great day for those kids. And as they lined up their soccer bags on the sidelines there was a mix of 4 different club bags represented. 12 of the 14 kids play club in addition to town. It was nice to see kids who don't normally play together come together and pull something like that off. It is an accomplishment they will never forget.
                          If your players don't normally play together, did you bring in some ringers?

Comment

If your players don't normally play together, did you bring in some ringers?
                            Hopefully that's a joke? No - we didn't bring in ringers. I meant these girls play on different club teams and only came together as a town team this season.

Comment

I agree with you. Every kid playing at MTOCs this past weekend deserves a sincere congratulations. And the kids who walked out of there as Champions worked hard to earn it and accomplished something very special.

It takes a special kind of cynic to come on this site and state anything that might suggest otherwise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X