Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please, do tell. I am curious to know which WUP teams are better than stars west teams. Stars athletic teams beat WUP top "red" teams. Whole teams and coaches have left WUP for Stars west. AS and PD have their own koolaid mix, depends on how you want to be lied to.
    That's easy....every boys team in every age group....very easily. Also at G9,G10, G12 and G16. Actually the stars west girls u16 top team is in the championship division.

Comment

Oh. We are talking boys. As usual, the primary focus for WUP.

Comment

Oh. We are talking boys. As usual, the primary focus for WUP.
        Oh you only wanted to talk about girls huh? WUP is all around a better club with better coaches...it is that simple. You may be lucky enough to be on one of the good stars west girls teams but as a whole, stars west isn't even close.

Comment

Oh you only wanted to talk about girls huh? WUP is all around a better club with better coaches...it is that simple. You may be lucky enough to be on one of the good stars west girls teams but as a whole, stars west isn't even close.
          Better coaches how? What makes them better?

Comment

Thanks Serafino

Comment

Looks like Stars have a slight edge on the girls side. Other than u16, they seem somewhat comparable. Again, slight edge to Stars.

Comment

Both SW and WUP lobbied hard to get FC Mass. The merger with WUP could be very good for WUP depending on how many coaches follow FCM. They will also need to allow EM to make coaching decisions which I suspect he will insist on as WUP are a mess. If this doesn't happen I give it a year tops

Comment

Merge? Why?

Teams merge because they suck!! The only other option is to fold. WUP can't compare to Stars West especially on the girls side. No one to blame but themselves!! WUP created Stars West due to their stupidity and boy did it backfire!! Glad to see PD is still a clown!

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes from a Stars West person who wanted FCM. Look at all the clubs who have undergone changes in merging, FC Boston, Scorpions, NEFC, GPS, Boston Breakers even your all mighty Stars. Looks like the best clubs merge!

Comment

I don't think a stars west team has ever beaten a western boys team.
                      Guess we'll see on Sunday if this is still true.

Honestly, the coach at U14 is one of the best youth soccer coaches in the state. Technical, professional, an All American soccer player and guess what?? No son on the team!!

Comment

Both SW and WUP lobbied hard to get FC Mass. The merger with WUP could be very good for WUP depending on how many coaches follow FCM. They will also need to allow EM to make coaching decisions which I suspect he will insist on as WUP are a mess. If this doesn't happen I give it a year tops
                        Lobbied hard? OMG -- LOL

FC MAss was sinking ship and WUP just saddled itself with it! FC Mass has no facilities to practice, was disorganized, and essentially flailing as a league.

They likley should have just folded but guess they found a buyer -- How? I have no idea -- but this is just another step down the ladder for WUP.

Comment

Lobbied hard? OMG -- LOL

FC MAss was sinking ship and WUP just saddled itself with it! FC Mass has no facilities to practice, was disorganized, and essentially flailing as a league.

They likley should have just folded but guess they found a buyer -- How? I have no idea -- but this is just another step down the ladder for WUP.
                          Simply not true. I have a son with SW and 2 girls with FCM. SW does most of its training at AIC and we do get bumped once in a while but it has been good. My girls have trained at the UM facilities since Jan. We had a 2 week period where the fields were not open and the club rented Elms and Holyoke HS. We are very happy with both clubs.

Comment

SW and FCM/WUP are the only two legit clubs for kids in Western, MA. The other Maple Clubs are scams with bad coaches and facilities, really not much better than town soccer.

Comment

SW and FCM/WUP are the only two legit clubs for kids in Western, MA. The other Maple Clubs are scams with bad coaches and facilities, really not much better than town soccer.
                              We can all at least agree on this. The amount of horrible small time clubs is ridiculous and dilutes the talent pool. PV Storm, Berkshire, VSA, Euro, Mutiny, etc.

Comment

We can all at least agree on this. The amount of horrible small time clubs is ridiculous and dilutes the talent pool. PV Storm, Berkshire, VSA, Euro, Mutiny, etc.
                                I agree with this statement completely. Sometimes a merge is necessary.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X