Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Even at the best D1 programs, it is often the assistants who do most or all of the recruiting at the DAP playoffs/showcase and elsewhere.
    LMAO
    if you believe that I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

Comment

not the OP but this is irrelevant. Who has the time to watch the bottom 20 games when there are 36 games going on an any given day- maybe just the assist. coaches. The top D1 Head coaches generally are interested in the top teams.
      On the list I got from the team manager, there were plenty of head coaches in attendance. Maybe not of teams in the top 25, but as you noted, that's not where most of the players in the showcase are going to end up.

Comment

LMAO
        if you believe that I have a bridge I'd like to sell you
        Really? You think RR of UConn and EK of BC are out there calling, texting, and emailing all their recruits? Assistant coaches carry the recruiting burden in the vast majority of college programs.

Comment

Really? You think RR of UConn and EK of BC are out there calling, texting, and emailing all their recruits? Assistant coaches carry the recruiting burden in the vast majority of college programs.
          Not all but their top Five or eight recruits absolutely( if not they risk losing them to other HCs who are doing that) . If other players get on the radar they have to watch them play at least twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Not all but their top Five or eight recruits absolutely( if not they risk losing them to other Has who are doing that) . If other players get on the radar they have to watch them play at least twice.
            You speaking from experience? I think not.

Comment

You speaking from experience? I think not.
              Actually I am.

Comment

Actually I am.
                Right. You sure don't sound it.

Comment

Not the same poster but have experience with the showcases and recruiting process. Would like to say that every college follows the same recruiting pattern but I was amazed at how different many coaches were in their approach. For the most part though the one common thread was as previously stated with the assistant coaches being the initial contacts at the school. You would get some head coaches that might get involved early on in the process but it really was handled by the assistants for much of the time. We judged if the school was serious by when / if the head coach got involved. Other than that it can be a very interesting process. Enjoy it.

Comment

Not the same poster but have experience with the showcases and recruiting process. Would like to say that every college follows the same recruiting pattern but I was amazed at how different many coaches were in their approach. For the most part though the one common thread was as previously stated with the assistant coaches being the initial contacts at the school. You would get some head coaches that might get involved early on in the process but it really was handled by the assistants for much of the time. We judged if the school was serious by when / if the head coach got involved. Other than that it can be a very interesting process. Enjoy it.
                    Yep - what we saw too

Comment

Yep - what we saw too
                      Sounds like your son was not high on the list.

Comment

Sounds like your son was not high on the list.
                        Sounds like you know nothing but felt compelled to try your hand at another insult. Not the kid's dad but I call a troll when I see one.

Comment

new to the DAP convo...

Can a high school aged player play HS and Academy? I heard their were waivers but that they were only for prep school players.

Comment

new to the DAP convo...

Can a high school aged player play HS and Academy? I heard their were waivers but that they were only for prep school players.
                            You heard correctly.

Comment

You heard correctly.
                              Public school players can get waivers too

Comment

Public school players don't get waivers.

Give an example of public school kid playing. I know of a 16 bolts kid who played HS then joined the bolts his spring but he wasn't rostered in the fall with the bolts. Kind of a cheap way around it but I don't think he can play this fall for HS and then bolts again in the spring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X