Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Struggled? Duke 4-1-2 after beating BC, VT, Clemson, and WF; tied UVA; and only lost 0-2 to UNC. BC is the one struggling. Lay odds UNC beats them by at least 4 goals.
Yes struggled. Be careful with just looking at score. I think a CB leads the team in goals. They replace a jnr who had started every game with a freshman and moved a defender to wing because they have zero offensive production.

Soccer is not a game where the score always tells the story of superiority.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes struggled. Be careful with just looking at score. I think a CB leads the team in goals. They replace a jnr who had started every game with a freshman and moved a defender to wing because they have zero offensive production.

Soccer is not a game where the score always tells the story of superiority.
What BS! Duke has no issue with offense, even from their bench. 18 shots, 9 on goal, 17 corners against BC and similar numbers against VT. If not for saves by AA, it would have been a rout. BC with only 4 shots the whole game. Thatís struggling.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

17 set plays and no scores,dominating possession without scoring and your center Defender being the leading scorer on your team yet thereís no problem with the offense.Ok if you say so.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What BS! Duke has no issue with offense, even from their bench. 18 shots, 9 on goal, 17 corners against BC and similar numbers against VT. If not for saves by AA, it would have been a rout. BC with only 4 shots the whole game. Thatís struggling.
Duke struggle on offense. FACT. It a larger point being made by people who actually know what they are talking about. Duke had a lot of shots vs BC. FACT

When shots DONT go in thats usually part of struggling on offense. You dont get points for shots on goal.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
17 set plays and no scores,dominating possession without scoring and your center Defender being the leading scorer on your team yet thereís no problem with the offense.Ok if you say so.
^^LOL. Think OP is so caught up, cant read
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes struggled. Be careful with just looking at score. I think a CB leads the team in goals. They replace a jnr who had started every game with a freshman and moved a defender to wing because they have zero offensive production.

Soccer is not a game where the score always tells the story of superiority.
If the CB is leading in goals, itís because of corner kicks and set pieces. Lots of teams struggle to score in run of play, especially given the sub rules in college. Set pieces are one area where having your team run around like chickens pressing everything is irrelevant. Itís also where half of all goals come from in professional leagues so...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the CB is leading in goals, itís because of corner kicks and set pieces. Lots of teams struggle to score in run of play, especially given the sub rules in college. Set pieces are one area where having your team run around like chickens pressing everything is irrelevant. Itís also where half of all goals come from in professional leagues so...
Yes, and those teams would be deemed to struggle on offense. This is not that hard.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What BS! Duke has no issue with offense, even from their bench. 18 shots, 9 on goal, 17 corners against BC and similar numbers against VT. If not for saves by AA, it would have been a rout. BC with only 4 shots the whole game. Thatís struggling.
Saves? The keeper has zero distribution skills, kicks ball out of bounds, and needs to be better with her feet and decisions. Frankly NOT at the level
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What BS! Duke has no issue with offense, even from their bench. 18 shots, 9 on goal, 17 corners against BC and similar numbers against VT. If not for saves by AA, it would have been a rout. BC with only 4 shots the whole game. Thatís struggling.
Bike is soft up top. That smith plays with grit and pace. More players like her and BC turns it around
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 6 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Feh. Second rate college, 3rd rate team. Big deal. Guess if you are some O'Brien or some other potato eater, guess BC is good for your kid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.