Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onyx is done and doesn't even apply.

The actual product of Ecnl from cu and Fcp is horse crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Forgetting Rubin who is pro from westside and Adrian is at the national team and he was all westside.
      Also failed to mention E. Hurtado who was all WSM since age 10, pro & nat team capped...

Comment

Forgetting Rubin who is pro from westside and Adrian is at the national team and he was all westside.
        Adrian was also a top player before moving to westside....HR....

Comment

Lies. Everyone knows TA clubs haven't done anything on the girls side in this state. Boys side is a different conversation. FC, Thusc, and LO have been the dominant clubs on the girls side with individual and team success for many years. Washington Timbers can make a case, but not the other TA clubs.

The same argument you use that FC and CU haven't developed players, can be used against TA clubs. Does WSM claim Danny Mwanga and Chad Barrett as theirs? The answer is, yes, and those players were already top players prior to moving to Oregon.
          Right. Timbers wanted to sign 14-year old Mwanga after he arrived from Congo. His mum wanted him to go to high school and play in college so he plays U1-U19 for Westside. Barrett played for 2 other clubs in San Diego and Arizona before going to Westside as a U14 and played with them, sometimes on their adult team when home from college.

ODP and same club for both U14-U19 years. Odd that you go back many years for Mwanga and Barrett yet make no mention of more current Westside alums, Rubio and Villegas(U17 National team).

Looking at Westside's FB page, they have a team mix of several ages currently playing in the semi-pro WPSL. 2 girls played on ODP Region IV teams and invited to Florida games in November one of them also played in Costa Rica. Another girl played for the U19 Portugal team for the UEFA Championships in Bosnia. Two more girls at US National Training Center Combine in May 2016.

I'll look up other TA clubs when I have more time.

Comment

Adrian was also a top player before moving to westside....HR....
            How long did he play for HR?

Comment

Wait for the results of DA after year one... Timbers DA isn't relevant after all these years with more funding. You think girls will be better? LOLOL

Comment

Being robbed is a crime, that's why the public reaches out. Love thy neighbor.
                Thanks, but no thanks. Don't need your disengenous concern. The real reason behind all the hate and "concern"? I said it before many times.....envy.

Comment

How long did he play for HR?
                  Longer than westside.

Comment

Right. Timbers wanted to sign 14-year old Mwanga after he arrived from Congo. His mum wanted him to go to high school and play in college so he plays U1-U19 for Westside. Barrett played for 2 other clubs in San Diego and Arizona before going to Westside as a U14 and played with them, sometimes on their adult team when home from college.

ODP and same club for both U14-U19 years. Odd that you go back many years for Mwanga and Barrett yet make no mention of more current Westside alums, Rubio and Villegas(U17 National team).

Looking at Westside's FB page, they have a team mix of several ages currently playing in the semi-pro WPSL. 2 girls played on ODP Region IV teams and invited to Florida games in November one of them also played in Costa Rica. Another girl played for the U19 Portugal team for the UEFA Championships in Bosnia. Two more girls at US National Training Center Combine in May 2016.

Rubio is a great product of Westside. Villegas is a great product of HR, then for a short period Westside. As far as the girl that played for Portugal, she's such a great player, she's going to.....Montana? Training combine is not the same as national team camp or a cap.

Comment

Why bring it up then?

Crossfires Ecnl team lost to GPS by a landslide last year and they are on the same age...

Onyx was 98 and developed in state. Salmoncreek is 00. That's two years.

The Ecnl teams are developing in their league and judging by how poor the players teams and stress to recruit, Ecnl is dog crap.
                      Onyx is registered as '99.

Comment

Longer than westside.
                        Rec or club? What teams?

Comment

Tell me when you find players from TA clubs that are rostered on USWNT or invited to USWNT Camps not training centers. BTW you will know when your invited because unlike ODP YOU WONT PAY FOR IT

Comment

Rubio is a great product of Westside. Villegas is a great product of HR, then for a short period Westside. As far as the girl that played for Portugal, she's such a great player, she's going to.....Montana? Training combine is not the same as national team camp or a cap.
                            Players go where they choose to go for the education, their major, sometimes parents are alums, family nearby, they like the coach, they like the team, and so on. No need for sarcasm as this is about player development. Players make their own college choices, not the clubs making it for them-nor do you.

Talking development and opportunities here. I didn't trash talk CU and FC programs. I'm glad there are plenty of options for Oregon players.

Westside club was on out of THUSC and has done extremely well since then. THUSC was dying until they hired Atencio. He was a notorious recruiter of girl players from other clubs who played ODP. It's alright. He also helped with the LO program which had always done very well on both the boys and girls side. FC Portland has been around for a very, very long time and has survived change after change since Clive's passing. FC will continue to be a strong club and I think it will outlast THUSC and the CU programs. LO has numbers to feed from its rec club but perhaps those numbers are on the decline?
                            FC has numbers from NEU to feed into its boys DA and likely NEU girls into FC's ECNL so growth over time for them is possible.

Comment

1) Anyone can play WPSL as they never have enough players. Ask to play and they will give you a jersey

2) No ONE does ODP anymore. Please don't confuse playing in the ODP tourney in November on the same level as attending a USWNT Camp

3) Also please dont confuse attending the US Training Center the same as being invited to a USWNT Camp or earning a USWNT team cap. It is my understanding the only girls that have ever accomplished this have come from either FC or CU.

4) Pretty cool the girl was able to play with the U19 Portugal team, but in all fairness she did not even start a majority of the games for Sherwood HS. Happy she is playing in college at Montana, but girls playing on National Teams are playing at a higher level than Montana

Comment

Tell me when you find players from TA clubs that are rostered on USWNT or invited to USWNT Camps not training centers. BTW you will know when your invited because unlike ODP YOU WONT PAY FOR IT
                                Is your assumption that any players from TA clubs have no value whatsoever unless the end goal is solely to be rostered on US National teams?

You're making some weird comments. Just saying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X