Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This seems unfair. What if you get off shift at 11pm? You aren't getting home until midnight and that might be the only time you can call. Are you just out of luck? Totally unfair. If the coach is running a 4-4-3 and my kid in only getting 15 minutes on the pitch, you can better bet I'll be firing up the mobile telephone and letting someone up the chain know. Give em a good tail chewing like they ought to get. Parents get the final say.

That is what people tend to forget. Parents call the shots and should make sure that coaches and admin staff are aware of their feelings and thoughts on formations and playing time. You can't have a program without kids and can't have kids without parents.

Comment

No wonder, your daughter’s ECNL team is winning. They’re playing with 12 players.
      hahahahahahahahahah!

Comment

That is what people tend to forget. Parents call the shots and should make sure that coaches and admin staff are aware of their feelings and thoughts on formations and playing time. You can't have a program without kids and can't have kids without parents.

Number one reason why teams and clubs fail is from what you just wrote . Good Job!!!

Comment

Parents are always the driver for programs like thorns. They can pull their kid so fast your head would spin so admin is wise to walk on egg shells around them. Parents should drive the formation, tactics and playing time decisions.

Comment

Parents are always the driver for programs like thorns. They can pull their kid so fast your head would spin so admin is wise to walk on egg shells around them. Parents should drive the formation, tactics and playing time decisions.
            That’s the way it should be. Best part of this chat room is empowering parents with knowledge.

Comment

Especially at thorns. Losing seasons make for angry parents.

Comment

Working in kids sports you have to understand the role of parents really quick or you won’t last long.

It seems simple but a lot of coaches and admins get this wrong.

Comment

How do they let parents have input on formations? Do they vote by email? That sounds like a logistical mess. How can that make any sense?

Comment

How do they let parents have input on formations? Do they vote by email? That sounds like a logistical mess. How can that make any sense?
                    There are apps that can let people vote in real time. They are like $9.99 or less.

Comment

You are kidding, right?

Comment

I wish this was true at our club. I send text messages to the coach and get no reply. I can even see that he read it. Every game I give a breakdown of what went right and wrong from a different side of the pitch. We see more on the parents side. Formations and sub patterns can win or lose a game. The club director of coaching didn't return any of my calls.

Comment

I wish this was true at our club. I send text messages to the coach and get no reply. I can even see that he read it. Every game I give a breakdown of what went right and wrong from a different side of the pitch. We see more on the parents side. Formations and sub patterns can win or lose a game. The club director of coaching didn't return any of my calls.
                          Don't get discouraged and keep doing what you are doing. It might not seem like it but it helps in the long run.

Comment

Keep calling. In my experience you have to call most people 20 times to get a call back. Be sure to leave a detailed message. Keep the voice mail under ten minutes.

Comment

Keep calling. In my experience you have to call most people 20 times to get a call back. Be sure to leave a detailed message. Keep the voice mail under ten minutes.
                              Best to go over coaches head. Go straight to big boss.

Comment

Thorns jacked up the fees to $3150 with tryout fees. I figured they would lower to try to retain kids. What’s going on I don’t know.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X