Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So give aways from Nike, are those no-nos? Like kits and cleats and water bottles?

"accept a gift (item or cash) from an agent or a commercial entity"

So if a commercial entity offers to pay for a van ride which you normally would have had to pay for, is that a problem?
    Call the compliance office and explain exactly what your question is. Don't trust people here who may have ulterior motives.

Comment

OYSA games don't count.
      FWRL games don't count.
      Beaverton cup is embarrassing.

How did someone think this was a good idea?

Plus no college signings. Bad!

Comment

Plus no college signings. Bad!
        I know of two from last couple years. So it's not as bad as it sounds.

Comment

Clackamas CC doesn't count.

Comment

Call the compliance office and explain exactly what your question is. Don't trust people here who may have ulterior motives.
            Exactly. Also ignore negative comments and falsehoods.

Comment

They got TWO OVER 2-3 years?? I feel bad for the kids.

Comment

That can't be right. Timbers Alliance clubs got at least 20-30 last year.

Comment

That can't be right. Timbers Alliance clubs got at least 20-30 last year.
                  Timbers Alliance might have gotten that. ECNL got 40. Thorns didn't get much.

Comment

Why does this mis-information resurface on these threads every 2-3 days. It must be the same pathetic person that answers themselves. I guess I'm the madman for taking the bait and correcting it.

The Thorns have only had two classes of girls old enough to graduate. In 2016, every graduating girl went to play for a college (two went D1). In 2017, every graduating girl also signed with a college. However, there were only two girls this age (and both went on to play at four year colleges -- none of them at CCC).

This year, there are already 8 D1 commits on the team. We will see where the rest end up as the majority of the 99/00 team are 2018 graduates.

Comment

Just because they haven't gotten any college signings in the past doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Comment

Timbers Alliance might have gotten that. ECNL got 40. Thorns didn't get much.
                        Collrge is not the end goal for every kid. You have to understand that. You make it sound bad when in fact it's not that bad.

Comment

Collrge is not the end goal for every kid. You have to understand that. You make it sound bad when in fact it's not that bad.
                          College is a waist of time and dough. You'd be better to do GDA and go apprentice and get a trade that you have get hired on when you get out of high school. Why not start building a bankroll and play soccer. Win/win. Then the liberals at college can eat your dust.

Comment

Hopefully it improves over the years. That assumes college is the end goal.

Comment

Hopefully it improves over the years. That assumes college is the end goal.
                              Just look at the kids on the Thornz Asylum rosters. None of them are going to college to play soccer.

Comment

Just look at the kids on the Thornz Asylum rosters. None of them are going to college to play soccer.
                                A few of them will play college soccer one way or another. Its unfair to say NONE and I don't have a kid in the Asylum but I know some of the kids and they aren't going to get skunked.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X