Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nike is getting exactly what they want.... Publicity! Good or bad, the kit is on ESPN, US Today etc... Just in time to sell, sell, sell
    I ain't buy, buy, buying.

Comment

How about if it doesn't have the flag. I prefer to keep politics and jingoism out of my sports.
      Or maybe we could just paint the USWNT logo on a drone missle.

- Cujo
      Cujo, you are a sad and pathetic. Sad you don't support your country. Pathetic that you are stupid enough to document it.

Comment

Cujo, you are a sad and pathetic. Sad you don't support your country. Pathetic that you are stupid enough to document it.
        He's a liberal. He can't help himself.

Comment

A very common objection I have heard to white -- especially from women, and about white shorts in particular -- is that it tends to show through.

Possible that Nike has addressed this in the NT kits by using a thicker or more opaque fabric, but in my experience, most of the womens' and girls' club kits that have called for white shorts were unpopular with their wearers for this reason.

Comment

The country's colors are fine. No need to wave the flag for the reasons that the FauxNews lovers want it to be waved. What other country puts their flag specifically on a jersey - most simply use their national colors and that is all that is needed. The whole idea that the flag is some sacred item like a religious icon is ridiculous. You represent your country's values by your sportsmanship and your conduct and not via symbolism.

I am patriotic and my family has a long history of military service. I just happen to define patriotism differently than the way the Teanuts do.

- Cujo

Comment

He's a liberal. He can't help himself.
              The flag is a country? Since when? Can I build a house on it or a highway or a missle factory? - Cujo

Comment

The flag is a country? Since when? Can I build a house on it or a highway or a missle factory? - Cujo
                Apparently besides being a liberal, Cujo has a comprehension issue too. As noted in the posts above, Flag = symbolism.

Comment

Apparently besides being a liberal, Cujo has a comprehension issue too. As noted in the posts above, Flag = symbolism.
                  The problem with you Teanuts is you think jingoism is patriotism. The idea that the US is morally, socially, and culturally superior to the rest of the world is how the conservatives operate. The average Latvian would disagree with you. BTW - the most patriotic nation in the world (as subjective as that measurement can be...) was Germany in 1938. The higher a nations score of patriotism the more likely they are to engage in war (which we are pretty good at given that during 85% of our nation's existence we have been engaged in war both declared and undeclared). Keep politics out of sports.

- Cujo

Comment

The problem with you Teanuts is you think jingoism is patriotism. The idea that the US is morally, socially, and culturally superior to the rest of the world is how the conservatives operate. The average Latvian would disagree with you. BTW - the most patriotic nation in the world (as subjective as that measurement can be...) was Germany in 1938. The higher a nations score of patriotism the more likely they are to engage in war (which we are pretty good at given that during 85% of our nation's existence we have been engaged in war both declared and undeclared). Keep politics out of sports.

- Cujo
                    World history according to Cujo! Hysterical in its simplicity and ignorance. Just another self-hating liberal who proves his ignorance every time he comments.

Love Cujo's facts and percentages! Just making stuff up. What a fool.

Comment

- Cujo
                      Cujo, you are a moron. Both the World Cup and the Olympics are meant to foster nationalism. It's no different than going to a youth soccer tournament and taking pride in wearing a NEFC, Stars, Bolts, whomever's uniform. That's a key ingredient of any sport at any level. The only one bringing politics into sports are idiots like you.

Comment

Cujo, you are a moron. Both the World Cup and the Olympics are meant to foster nationalism. It's no different than going to a youth soccer tournament and taking pride in wearing a NEFC, Stars, Bolts, whomever's uniform. That's a key ingredient of any sport at any level. The only one bringing politics into sports are idiots like you.
                        It can be done without ramming our flag down people's throats. No wonder why everybody hates Americans. You do know that we are despised worldwide. And not for the wrong reason. You are just like the people who think that soldiers fight for the flag. As the child of a WW2 and Korea combat veteran my family knows all too well that soldiers don't fight for the flag but for each other. The motivations of National Teams are very similar. They are playing for team, teammates, coach, and country. In that order....

- Cujo

Comment

It can be done without ramming our flag down people's throats. No wonder why everybody hates Americans. You do know that we are despised worldwide. And not for the wrong reason. You are just like the people who think that soldiers fight for the flag. As the child of a WW2 and Korea combat veteran my family knows all too well that soldiers don't fight for the flag but for each other. The motivations of National Teams are very similar. They are playing for team, teammates, coach, and country. In that order....

- Cujo
                          YOU hate America. As stated before, a self hating liberal. I have travelled all over the world. South Africa, Asia, Europe, Africa. Never seen even a bit of hatred. If anything people have been exceedingly nice and polite.

Your father would be disgusted by you. Fourth of July must really drive you nuts with all of those people "ramming the flag down your throat".

This is the one bad thing about America. The fact that idiots like Cujo get to espouse their nonsense and not get a wedgie.

Comment

Here are the Men's 2014 World Cup uniforms. I don't see any flags.

https://engtechmag.files.wordpress.c...014-shirts.jpg

Comment

YOU hate America. As stated before, a self hating liberal. I have travelled all over the world. South Africa, Asia, Europe, Africa. Never seen even a bit of hatred. If anything people have been exceedingly nice and polite.

Your father would be disgusted by you. Fourth of July must really drive you nuts with all of those people "ramming the flag down your throat".

This is the one bad thing about America. The fact that idiots like Cujo get to espouse their nonsense and not get a wedgie.
                              ^^^South America

Comment

Actually on closer inspection it sort of looks like Iran is trying to get away with displaying their flag. I guess if they can do it so can we.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X