Controversy over US WNT uniforms

Nike defends the U.S. women's national team's new uniforms amid fan fury

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/nike...-team-uniforms

who cares?

Comment

We have a female national team?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Nike defends the U.S. women's national team's new uniforms amid fan fury

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/nike...-team-uniforms
        No, the outrage is not the colors but the size of the pants.

Comment

They're boring, just like the topic itself

Comment

I like them! I would see a US flag more predominant on it, but other than that, I dig it. I like the volt yellow socks too!

Comment

We have a female national team?
              Yes. They are the successful NT.

Comment

I like them! I would see a US flag more predominant on it, but other than that, I dig it. I like the volt yellow socks too!
                How about if it doesn't have the flag. I prefer to keep politics and jingoism out of my sports.
                Or maybe we could just paint the USWNT logo on a drone missle.

- Cujo

Comment

How about if it doesn't have the flag. I prefer to keep politics and jingoism out of my sports.

- Cujo
                  Cujo would prefer to keep the US out of USWNT. What a dik. How about a good waterboarding for you, doggie?

Comment

- Cujo
                    Sad state of affairs when wearing the national flag is considered political and full of "jingoism". This is the US National Team.

God forbid they play the National Anthem if they happen to win. That would be totally inappropriate.

Comment

- Cujo
                      The whole point of the World Cup is to represent your country. Don't you think there ought to be some sort of symbolism in that respect? Or are you of the New World Order philosophy?

And btw, this might be a surprise to people like you, but there is a whole lot more positives about the US to focus upon. Just ask any of the immigrants that have chosen to live here.

Comment

Sad state of affairs when wearing the national flag is considered political and full of "jingoism". This is the US National Team.

God forbid they play the National Anthem if they happen to win. That would be totally inappropriate.
                        Best post so far.

Comment

Curious choice of kit to be sure. Could easily have gone with white tops and shorts, and then incorporated some flashes of color in the socks and boots, but calling upon colors that are distinctively US -- instead of choosing to make an odd reference to the aqua blue of Canadian lakes.

What's up with that? Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

The US Olympic Committee better take notes. They certainly wouldn't want any national pride happening with those athletes either

Comment

Nike is getting exactly what they want.... Publicity! Good or bad, the kit is on ESPN, US Today etc... Just in time to sell, sell, sell

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X