Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And how well are the breakers top teams doing? Not well. They take a player from outside of the club before a player within the club 9 out of 10 times. The business model is to get 'new' money. If you are already paying you pretty much stay where you are. Of course there are exceptions but very few. If you have two players of equal skill, one from outside the club and one from within the club, the outside kid wins.
    I agree with that, but that's not exclusive to the breakers. If you really feel that is the case then you'd be better served leaving the club. If your daughter is happy and developing then stay put, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Comment

I agree with that, but that's not exclusive to the breakers. If you really feel that is the case then you'd be better served leaving the club. If your daughter is happy and developing then stay put, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
      Agreed, the point is to keep this philosophy in mind when considering joining a satellite team.

Pecking order
      1. kid from outside club (new money)..
      2. Kid from inside club (old money)
      3. Kid from satellite (afterthought)

Comment

Is there a single team within NEFC that they didn't buy?

Comment

If memory serves me right, the reason for DP leaving was after his U13 team went to the final 4 of the state cup (when it still meant something), KD took his entire starting 11 to the ECNL team the next year. I think they would be 16s now.
          I admit, that team is the exception. They were desperate given how bad the previous year's team was.

Comment

NEFC reminds me of that old BASF slogan -- "We don't make a lot of the products you buy. We make the products you buy better."

Or in wine language -- such and such vineyard doesn't grow their own grapes...they buy their grapes from other vineyards and just add their own label.

The Dunkin Donuts of youth club soccer.

Comment

Very surprised by some of the comments in this thread. What percentage of their overall player pool did NEFC really buy or inherit from somewhere else?

Comment

The problem with satellites is not that they are after thoughts or a money maker is that they are not seen enough by the head coaches of the top teams. Only a hand full of coach in any club go and watch these kids play, ask for them to train or even talk to the coach below. Our coach and age group does a great job with this and I know that he is trying his best to promote as many players as possible to the top team. The reason most players also don’t make the top team is that they are not better than the current players. A current player is not going to lose a spot to somebody from outside the club or inside the club unless they are significantly better, why laterally upgrade. Lastly why do you want to be the bottom of the top team any ways other than saying you are on the top team. I would rather have my daughter play and be the top of the second team and get game experience than be the bottom of the top team and sit the bench. Most second team players can make a lower D1 program but probably will be best suited for a good D2 or even top D3 program. If you are not putting in the time now you do not have what it takes to play in a mid to top D1 program anyways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X