X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Complete Works of SuzieSkywalker

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does the MYSA let the ENCL clubs enjoy the loophole where they can roster their ENCL kids on their other teams for the State Cup? The only winners seem to be the ENCL Clubs. Lots of people are involved in this tourney and everyone else suffers. It would certainly be easy to fix it if they wanted to. I just don't get it. My daughters team was just trounced by the version of Stars West that has 7 ENCL Players. We heard the one that scored all 5 goals is from NH? Great deal for the Stars that is easy to see. They are taking advantage of the situation as it stands. I presume they tell the regular players who are benched for the ringers in advance so that there are no suprises. I get all of that. I just don't get why the association that is supposed to look out for the interests of all of it's members would allow a couple of clubs this benefit?
    The Stars only care about one thing and that's the Stars. They have exploited every loophole there is in the system. They withdrew from state cup but send their players back to play. They are the most hypocritical club I've ever witnessed. ECNL, Region 1, NPL, NEP and state cup are all playgrounds for them. The kids and families are just chess pieces to them. If you can't keep up the next piece gets moved in and you're out like trash. It's all about money and their puppet master would do anything to win.
    But none of the other clubs in the state cup did join those leagues. What the Stars do is slimey and speaks precisely to the nature of the club.
    Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    If you have a boy and aren’t watching these games you have no idea what is going on. You should shut your mouth because you are sticking both of your feet in it and the soles are filled with dog crap. What is going on has nothing what so ever to do with development and everything to do with that club’s obsessive need to win by any means necessary. I have no problem what so ever with dual rostering and in fact my daughter has played a number of games this spring for other NEFC teams. As far as I am concerned though, if you really are trying to develop players you don’t move them laterally across leagues within their own age group so they can impact league standings, you move them up into older age groups like every other club we have seen is doing. The Stars are the only ones obviously trying to alter the league standings by switching players around the way they are. What they are doing is incredibly disrespectful to the every other coach and player that is involved with one of the competitions they are involved with. It is disgusting to call it development because it most certainly is not.

Yesterday’s U15 Region 1 games are a perfect example of how what the Stars are doing just craps on everyone else. Their Stars West team was down in NJ with us playing PDA and Brentwood. These were hardly blow off games because the other three teams were all competing for the top spot and chance to advance to the league playoff next week down in Delaware. In addition to the league standings, there were a number of scenarios where goal differential might have made a difference. The Stars had a conflict with their ECNL schedule so they only sent 9 field players to play in the R1 games. Stars West lost both games by a combined score of 12-1. I feel very sorry for those players and their families who had to make that trip yesterday because it was a farce. Suffice to say that the Stars West team both MPS and NEFC played back in March was not the same team the rest of the league faced and that had a material impact on the entire league. That team only played two games and bagged the rest. The bottom line is if you are not going to support the league you shouldn’t enter into it because actions like that invalidate what everyone else is doing. It is bs to caulk it off as development. Personally, I would like nothing better than to have my daughter's club boycott the Stars games in the State Cup. If winning the damn thing is so important to them, let's just agree to give them the damn trophy so the rest of us can get on with things.
    I half expected this sort of response. It is so typical of the selfish mindset that festers in that club. I’m sure glad that not all of the clubs in the state think and act like them so there are actually options to avoid this sort of boorish behavior. If you think how they go about handling themselves is admirable so be it, I obviously have a completely different opinion on how competition and development work together. I feel that if you are going have healthy competition you need to have respect for your opponent. My chief complaint in this situation is that they chose a course of action which impacted more players and teams than their own and they apparently didn’t take them into consideration. I found what they did to be selfish and disrespectful.
    I don’t know where the education piece is coming from but I will tell you that I just checked those rosters myself and noticed that the GK that played in our game is also not on the SW roster. Are you trying to say that half the team was in school on Saturday? I don’t know whether those rosters on the R1 site are actually official but as someone just noted, it does speak to the number of players they had available. When you add the GK, that puts their roster at somewhere around 18. They only sent 9 field players down to NJ on Saturday. The striker and GK that played in our game are on the official match report for their ECNL game on that same day. It looks like they brought all 21 players to the ECNL game. They needed all 21? If those two players went with SW they would have had to play the entire match. If this really was all about development you have to believe that playing an entire game is at least as beneficial as playing a fraction of a game even if you think the other opponent is superior.

Clearly by not sending players to prop up their undermanned SW team the Stars are sending the message that they think the R1 competition is completely beneath them. Believe it or not, I am OK with that mindset. I don’t share it, but have no problem if that is what they want to believe. My complaint here goes to sportsmanship. Why enter the league at all then if you are not going to support it? There is no legitimate reason to send an undermanned team when you have more players available. All that they did was screw up that league for everyone else by essentially pulling their support for the team they entered in it after the first two games. This is no different than the parents who sign their kids up for a team and then let them quite after the first game. I think we all probably feel some disrespect for those parents. From where I sit, what the Stars did is just as selfish and unsportsmanlike. The only thing they didn’t do was get stuck with fines for forfeiting games. They just passed that cost onto the poor families who made the trip to NJ. As far as I am concerned what they are doing is nothing more than employing a scorched earth sort of policy where the Stars attempt to disrupt all of their competitor’s season presumably for marketing effect. That is a pretty sad way to go about running a youth sports club.
    I am sorry if you feel the Stars shouldn't be criticized for their actions but I differ in that opinion and I am entitled to voice my opinion just as much as you are. Maybe I will change my mind if someone could give me a concrete reason why this was good for anyone other than their ECNL team. So far no one has. As far as I can tell there really is no plausible justification for what they did so the criticism is fairly earned.
    The above are the direct lead-in to Suzie's birth...from the Just Curious thread started by our friend on 5-3-13.

You are one sick person. Any other anonymous posts that you want to link to the guy? He doesn't have the market cornered on disliking the Stars you know. Lots of people dislike that club immensely

Comment

You know the old saying? "Don't feed the troll." In this case, don't feed the nutcase. Let Perspective, OCDman, P man talk to himself. That in itself will be entertainment.

Comment

And here 'she' is born, on cue, right in the middle of BTDT's onslaught...and after highly, highly invested, we don't see BTDT signed in as himself again. Why? Because he's ow Suzie in the same thread, picking up the "discussion" without a hitch.

Originally posted by SuzieSkywalker View Post
        This gets right to the point, doesn’t it? You may have spared some of your families, but not all of them, and you certainly didn’t spare anyone outside of the Stars. This is precisely the cold, calculating, and disrespectful sort of attitude I personally and so many others find so offensive. I could actually care less whether you value the R1PL, the central issue is the Stars as a club decided to enter a team into a league and then chose not to support it. By doing that you screwed way more people than you actually want to consider. That is a rather sad indictment on how you run that club. Basically you don’t give a hoot about anybody, including the very families that support your club.

Here is what your families should start considering. The Stars are not going to pay the price for your transgressions, they are. As a former supporter I know full well that every family knows exactly just how tenuous their child’s spot is on one of your teams. For heaven’s sake, everyone within the entire state knows how you threaten and belittle your players and lord knows that no one is exactly blind to what the constant recruiting actually means. Your own sideline jokes in a gallows way how you would cut your own mother if you thought someone else would score more goals. We all just ignore it hoping that we can endure long enough to reach what we all stupidly think is a pot of gold at the end. In the end though a good number of us either burn out, run out of money or just realize the pot of gold just wasn’t what we thought it was and look to leave the club. The problem is there is not as many options as we would like to think.

What the other Stars families never seem to take into account though is where are they going to go if their daughter does get cut or finally has had enough and asks to leave? The sad truth that we learned is there are not a whole lot of open arms just dying to scoop up ex-Stars players. When players such as my daughter leave the Stars they are usually burnt out on soccer and dispirited from the way they were treated. Let’s face the truth, it is not like the girls have much left to bring to a new team and what the parents will find is the other clubs/coaches already know this. What we found was most think there is just too much baggage to take a chance on. The older the girls are and more ingrained the Stars culture is in them the more true this becomes. On top of that, the Stars families should probably also factor in how angry some of these clubs are with the Stars for their shenanigans. Issues this R1PL fiasco really do cause hard feelings and that does create difficulty when one of the families wants to or is forced to leave. The way some of us left our other clubs doesn’t help either. The other clubs hate the Stars and a lot of us burned bridges to join them so no one should expect to get a break if you decide leave. You’ll be real lucky to get out of hell.
        We both know the real truth. How many times have you had to pull your daughter together after a practice? If you say none you are lying.
        And her is Suzie's famous 3rd post ever...

Since we left the club a number of parents have asked me why we didn't leave earlier. Truthfully I have asked myself that same question many times. After pondering it for a while I think it basically comes down to how they build the culture in the club. You end up feeling like there really is no other option. This feeling also explains a lot of the pro Stars rhetoric you read here. People literally are scared to death that they would end up with another club. There is that much paranoia built into the culture.*

When you get right down to it, the way the Stars are run is not all that dissimilar to what you read about in cults. They work real hard at isolating the families from the influences of other coaches and clubs. Their posture on ODP is a perfect example. They instill a Stars against the world mindset and there is always a villain that is conspiring to hurt the club for the families to rally against. When we first started with the club, the villain was MPS. All you ever heard from the coaches was how much a joke MPS was and when they criticized players one of the worst insults they would throw at them was the snide remark about going to play for MPS. When players did leave for another club their name was constantly brought up in practice and ridiculed. You ended up feeling all of the other clubs were not even close to the Stars and that if you left them you were basically giving up on soccer.*

When I look back now I am actually rather disgusted with myself and husband for how long we stayed with the club. We were both athletes and knew that what we were seeing wasn't having a healthy impact on our daughter. She withdrew into shell and lost all confidence as a player. We also saw an impact socially and in school but had convinced ourselves that it was the price that she needed to pay to be a soccer player. We even used to have discussions with her about being tougher and rising to the challenge. All that did was take the joy out playing a game and turned it into a job. The sad thing is all of us were so afraid that if we left the Stars everything she had put up with would be wasted and her soccer career would be over. We quite literally had family fights over it. In the end my daughter simply wore out. She left the club a shadow of her former self and I distinctly remember feeling shame at leaving. I am quite embarrassed to now admit that. I will tell you that there is life other than the Stars. It took time and a completely different coaching style but soccer became fun again and my daughter has actually thrived beyond our expectations.*
        And now the hilarious 4th post ever...

I didn't want to ignore you but I want you to know that I am not going to give anymore identifying information than I already have. I have some neighbors who are staunch Stars supporters. I see no need to bring their criticism closer to home.
        5th post...in another thread...

You might not want to complain so loudly. I'm told this is precisely how Stars were getting players into Region 1 games.
        And you can guess what thread we find Suzie's 6th post...yep, in the Understanding the New Soccer Landscape thread, LOL...

You have blinders on if you think all of these recent moves are easy to understand. I have talked to seasoned coaches who are not sure themselves what they all mean.

I don't think that there is a perfect solution out there. I think a lot depends on the type of child you have and what type of coaching they thrive under. Our experience so far has been that the leagues our team plays in is not nearly as important as the group of girls my daughter plays with.

I have seen the competition in the ECNL. It is just as variable as any other league or tournament our daughter has played in. No matter where we go the difference between the teams always seems to come down to one or two special players. Based upon what we have seen those special players are pretty evenly distributed.
        And the 7th, bringing us full circle to the LIES and DENIALS that have continued uninterrupted to today...

I have been posting anonymously for quite some time. I can’t tell you how many times you have misidentified something I wrote as coming from BTDT. That is precisely why I decided to register. I didn’t want to feed into your super villain theme. The us against the world mentality is a big part of the Stars culture. It is pretty nauseating when you listen to it from the outside the club though. You and the dad who believes that his daughter needed to beat up, by Jason I presume, in order reach her soccer potential seem to monopolize a lot of the pro Stars dialogue here on TS. You are not really representative of most of the parents that I know in the club. We all know that there is a lot of unhappiness in that club. If you want to ignore it, so be it but I will tell what I know. People are free to chalk it off as a jaded ex-parent if they want.

The big debate in this thread seems to be whether the ECNL occupies the top spot in the competitive hierarchy or not. I thought the answer that it was a subjective discussion was actually quite good. That is hardly the biased vitriol you seem to think. The ECNL does have its pluses but it also has an awful lot of minuses as well. Trying to make it seem as though those minuses don’t exist or matter much is what causes all of this endless back and forth. I think what everyone needs to do is be realistic and just look to match their expectations with an environment. The more unbiased the information people have to make their decisions with the better off everyone will be.
        Gee, he's right, that doesn't sound like BTDT in the least!

Comment

Nice to see you are hard at work with your defamation project Perspective. Keep up the good work.

Comment

http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/...z7cabXnTA.jpeg

Comment

I'm laughing because the loon is clearly thinking he is proving something yet I bet no one even bother's to read his evidence. When you do read it, it isn't all that compelling though and just proves how delusional Perspective is.

Comment

The 8th!

As unsettling as it may be we found that this type of soccer parent is not all that unusual at the Stars. The club's culture breeds them. There is always a villain and any suggestion that they might have a point is dismissed as almost laughable. The really awful thing though is they are just like this with other Stars families. The amount of talking they do behind each others backs is very sad. We are so glad we moved on.
                The 9th!

Is it not clear that you are talking about teams that the club itself has said are at a lower level? We have friends on those teams so I in no way want to diminish or disrespect those players but after a competitive tryout they were placed on a lower level team. Suggesting that those teams are more competitive than another club's top level team speaks to the level of arrogance.
                And the beautiful 10th!

Have any of you ever considered there might just be legitimate interest in the topic? This thread was started roughly a week ago and it already has over 13,000 views putting it in the top twenty of all the active threads. I find it rather pathetic how some individuals are trying to shut down this discussion. I keep asking myself whether they truly don't like BTDT so anything they think he posts needs to be criticized or are they actually just using him to deflect attention from something they don't want the rest of us to figure out. After wading through all of this information (which I found to be very insightful) it is apparent that all are not happy with US Club Soccer and the friction between them and the ECNL is at a boiling point. That has me waiting for the next shoe to drop. I wonder if that is why NEFC/MPS/Aztec pulled their marketing piece? I guess we will see at 3:00.
                Hahahahahaha.....ANY of THAT sound familiar???? Like from today, LOL??!!

And, of course, in 'her' 11th post, the cry to get "back on track"....

Trying to keep this thread on track.. Please.

Can anyone tell me how NEP fits into this puzzle? I was under the impression that is was also a US Club Soccer league. Where does it fit in their hierarchy? Is it what US Club considers an NPL or is it what they consider to be a Premiere League which is the next level down? What Cup series do they compete in?
                The 12th, just so coincidentally showing a little interest in promo/relegation. You Go Girl!!!

I've heard some talk from our coach about a promo/relegation process. I presumed that it would be with the NEP. Since there are different clubs involved, how would that work? Does that mean that those NEP clubs would have a shot at being rolled in the NPL?

Also, I'm interested in learning what the the GPS/Rush thing is. Can anyone explain what that is and how it relates to this?

Thank you.
                And, finally, lucky #13, the final Suzie post ever...of course complaining about a stray from the topic because of....a focus on BTDT...Can't make this stuff up!

Notice how far away from the topic the tread has strayed. There is some real interesting and relevant issues that just got walked all over because of this little tirade against BTDT. I would like to know if there is any truth to the rumor about promo/relegation betwee NEP and the NYCL and if so what will that mean as far as some of the clubs that are not now included in the NYCL?
                And that is it. "SuzieSkywalker" -- Born: 5-8-13 Died 5-17-13

Yes, only a 9 day tenure, but what a show. Thanks for the entertainment, BTDT. Or, would you still like to offer yet another denial, LOL?????????

Notice how far away from the topic the tread has strayed. There is some real interesting and relevant issues that just got walked all over because of this little tirade against BTDT. I would like to know if there is any truth to the rumor about promo/relegation betwee NEP and the NYCL and if so what will that mean as far as some of the clubs that are not now included in the NYCL?

Comment

The above are the direct lead-in to Suzie's birth...from the Just Curious thread started by our friend on 5-3-13.
                  https://trailblazer1.files.wordpress...1_600x4001.gif

Comment

I'm laughing because the loon is clearly thinking he is proving something yet I bet no one even bother's to read his evidence. When you do read it, it isn't all that compelling though and just proves how delusional Perspective is.
                    How ironic for YOU to chime in!

Comment

The 8th!

The 9th!

And the beautiful 10th!

The 12th, just so coincidentally showing a little interest in promo/relegation. You Go Girl!!!

And, finally, lucky #13, the final Suzie post ever...of course complaining about a stray from the topic because of....a focus on BTDT...Can't make this stuff up!

Yes, only a 9 day tenure, but what a show. Thanks for the entertainment, BTDT. Or, would you still like to offer yet another denial, LOL?????????
                      https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a924da0d09.jpg

Comment

And here 'she' is born, on cue, right in the middle of BTDT's onslaught...and after highly, highly invested, we don't see BTDT signed in as himself again. Why? Because he's ow Suzie in the same thread, picking up the "discussion" without a hitch.

And her is Suzie's famous 3rd post ever...

And now the hilarious 4th post ever...

5th post...in another thread...

And you can guess what thread we find Suzie's 6th post...yep, in the Understanding the New Soccer Landscape thread, LOL...

And the 7th, bringing us full circle to the LIES and DENIALS that have continued uninterrupted to today...

Gee, he's right, that doesn't sound like BTDT in the least!
                        https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...eaf84777c2.jpg

Comment

The 8th!

The 9th!

And the beautiful 10th!

REAL data sucks, doesn't it BTDT?

And your straying/destracting/ruining/denying tactics sure are telling.

And how telling is it that you were right here, as the data was being entered? You were right here on TS to interject yourself. You couldn't even wait for all of the data to be posted. So telling. Beyond telling. Ever notice how telling? My bet is...that it is really telling...clearly and obviously telling "at this point."

Hey, since you're here anyway with nothing better to do, can you for once tell us what was wrong with William Smith, Wheaton and SLU???

Comment

What data? Your rants hardly pass for data fool.

Comment

REAL data sucks, doesn't it BTDT?

And your straying/destracting/ruining/denying tactics sure are telling.

And how telling is it that you were right here, as the data was being entered? You were right here on TS to interject yourself. You couldn't even wait for all of the data to be posted. So telling. Beyond telling. Ever notice how telling? My bet is...that it is really telling...clearly and obviously telling "at this point."

Hey, since you're here anyway with nothing better to do, can you for once tell us what was wrong with William Smith, Wheaton and SLU???
                              http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CDoQMygIMAg

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X